Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

5 Color Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
Grizzly440

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: 5 Color Control Reply with quote

I am deciding to build a 5 color deck that is minimal creatures and more control or tempo. I am looking for the best possible land combination. So i am picking brains. can someone help me come up with the best land base possible for a 5 color modern deck? thnx. Oh and i don't need to hear how stupid my idea is or any of that. i just want to see good solid ideas. Please and thanks.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the mana base is obviously going to depend on what cards you are playing in the deck. What colours do you need early, what colours are you heavy in, what colour do you not care if you do not draw until turn 6-7 etc can not be determined with out an actual deck.
Grizzly440

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i definitely want removal and counters early. late game i want to drop fatties. my creature base is only going to be about 6-8. efficient monsters not half assed. lets start there.
squeekysheep

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would run reflecting pool with some vivid lands. maybe black and blue vivid. reflectingpool and then one of each duelland tied to blue with scalding tarnished and misty for sac lands. you are going to get hose by land destruction make sure you work in a few basics and run some land recursion. you can run life of loom and some of the cards that you can play from the yard by discarding land.
Grizzly440

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about the land d thing. as far as recursion i thought about running a few life from the loam. so for starts we got reflecting pool. so
4x reflecting pool

how about shimmering grotto?
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gemstone Mine, I guess. Just watch out for Blood Moons.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fact, before you build your mana base, I'd go ahead and pick out what cards you want to run. Maybe you can cut a 5th color, or at least find what colors your deepest in.
Halldir

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my thoughts went same way already... some kind of vivid/reflection pool control with cruel ultimatum etc etc... kinda some way as old planeswalkers/cruel cont.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1