Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UBw Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: UBw Control Reply with quote

4x Snapcaster Mage

4x Zombie Infestation
4x Secrets of the Dead
2x Sorin, Lord of Innistrad

4x Ponder
3x Mana Leak
2x Go for the Throat
1x Doom Blade
4x Think Twice
4x Lingering Souls
4x Forbidden Alchemy

Looking for input and advice. The deck plays the attrition war and usually wins out. The most problems i have is against very explosive decks that i can't set up my board fast enough to recoup from it. The main idea is to turn 2 a Infestation, turn 3 a Secrets, and from there use attrition to win. Discarding cards to Infestation for zombies then flashbacking discarded cards and drawing more cards is how the attrition war is won. The deck has slowly evolved in the past couple of days. First it was without the Snapcaster package, and used Griselborn, Consecrated Sphinx and Unburial Rites to discard and reanimate a fatty that draws more cards for Infestation. That route didn't leave much room for extra cards like spot removal and counters, so I switched it to a Snapcaster toolbox to deal with those issues. Thoughts, flames, comments, random replies all welcome.
NearSideMoon

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ummm... mana?
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't see what lands have to do with it.

4x Glacial Fortress
4x Isolated Chapel
4x Drowned Catacomb
2x Plains
5x Island
5x Swamp
EMA

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Liliana just better than zombie infestation in that slot?
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean "Liliana discards too" then probrably yes. But no. Infestation discards multiple cards to put dudes into play to block/swing with. In the Griselbrand reanimation version Infestation is much better because at the end of your opponent's turn, pay 14 life and putting out 7+ Zombies to swing along with Grisel usually ends a game.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And Liliana is three mana while the Infestation is two. The ideal play is turn 2 Infestation, turn 3 Secrets.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Infestation and Secrets over Walkers because they produce a card advantage engine that wins any attrition war. Zombie Infestation puts out more dudes than spot removal can be effective against. It stays in to make more dudes after a Day. Most importantly, it does it at instant speed. So at the end of your opponents turn, you drop out Zombies like crazy. The Secrets gives me more cards for cards I have played twice now. The deck doesn't run out of steam.

My matchups are extremely well vs Control, as my card advantage is very accumulative. If they use cards dealing with the engine, they leave the Zombies to take away their life. If they deal with the Zombies and various tokens, they are losing to card advantage I am creating.

Aggro matchups are very draw dependent. If cards can be dropped turn 2, 3 and 4 in order, it steam rolls over aggro without a doubt. But that doesn't always happen. The main problem against aggro would be missing land drops, the opponent having nuts in hand, or a lack there of on my end. But that can happen to any deck.

The list has changed more and more, but I won't keep updating it on here as no one really seems interested. Or if they are, its just to rip a list and not actually construct. If anyone is interested you can find my on Cockatrice (same username) and we can playtest or share strategies.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1