Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Decks and Forum Rules

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Decks and Forum Rules Reply with quote

Engrishskill, you are killing this community.

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about16597.html

This was his first post and he was actually asking people why he should do stuff. Are the forums really flooded with noobs posting bad decks?

Please stop locking posts and maybe we can get some new blood in here.
Zero-Meia

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed.
Valerio_92

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were all noob.
FrostFire

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they trying to save money by reducing saved content on webpage? Or maybe its just a classic case of anyone with power will abuse it. Nub.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree, engrishkill is the worst moderator i've ever seen in any forum. you consider yourself an adult, while you're a childish bullier who abuses the minimum power life has come to give you. you once responded me in a PM which, to be honest, i didn't even read. i don't think a moderator should act as you do. i'll start a poll to evaluate you. hope you don't close it and then, as a grown man you consider yourself, accept and act in consequence with whatever the result of the poll is.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16600
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrish does a lot of work moderating these forums, and he's overly good at his job. I think the problem isn't getting rid of Engrish but it's relaxing the rules for newcomers looking for deck help.

Also, please delete your new thread before you bring the wrath of banhammer down on all of us.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 minutes to do it, or do it yourself please. sorry for the outburst, but this is not the first time people say the same. however, i think it's a mistake not hearing to people's opinion. in the end, this is not moderator's forum, this is user's forum.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

done.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks.

The problem isn't getting rid of Engrish, we really need him here to moderate the forums. He's been doing it for a while and he's good at it. What we need to do is bug the suits of this site (Flippi, etc) to think about relaxing a few of their policies so this community can be more welcoming to new-comers.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's not just that. he's been boosting at anyone's deck that he doesn't like, taking it to the personal level. if he just kept moderating it would be ok, as that's he's job and i'm not the one to evaluate it, as i don't know the community rules. however, the abuse he's been doing lately is not fair for everyone. if he doesn't like a deck, of course his opinion is welcomed to be read, but laughing at new players, shitting other's opinions and even closing threads because he doesn't like 'em is not what i understand for a well done job.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just want to add:
FrostFire - you should tone it down a bit, we don't need to go flaming others.
judas_bcn - Thankfully I didn't see your thread, but I hope that it wasn't anything disrespectful.
Let's all keep things constructive with commenting and threads. We are all here because of Magic, so we should try getting along. I understand this might be hard for some, but there are rules to posting in the forums, they are posted (granted they may be hard to find at times, which I am going to request they fix) and it is expected that they are followed for organization and other purposes. It isn't very hard to put thoughts into a decklist that you post. Try explaining why you play X, Y, and Z instead of A, B, and C. In the example thread linked in the topic, the player actually gave no reason why he was playing Griselbrand, no Darkslick Shores, and Unburial Rites without access to white mana. It only is an extra few minutes to type out odd choices of cards or explain you have a particular budget. I know personally as a player, I check forums for deck ideas and such, and just simply dislike when a person posts a list without explanations. How can we make GOOD constructive comments without your reasoning behind cards?

Also, if you have a problem with a moderator or someone on Magic-League, email an admin or try chatting with them while they are on IRC. So long as you are respectful and nice, I don't see any reason for them to not listen for some period of time.

Now, I am thinking this should be locked, simply so it doesn't explode any further.

Thanks for reading,
moscowdemon Smile
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know; I can see the case for relaxing the rules.

The main benefit of the "explanation rule" is that it prevents lots of spam threads. Magic-League, unfortunately, doesn't have such a huge forum community that this is really an issue.

The drawback of the rule is that it alienates newer players. A new player was potentially alienated in this case. In fact, I note that nico himself even posted in that thread before it was locked! The rule is also very inconsistently applied, as why was this thread left open? (first thread I saw after 30 seconds research http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=16483 )

---

Ok, I'm in favour of a rule change here.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon, while angry i'm not stupid and the post was not disrespectful at all, just a poll with a simple and not biased question with simple answers: yes and no. anyway, gunsandope made me see it was out of place and i deleted it and apologized. however, as i can see why there are the rules, my problem is not about anyone making them been respected, it is about the way it is done. read the example:

"Thread locked and scheduled for termination- post shows little effort in content, nor deck construction (what the hell do you know about the effort he put in it!!!)...Ub control is a very well known deck, so to present a very bad build with no explanations(budget, lack of sideboard etc etc).
Back to top "

Being a moderator does not give you the right to be disrespectful. Neither to ask people to explain their reasoning and do exactly the opposite when saying what they're doing wrong. And this is a little example of how this moderator does things. And as I said, I think I'm not the only one who is fed up with the situatuion.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Also, if you have a problem with a moderator or someone on Magic-League, email an admin or try chatting with them while they are on IRC. So long as you are respectful and nice, I don't see any reason for them to not listen for some period of time.
I don't think Engrish uses IRC at all - just mods the forums.

My 2 cents - it might have been rudely put, but he was right. We don't need 6 topics about the same deck and if someone cares that much about their deck, they can explain what makes it different from the stickied list.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2