Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Best Avacyn Restored Card!

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited

Vote your best Avacyn Restored Card!
Angel of Jubilation
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Entreat the Angels
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Restoration Angel
12%
 12%  [ 5 ]
Terminus
7%
 7%  [ 3 ]
Tamiyo, the Moon Sage
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Temporal Mastery
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Griselbrand
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Bonfire of the Damned
24%
 24%  [ 10 ]
Thunderous Wrath
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tibalt, the Fiend-Blooded
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Vexing Devil
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Zealous Conscripts
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Ulvenwald Tracker
2%
 2%  [ 1 ]
Wolfir Avenger
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wolfir Silverheart
9%
 9%  [ 4 ]
Sigarda, Host of Herons
4%
 4%  [ 2 ]
Cavern of Souls
19%
 19%  [ 8 ]
Alchemist's Refuge
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Desolate Lighthouse
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Slayers' Stronghold
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 41

Hendrix_21

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Best Avacyn Restored Card! Reply with quote

All of us have been able to test the new cards, so what do you think about?

Vote your best Avacyn Restored Card!
FrostFire

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, you didn't even put the best card in as an option you donk......

Burn at the stake is obv the best p1p1 card you can get.
Hendrix_21

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-.-'
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For limited, bonfire is the best. It's like DoJ and Blaze wrapped together even if you don't miracle it.
NearSideMoon

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you look at all the formats and all the implications, the best card printed in Avacyn Restored is Island.
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tru dat. Turrible set.
NearSideMoon

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, if you want a real answer, it's Cavern of Souls. In this Standard format and carrying into the next Standard format, it is going to be one of the best ways to fix mana in any type of deck with a half-hearted attempt to have a tribal theme, and a major deterrent to any type of Draw-Go style Control. Blue Black Draw-Go, perhaps the most resilient deck of the past 3 years, once again takes a huge hit, and is as unpopular nowadays as during the Stoneforge Mystic - Jace, the Mindsculptor Standard. I believe Cavern of Souls is a big reason for that.

It's also going to shape the decks that emerge from this block into the next one. Depending on the spells and reprints in M13 and in Return to Ravnica, Snapcaster-Delver Tempo may not be as dominant. Even ignoring the possibility of Ponder being lost, not having access to Vapor Snag, Gitaxian Probe, or Sword of War and Peace may be enough of a detriment to traditional lists that they might be abandoned. Wolf Run Ramp, in its current incarnation, loses it's Red sweeper in Slagstorm, loses Inkmoth Nexus, loses Sphere of the Suns, and could possibly lose anything from Solemn Simulacrum to the Titans (unlikely.)

But Humans, who are guaranteed to retain their entire core (Champion of the Parish, Gather the Townsfolk, Thalia, Loyal Cathar, Fiend Hunter) are as fresh then as today. Variants can range from Naya colors replacing Hero of Bladehold with Riders of Gavony or Huntmaster of the Fells, or Blue White, retaining Moorland Haunt. Humans, and to a certain extent Zombies, benefit the most from Cavern, and suffer the least from Scars block's rotation.

In that sense, they will determine the next format, so Cavern is the most important card of this set.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For limited, considering Draft and Sealed I would say Wolfir Silverheart is the best. (And he sees Constructed play too). Other than Burn at the Stake you do not have to draft your deck around it, if you have another creature and can at all support green Silverheart is in. As removal light as the format is and with most conditional removal not hitting Silverheart he grows even stronger. Also green seems to be one of the best colors so far.
Bonfire sure is a great bomb and I'm always happy to play it. Worse on the splash than it looks though and sometimes not miraceling it just isn't worth it in sealed. I have been disappointed by Bonfire but never lost a game where i got a Wolfir to stick.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NSM: It's the limited forum, so presumably the question was best card for limited. Assuming it's a all-format-encompassing question, your first answer was probably better than your second.
Burton911

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussing whats the best spoiler rare/mythic is kind of pointless.
It would make much more sense to talk about the un/commons. I can give you no answer tough as i havent played the format much so far.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep for limited bonfire of the damned is clearly the best, but that is a very constructed looking list, why would vexing devil even get a mention in limited.
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bonfire of the Damned not close.

I really wonder how anyone can vote for Cavern of Souls in this category. It's not far better than a basicland in Sealed/Draft. I'd rather have grizzly bear more in my pool than caverns. :/
styx^

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he actually meant it to be a vote for constructed...

Because in limited: Mist Raven...
Ashmatan

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with Canabiest. Sure, Bonfire single-handedly swings tempo if topped. At best, its Slagstorm for 7 mana if its in ur hand. It's no good if ur dead, and its no good if u dont see it. Either way, if wolfir is in ur hand or u get him on the topdeck, ur happy. If wolfir hits on turn 5, ur happy. Wolfir ends up making two 8 toughness creatures which only a 9 mana miracled Bonfire will deal with. Now which is better? Considering the same goes with my experiences with him: I've never lost with him if I've seen him and if he's played against me, i lose cuz he beats my forces down to the point where if I do draw an answer, my tempo is already destroyed much like my options and cards in hand. The other cronies finish me off. Wolfir Silverheart all the way. If anyone is seriously silly enough to vote against him, then they haven't had him and his partner stomp their face in enough.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cavern of Souls is really great for the whole Magic game, not just for limited.

This topic is in limited category, but the question doesnt specify exlusively best card in limited, just best card.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2