Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Coverage needs volunteers for Invitational Weekend

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage

Have you ever worked for or wanted to work for Magic-League Coverage?
Yes! I have worked for them before!
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Yes! I would like to work for them!
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
No, I haven't ever worked for them and don't plan to.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I might be interested :)
12%
 12%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Coverage needs volunteers for Invitational Weekend Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I figured I would post this ahead of time so we can try to wrangle in some volunteers. Coverage is hoping to turn out many articles during the Invitational weekend! The hopes are to have very in-depth coverage on our prestigious event and possibly other highlights of the weekend.
I know Coverage has been slacking as of late, this is due to not only my real life judging becoming busy but also due to a lack of volunteers, but we want to revive Coverage with a bang!
My personal hope is to have 5-7 volunteers at the minimum, as I will never say no to someone wanting to help! The important piece to this is that you must be sitting out of the Invitational. This is strictly for fairness purposes. So if you manage to not score yourself an invite or if you plan on simply not playing, please let either myself or Weedmonkey know in this thread, on IRC, or via email (gagne121991@yahoo.com for me, weedmonkey@magic-league.com for Weedmonkey). We would greatly appreciate your help and I will be offering minis for people who volunteer for this weekend.
So as a quick recap, if you are able to write proficiently in English (contact myself or Weedmonkey if you are able to write in other languages) and wish to write for Magic-League Coverage on Invitational weekend, please let us know! We also will accept people who will be around just for Saturday.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you all soon!
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note to all of this, I would also be interested in finding a way to do a podcast of some sort or up to date audio coverage of the event possibly, but I will get into detail later if the chance occurs.
struikje

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the moment I scrub out I'll probably be able to help out ^^.
BIRDYYY

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just my suggestion if you dont already...to figure out a way to have livestream somehow?
YiiiMTG

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i can livestream.

And i dont need to play the Master cuz i wont win it anyway :p
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Livestreaming would not be out of the question, the problem is I don't want any ghosting of players on stream by opponents or friends of opponents.
It is entirely possible for us to use TeamViewer and simply give the presenting powers to a player in a match, but we would need to block out the cards in that players hand and the sized up card (incase they mouse over a card in hand) and then we also need to block out anytime that they are viewing private information (their library with ponder, for example).
This is all possible to a degree, and we could use XSplit to change the sized up card area to our own from our Magic Workstation for commentary purposes. The best bet would be to not have live feature matches. This would involve a coverage person recording a match from at least one person's side of the table and when they finish, edit it so sideboarding is simply skipped and recording commentary for it. It would likely be best to have both sides recorded and simply edit the opponent's hand so it is viewable (using XSplit).
I, myself, don't know how to use XSplit to this degree, so it would require someone else either teaching me how to do this or doing it themselves. If anyone would like to volunteer for this, let me know. You will have to teach me if you are planning on playing, as players are not allowed on coverage for fairness purposes.
Also, on the note of streams. I will not be advertising individual player's streams. The reasoning is mainly due to the ghosting I was speaking of before. We don't want screensniping so the best way to discourage it is to not want live streaming. If you want to stream your invitational matches, it is on your head and coverage does not want to get involved. The exception to this is if you are streaming DELAYED matches. If you are streaming matches the round after they happen, then let me know and I will gladly post advertising for them in the thread for coverage.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1