Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card 109 Judged

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 5:41 am    Post subject: Create a Card 109 Judged Reply with quote

Its gonna be a bit fast, don't have much time Sad

huntergatsby wrote:
Apple of Eden 3

Artifact-R

When ever you play a card, Scry 2.

Spells you cast cost 1 more.

"Few have felt the power of the apple. Even fewer have survived it!" Xainas, Hand of Fate.

Original idea, but still the drawback seems too much. Of course its gonna rock with miracles (at least the ones you haven't started with)
9/10
-------------------------------------

pg8 wrote:
Ethereal Tutor 3U (Rare)
Instant
Search your library for an instant or sorcery card and reveal that card. Shuffle your library, then put the card on top of it.
Miracle U

Without miracle its a worse diabolic tutor, although I could see it cost 3. Also, why rare? These effects can be seen in uncommon just as easy.
8/10

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Miraculous Predators 1GG

Enchantment - Rare

Creature cards not in your hand have Miracle X, where X is the colored mana symbols in its casting cost.

Lets suppose the "as you draw this card" miracle clause won't contradict with your wording (not sure if you can count the card being in your hand, but anyway). Cool idea although this thing can bring any eldrazi into play with 0 (cast it even). So yeah, I'm gonna go with: broken Smile
8/10

Duodax wrote:
Miraculous Insight 2UU

Instant UC

Look at the top four cards of your library. Put two of them into your hand and the rest on top or bottom of your library in any order.

Miracle U

Its like Amass the Components, but it draws one less and an extra blue for being instant + miracle. It seems balanced, although I expected something more original.
8.5/10
--------------------------------------

sc4rs wrote:
Phoenix's Rebirth
RW
Instant
Miracle - If you would lose the game, you may exile this card from your hand. If you do, cast this spell without paying its mana cost first.
Gain 6 life. You may remove up to 3 poison counters from any number of players.
Life is what you make of it.

I know that technically this doesn't work rules-as-written, but I'm sure Wizards would have tweaked the rule if this is what they made Miracles do.

Obviously this is a different take on "Miracles," rather than the existing mechanic.

I'm not looking for new Miracle mechanics, just a new implementation of the existing one. Sorry...
-/10
-----------------------------------------

MassO wrote:
Mysterious Snake 2GU (Rare)

Creature - Snake

Flash, Deathtouch

When Mysterious Snake enters the battlefield, search your library for
a instant or sorcery card, then shuffle your library and put that card
on top of it.

2/3

"Why is there M**F** Snakes on this M**F** Plane?" - SammyJ

Why isn't there any black planeswalkers? It would make it easier to quote things! Also, the Plane is kinda a play on words....Innistrad plane vs a real plane...thought I would explain.

I think the card is quite powerful, maybe without deathtouch or with higher mana cost it would be printable. Also, I want the cards I judge to be made as possible to print, so even if its a smart and funny quote, I don't think its gonna be printed as it is Smile
8/10

strid3r wrote:
Magnificent Power 4U Rare

Enchantment

You may cast spells with Miracle ability for its Miracle cost.

"It is possible to win anything with enough luck"

I was expecting a card like this, and as i can see a few have tried with this idea. Its balanced allright, maybe underpowered a bit, but I don't get the flavor of the card, since with this on play the only think you don't need is luck (Its made to counter the randomness of miracles i mean)
8/10

Jacois wrote:
Herald of Avacyn 1W
Creature - Human Wizard
When ~ enters the battlefield, search your library for a card with Miracle and reveal it. Shuffle your library and put it on top of your deck third from the top.
"Avacyns return is upon us! Look to the skies on the 3rd day and believe!"
2/1

SImple and smart, I like it Smile . Rarity?
9/10
------------------------------------------

Canabiest wrote:
Orzhov Tithe
4B
Sorcery
Uncommon

Target player puts two cards from his or her hand on top of his or her library.

Miracle 1B

"The gods don't work for free."

Yes you can disrupt your opponent or help yourself, but I would prefer it if it did both, for less mana. It's ok though, good job.
9/10
---------------------------------------------

squeekysheep wrote:
hope

W1
R

Sorcery

Reveal the top two cards of your library for each miracle card in your graveyard. you may choose a card with miracle from among them then shuffle you library and put it on top.

faith brings hope, luck brings victory, a little help can not hurt.

