Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

need help with monoblue mill...

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a deck on mwsplay that used fog and clinging mist to stay alive. it used otherworld atlas, rite of flourishing, and Jace to mill.
MassO

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tamiyo's emblem with Tome Scour is gravy

Play it in a UWb shell with DoJ, BSZ, Lingering Souls, Think Twice, Forbidden Alchemy, Ob ring, Liliana, ect with spot removal

Timely in board with batterskull

Something like that.

By the time you get Tamiyo's emblem you will be at around 8 mana with at least 5 blue land.....that is 25 cards milled with 5 land.

Temporal Mastery is just great in this type of deck, if you happen to top deck it early, then it gets you ahead early, late game of the top allows you to either get the combo set up or combo out for 2 turns and win.

I know this is casual, so maybe alittle expensive, so in that case 3 of each Jace and Tamiyo with 3 Tome scour seems right.
Astarael

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with mill decks is that in order to be effective you pretty much can't run non-mill stuff (control, aggro etc) otherwise it just runs far too slow.

I experimented and built a Modern UB Mill which I'll post below (seeing as you run the darkslick shores perhaps you'd be willing to add some black?).

For mono blue there's still certain cards which are a must imo:

Archive Trap
Hedron Crab
Tome Scour

Onto the Modern UB Mill decklist I've settled with for now:

==LAND==
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Darkslick Shores
4 Watery Grave
4 Drowned Catacomb
2 Island

==CREATURES==
4 Hedron Crab

==MILL==
4 Archive Trap
4 Glimpse the Unthinkable
4 Haunting Echoes
4 Memory Sluice
4 Mind Funeral
4 Mind Sculpt
4 Tome Scour

==CONTROL==
4 Dismember
2 Mana Leak

Hope that gives you some ideas!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1