Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Geist of Saint Traft

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject: Geist of Saint Traft Reply with quote

Hi,

Can someone please help me with this question?

If I have a Geist of Saint Traft, attack with it creating an 4/4 Angel Token, its possible to use a Phantasmal Image on the Token without having to sacrifice it at end of turn?

In my opinion, since Geist of Saint Traft says to exile "that" token (that specific token that he created), instead of "create a 4/4 token with - Exile this token at end of turn", I think it's a legal play and I can keep the copy of the Angel...

Anyway, as everyone knows, there are that net players that love to make their own rules and said that I must exile both if I made that play... And since I'm not 100% sure, and I don't like to make up rules, I would like if someone could help me with this, and explain why, in case I'm wrong!

Thanks for help,

cHaKaL-PT
Rockets

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The token is exiled at the end of combat, not at end of turn. But if you were to flash in the Image or use it's ability on the token in another way, it would not be sacrificed.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The token is sacrificed by the same trigger which created it, it is not an ability linked to the token. If you were able to flash in Phantasmal Image during combat to copy it, it would NOT have the same requirement to be sac'd at end of combat.
Strid3r

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you are right to put it simple Laughing
chakal-PT

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

strid3r wrote:
So you are right to put it simple Laughing

lol

I was right, but wrong... eheh It's still an illegal play!
I didn't read the Geist of Saint Traft ability correctly, and that was the problem...

Anyway, thanks for your help guys!!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1