Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Error with MWS

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Selkie

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:15 pm    Post subject: Error with MWS Reply with quote

Originally Posted by piechart
This error has been brought up four times before, but never properly addressed.
Mwsplay module crashes consistently approx. three minutes into the game in solo mode or when connected to an opponent. Reinstalling does not fix this error, even if every trace of the program is wiped from the computer.

I am using windows 7, 64 bit, and it seems at least some of the others with this problem are too. The problem began, for me, on October 1st. I did not install anything that day and I did not download anything that day.

At 0:02:45-0:03:01, the program stops working. A box pops up, saying that windows is checking for a solution. Then:

Magic Workstation Play Module has stopped working
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

More interestingly, if I click Stop when it is checking for a solution, it displays the generic error message and also:

Application Error
Exception TBitmapImage in module mwsplay.exe at 00142FED.

The listed exception is not always the same, the last one i saw was TGIFPainter. However, the location of the error never changes.

I have had this error consistently for over three weeks now, and through different routers. Please help me! Or I'll probably die of magic withdrawal...
To anyone that knows the XKCD comic:

WHO ARE YOU!? WHAT DID YOU SEE!?

Anyways, I'm having this error right now. Same OS, etc etc etc. Just started happening one day.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's been 3 weeks, is it safe to assume that you have rebooted your computer in that time? These errors do happen for no apparent reason occasionally, and you usually have to reboot before the program will work properly. I would suggest asking for help on the mtgbr.com forums, as they have more technical info on the program.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1