Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2HG and Ghostly Prison

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: 2HG and Ghostly Prison Reply with quote

How Ghostly Prison work into a 2hg game?

if i attack the head without Ghostly Prison, must i pay 2?

and what if he has Teferi's Moat?
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For ghostly prison, you can't attack the player with it (unless you pay 2 per creature), but you can attack the player without it, even without paying 2 per creature.
Tritemio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah ha hummm may be, but i waiting for a judge answer
LuckyDucky

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritemio wrote:
ah ha hummm may be, but i waiting for a judge answer

Good choice... did a little research...

Quote:
Q: Can my opponents just attack my teammate to get around my Ghostly Prison?

A: No. A restriction preventing attacking either player also applies to attacking the team. Note also that you attack the defending team, not an individual player. It's only when you get to the Combat Damage Step, where unblocked attacking creatures assign their damage to one of the two players.

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=judge/article/20050907b

Quote:
810.7c As the declare attackers step begins, the active team declares attackers. If an effect of an object controlled by a defending player prohibits a creature from attacking him or her, that creature can't attack the defending team. The active team has one combined attack, and that set of attacking creatures must be legal as a whole. See rule 508.1.
Example: One player in a Two-Headed Giant game controls Teferi's Moat, which says "As Teferi's Moat enters the battlefield, choose a color." and "Creatures of the chosen color without flying can't attack you." Creatures of the chosen color without flying can't attack that player's team.

810.7f As the combat damage step begins, the active team announces how each attacking creature will assign its combat damage. If an attacking creature would assign combat damage to the defending team, the active team chooses only one of the defending players for that creature to assign its combat damage to. Then the defending team announces how each blocking creature will assign its combat damage. See rule 510.1.

The reason I gave the answer I did is because usually when a card says you, it only applies to you and not your team. It looks to me that here, the rules override the card. You attack the team, not individual players, and so you are attacking the player with the prison.
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the ruling itself makes sense if you think about it. its called two headed giant for a reason. its two heads and one body.
Tritemio

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
The trick is to attack the head and not the body.

is a joke?

An other question

What happend if i play Time Warp? i play an extra turn, and my teammate?
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritemio wrote:
magicman85 wrote:
The trick is to attack the head and not the body.

is a joke?

An other question

What happend if i play Time Warp? i play an extra turn, and my teammate?

805.8. If an effect gives a player an extra turn or adds a phase or step to that player's turn, that player's team takes the extra turn, phase, or step. If an effect causes a player to skip a step, phase, or turn, that player's team does so. If a single effect causes more than one player on the same team to add or skip the same step, phase, or turn, that team adds or skips only that step, phase, or turn. If an effect causes a player to control another player, the controller of that effect controls the affected player's team.
Tritemio

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
805.8. If an effect gives a player an extra turn or adds a phase or step to that player's turn, that player's team takes the extra turn, phase, or step. If an effect causes a player to skip a step, phase, or turn, that player's team does so. If a single effect causes more than one player on the same team to add or skip the same step, phase, or turn, that team adds or skips only that step, phase, or turn. If an effect causes a player to control another player, the controller of that effect controls the affected player's team.

Good , so if i play Fatigue both head skip the draw?

is the same with Plagiarize?
Clariax
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritemio wrote:
Good , so if i play Fatigue both head skip the draw?

Fatigue causes the player to skip a step, so the entire team skips that step.

Quote:

is the same with Plagiarize?

Plagiarize doesn't cause a phase or step to be skipped. It replaces the player drawing cards. This only affects the targeted player, not his/her teammate.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1