So if you don't topdeck a miracle this card will be dead for how long? And again, why rare? It doesn't seem that special. Nice flavor though
8.5/10

pseudodespot wrote:
Box of Luck {3}

Artifact (rare)

~ enters the battlefield with four luck counters on it.

Non-land cards you own have Miracle X where X is their mana cost reduced by {1} for each luck counter on ~.

Whenever you cast a spell for its miracle cost, remove a luck counter from ~.

This is your lucky day, dear costumer. This offer would have expired by noon. --- Common slang at the bazaar of baghdad.

So for 4 mana you save up to 10. This is a lucky day indeed Smile. Maybe legendary would be better to avoid awkward situations? Still, nice balanced card and nice flavor.
9.5/10
---------------------------------------------------

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Rotlot Seer UB

Creature - Zombie Wizard (Rare)

Flash

When Rotlot Seer enters the battlefield, look at target player's hand. You may choose a nonland card from it. If you do, that player reveals the chosen card, and puts it on top of his or her library.

2/2

"Faith and hope are false, there are no miracles." - Liliana of the Veil.

Now that's a great card. 2/2 for 2 mana and delays opponent or prepares a miracle. Nice!
9.5/10
--------------------------------------------

Gademis wrote:
Failsafe UU1

Instant - U

Counter target spell.

If a miracle cost was paid for target spell, you may play Failsafe without paying its mana cost.

"When you plan to win always have a plan B"

A strictly better counterspell, cool design and nice flavor text.
9.5/10

Stucco wrote:
Parliament of Owls.......................1UU
Creature - Bird..............................U

Flying

When Parliament of Owls enters the battlefield, look at the top three cards of your library. Put one of those cards into your hand, and the rest back on top of your library in any order.

"Much as the owls' eyes pierce the darkness, so will the blue mage's eyes pierce your inner-most thoughts."
-Niv-Mizzet about Jace

2/2

Haha I guess we needed that clarification for the name, I admit I didn't know how do you call a group of owls Smile . 3 mana 2/2 flyer + ponder, sure why not Smile.
9/10

CMA-Flippi wrote:
Oracle il-Dal - 1UB
Creature - Human Wizard
Players play with the top card of their library revealed.
3UB: Shuffle target player's library.
1/1

Always in motion the future is.

Hi there Yoda Smile . Isn't it a bit too overcosted/fragile to be of any use? Maybe a cheaper shuffle would make it more playable, or hexproof? Also I don't get the black mana... and rarity?
8/10
----------------------------------------------------

LuckyDucky wrote:
4 - Miracle Jar

Artifact - Rare

If you would cast a card for its miracle cost, you may instead exile that card and place a miracle counter on it.

Each turn, place a miracle counter on cards exiled with Miracle Jar.

You may play cards exiled with Miracle Jar for their miracle cost plus 1 for each miracle counter.

Now that's what i was expecting to find when I created that round. Lets you play miracle cards whenever you want, for a logical drawback (although the "each turn" could be worder better, in general wording isn't perfect).
9.5/10
---------------------------------------------------------

khara wrote:
arkhan seekers 2WW
creature - human shaman(m)

Whenever you play a card for its miracle cost, you may put 4 loyalty counter on cardname then transform it.

miracle WW - if you played this for its miracel cost, it enters the battlefield transformed and put 2 loyalty counter on it.

3/3

"they offered cattles, whores and prayers were answered that day, but in a most peculiar way."

///////////////

ark-haniva, caller of luck

planeswalker - ark-haniva
*blue card template*

+1 : look at the top 2 cards of target player's library. reveal and put them back in any order.

-2 : the first card that you will draw on your next draw step has miracle, where miracle cost 3 less from it converted mana cost.

-6 : target player gains an emblem "spells you cast cost 3 more to play"

loyalty *

Interesting... I guess you need the +1 before you do the -2, to avoid topdecking a land Smile . It reminds me of Mindsculptors +2, dunno how broken in general this card may become, I guess it doesn't flip that easy at least.
9.5/10
--------------------------------------------------

skizzik0503 wrote:
Back to the past - 6UUUU (M)

Sorcery

Mircale - Exile your hand
Each player shuffles his or her hand, graveyard, and permanents he or she owns into his or her library, then draws seven cards. Each player's life total becomes 11. Back to the past can't be counterd if the mircale cost was paid. Exile Back to the past.

