Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Blue Green Deck

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
huntergatsby

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

score some rafiqs and make it bant... shore crash mimic kills in that deck
huntergatsby

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

favor of the overbeing is good if you wanna make it fast..it makes all ug creatures +2+2 flying vigilance...so i'd say turn 3 swinging with a 7/5 trample flying vigilance is good..and if you went bant and dropped rafiq on turn four you would then swing with a 8/6 flying doublestrike trample vigilance...which wins you the game most times Smile
styx^

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you honestly ask how to make a deck competitive while u apparently have 0 clue what competitive means? either stick to playing casually or read some articles on metagame, tournament level play and stuff...
pg8

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

styx^ wrote:
you honestly ask how to make a deck competitive while u apparently have 0 clue what competitive means? either stick to playing casually or read some articles on metagame, tournament level play and stuff...

It's the Casual Deck forum, give him a break. Plus, there are like 12 cards in there that are Constructed playable, plus lands. So ha.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linkisahero wrote:
styx^ wrote:

Why would you say this?

You must be new to the internet:P
GreenBear

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of your cards are not type II legal, meaning you would have to play them in modern, which is quite a powerful format where degenerate combos are possible, this deck can really do nothing about and generally the power level of the cards involved to be competitive in modern is much higher than what you have here.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try remand or coatl as you said, certainly does not need 4 acidic slime, unless your friends meta is slightly peculiar.
Halldir

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mby add evoling wilds or smth like this to clean your library out of lands...
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Needs more Noble Hierarch
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the enchantment and the draw sorcery are not needed, they're overkill. they cost way too much mana to be effective, as by the time you will be able to cast them effectively you should have the game dominated or lost.
It needs 4x noble hierarch, and maybe do 2x birds. Cut it to 60 cards. Take a look at Mystic Snake (1guu, 2/2 flash counter target spell), i think it's a must in this kind of deck. Grab some equipment, the one you like the most (as this is just for fun, you don't necessarily need to use swords, although they're really useful, feast and famine specially for this deck), as you will probably end up beating your opp with your evasion or trample creatures. I'd go with darksteel axe or with rancor, both are almost indestructible.
Maybe some unsummoning effect is better than snakeform (repulse or repeal are cantrips too).
If looking for counterspells, remand gives you tempo and card advantadge (in case you don't know the concept of tempo, it is the main aspect of this deck: racing out your opponent by both speeding you up and slowing your opp). Memory lapse goes in the same direction, although it is not a cantrip.
To make everything go smoothly, take a look at your manabase and add some fetchlands if you can/want to afford them.
To fit everything you want to have in just 60 cards, cut some of the fatties and acidic slime. (just add it to the sideboard).

Here's a little example of how it could look (testing will tell you which changes are needed):

Lands:

x4 Misty Rainforest
x8 island
x8 forest
x4 Hinterland Harbor

Creatures:

x4 Shorecrasher Mimic
x3 Nulltread Gargantuan
x4 Noble Hierarch
x2 Mystic Snake
x2 Murkfiend Liege
x4 Gaes Skyfolk
x4 Coiling Oracle
x3 Lorescale Coatl

Artifacts:

x2 Equipment (sword, darksteel axe, bonesplitter, rancor (*)...)

Spells:

x4 Remand
x4 Repeal / Repulse

The enchantment can be kept in sb in case you face decks with wrath effects, as it let's you save creatures as you have 3 bodies for the price of 1 to keep on hitting until next wrath. The drawing sorcery is not needed at all with all those cantrips (enough card advantage for a tempo aggro deck). Some artifact-enchantment hate, maybe some more counters and bounce, different swords (or equipment), thrun, great sable stag... all of this could go in your SB, depending on what you are facing.

Hope this helps a little.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

linkisahero wrote:
judas_bcn wrote:

Hope this helps a little.

Are you shi**ing me? This was an enormous help. I really like the idea of adding rancor to this. Its a beast. I'm a bit surprised you only put 2 lieges into your example. Is it because he costs 5? One thing I'm still worried about is protecting my creatures. My friends and I play with a lot of creature control. The snake and the remand are nice, but I dont think it will be enough to save my big creatures. Regardless, thanks for the advice.

hehe, thanks. the 2 lieges was in fact because of the casting cost, and because with the add of rancor, you will mostly be killing your opp with an enchanted flying creature or with trample creatures, which are already big bodies, so pumping your critters is not of an extreme necessity. But this was just an idea, you should test it against your friends because you have your own metagame, and then you will be able to decide whether you need more or it's ok with 2. to protect your creatures in a casual meta like this you could look at the totem auras, or change rancor for an equipment that gives shroud or hexproof, even apostle blessing or vines of vinegaard or something like that. swords are useful too, although a little bit slow and really expensive, but they give you 3 effects: +2+2, protection and some nasty triggered effect. also a SB with creatures such as thrun or great sable stag or other creatures with protection could help too (if you side some of this in, take the 5/6 transforming creatures out as it will lack of fuel to transform).
on the other hand, your goal should be hitting hard, so repulse should be used not on your own creatures but on your opps to clear the board and attack (although it gives you the chance to ocasionally save a creature of your own). try adding some more mystic snakes, and save remand for your opps removal or blockers. also, make oracle and snake your gargantuan targets, and play it wisely: if you're going to play repulse and gargantuan on the same turn, play the creature first and then the repulse if you want your creatures back inmediatly, or the other way if you need to dig into your library.
anyway, have fun playing magic as this is what everything's about (and just don't listen to some of those "home pros" you will find on the web. internet is full of people with no life whose happiness depends on magic and on showing people how good they are (in theory) and how bad others are).
c'ya, good luck!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2