Why is it so expensive? No miralce = fail ? This is one of the reasons I hate this mechanic, and you push it even harder (by making uncounterable only the miracle part for example). All in all, not impressed.
8/10
------------------------------------------------

GunsAndDope wrote:
Leyline of Faith | (No Mana Cost, White)
Enchantment - Mystic Rare

If Leyline of Faith is in your opening hand, you may put it into play.

You may play spells for their miracle cost.

"The size of a mustard seed? Obviously your Jesus has never seen what Urza can do with just apathy."
- Mithra, debating Billy Graham

So... what if its not in your opening hand? How do you cast it? Also, why this Leyline is mythic? The flavor text is fun, but again I don't see something like that printed Smile.
8/10
----------------------------------------------------------------------

ck3gds wrote:
Vampiric Pact X1B

Enchantment (rare)

Vampiric Pact enters the battlefield with X blood counters on it.

At the beginning of your upkeep, if Vampiric Pact has at least one blood counter on it, you may pay an amount of life equal to the number of blood counters on it. If you do, remove a blood counter from it, then search your library for a card, shuffle your library and put that card on top of it.

"Don't worry about the pain for now. After a while, you'll be drunk with power."

Edit #1: Added in rarity

Too complex + too powerful for a tutor. Totally broken with a couple of miracles Smile .
8.5/10
--------------------------------------------------

ikazuchi wrote:
Warden's Edict 1W
Instant (Uncommon)

Choose one — Counter target spell if it was cast for its alternative cost; or put target permanent on bottom of its owner's library if it was put onto the battlefield this turn from library or graveyard.

“I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating”
—Gideon

Great card, as soon as I saw it I knew it would win this round Smile . Stops miracles/fow/reanimators/polymorphs etc, and each of them is fairly considered a form of "cheating". So ++ for the flavor and flavor text aswell. GJ
10/10

kumagmd wrote:
Library Lore
G
Instant - Uncommon
Exile the top 4 cards of your library face up.
Pay 4 life: Until end of turn, you may play one those cards as if they were in your hand, and that card may be played as if its the first card drawn this turn.
"Alexandria may have crumbled to dust, but its legacy is not forgotten."

Cool idea, although the "as if its the first card drawn this turn" is kinda clumpsy and too narrow, you might as well say, play for its miracle cost, I don't know. Other than that, it could see a lot of play, lots of card advantage.
9/10
-----------------------------------------------------

DoomBr1nger wrote:
Glorious Faith | 1WWW

Enchantment (R)

Spells you cast with Miracle cost 2 less to cast while not casting for the Miracle ability.

Whenever you cast a spell with Miracle, creatures you control get +2/+2 until end of turn.

Avacyn provides.

Nice flavor on the +2/+2, giving a boost of faith in your troops, although it will usually be irrelevant with topdecked miracles at least. Lots of white though, will you be able to make a multicolored miracle deck with so much commitment to white?
9/10
------------------------------------------------

niteshade wrote:
Griselbrand's Sheild | 3

Artifact R

Whenever a spell with miracle is played, counter it. Gain life equal to countered spell's converted miracle cost.

Avacyn, I challenge you!!!!- Griselbrand from atop the Helvault

I was expecting a shield to be an equipment at least. And i don't feel comfortable with a demon's shield giving me life.
8.5/10

NearSideMoon wrote:
The Church of Black and Blasphemy

Legendary Enchantment - BBBBBB

You may choose to have spells you cast cost 4 less to cast, or BBB less to cast.

Your opponent may cast miracle spells from his/her hand for their miracle costs.

"Let this mass for our Lord Griselbrand show them how worthless a miracle truly is."

Wow, thats a powerful card, and usually without a drawback. We gotta be careful with effects like this... Its cost kinda makes up for it, but still there are so many ways to cheat one of those in play its not even funny Smile
9/10
---------------------------------------------------------

And the winner is, Ikazuchi! Gj
Runner up: Khara
MassO

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, if i cant win with that card, I just can't win.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GunsAndDope wrote:
Leyline of Faith | (No Mana Cost, White)
Enchantment - Mystic Rare

If Leyline of Faith is in your opening hand, you may put it into play.

You may play spells for their miracle cost.

"The size of a mustard seed? Obviously your Jesus has never seen what Urza can do with just apathy."
- Mithra, debating Billy Graham

So... what if its not in your opening hand? How do you cast it? Also, why this Leyline is mythic? The flavor text is fun, but again I don't see something like that printed Smile.
8/10

------------------------------------------------------------

Cause you gotta have faith.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1