Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CaC 104

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
BlackPen

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:01 pm    Post subject: CaC 104 Reply with quote

Kamigawa block was one of my favorite blocks, but it had some issues. Three of the big mechanics, flip cards, splice into the arcana, and soulshift, were clunky and didn't work well with other sets. Create a card that would fit into kamigawa block to replace the cards with these three mechanics. Make sure the card is flavorful and makes for fun matches.

I'll grade based on flavor, competitive play(could be for constructed, limited or both), and casual appeal. If you design a cool flavorful card it does not need to be relevant in competitive magic.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark of the Goryo
2B
Arcane Enchantment - Aura - Rare
Enchant Spirit
Arcane spells you cast have "Return target Spirit from your graveyard to the battlefield."
"Wherever the cursed Goryo appeared, all the kami the humans had slain rose again. The humans had no choice but to flee." —Great Battles of Kamigawa

Tallowisp is my favorite card from Kamigawa block, so I wanted to work mechanics around it.

I envision a Kamigawa-y block with most, if not all, Arcane cards being Aura - Enchant Spirit, with or without flash instead of sorceries and instants. You'd have a nice flavor entwining between Spirits and Arcane spells.
Hendrix_21

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought Strategist - 2B

Socery - Arcane [R]

Name a equipment card. Search target player's graveyard, hand and library for any number of cards with that name and exile them. Then player shuffles his or her library.

Splice onto Arcane - 2B (As you play an arcane spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell.)
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always liked the idea of the flip cards; that the character had to undergo a certain task to become a hero of some description, but you are right; it was clunky.

Wakizashi Apprentice RR

Creature - Human Samurai (Uncommon)

Haste, Bushido 1

2RR, Exile Wakizashi Apprentice: Search your library for a card named "Saijiro, Wakizashi Flame" and put it onto the battlefield.

1/1

"When you are ready, it will be your own hand that frees your soul."

Saijiro, Wakizashi Flame 4RR

Legendary Creature - Spirit Samurai (Rare)

Flying, double strike, haste, Bushido 2

When Saijiro, Wakizashi Flame enters the battlefield, it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

2/2

Saijiro's wakizashi is the lightning above the Kami hordes.

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:52 am; edited 2 times in total
axman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Umezawa's Trainee W
Creature -- Samurai (Mythic Rare)
Trainee 6 (If this card has 6 or more experience counters on it, transform it)
Firststike, Vigilance
During your upkeep you may pay WWW. If you do, put an experience counter on Umezawa's Trainee.
Whenever Umezawa's Trainee attacks or blocks, put 2 experience counters on it.
1/1

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Umezawa's Samurai, Hand of Justice
Creature -- Legendary Samurai (Mythic Rare)
Doublestrike, Vigilance
Remove 6 experience counters from Umezawa's Samurai, Hand of Justice: Umezawa's Samurai, Hand of Justice gains protection from the color of your choice until end of turn.
4/4
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hokiko no Hana G

Creature - Spirit (uncommon)

T: Add two mana of any one color to your mana pool. Spend this mana only to cast spirit or arcane spells.

0/1

This Flower smells on you.
Canabiest

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kuchisake-Onna
1B
Creature - Spirit
Uncommon

Kuchisake-Onna enters the battlefield with a mask counter on it.
Remove a mask counter from Kuchisake-onna: Kuchisake-Onna gains deathtouch until end of turn.
When Kuchisake-Onna dies, if it has a mask counter on it, return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.
1/1
"Am I beautiful?"

The art will show a spirit woman in the style of other Onnas lifting a mask to reveal a face horribly disfigured by cuts. The spirit things swirling around her are blades.
Based on a japanese urban legend. And obviously a take on Soulshift replacement.
GunsAndDope

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Planar Shift | 2
Artifact - Rare

Instants and sorceries are arcane spells in addition to their other types.

Spellseek (Discard another card named Planar Shift and search your library for an instant or sorcery spell with converted mana cost of 2 or less)

"Many things Sun-Tzu taught us, like the importance of a home-field advantage"
- Brothers Yamazaki
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gift from the Gods
Enchantment--Uncommon
~ is white.
This permanent enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter on it.
Splice onto Creature 1W (As you cast a creature spell, you may reveal this card from your hand and pay its splice cost. If you do, add this card's effects to that spell's rules text.)
weygander

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reito Massacre 3BBB
Sorcery-Arcane
Rare

Remove all non-spirit creatures from the game. For each creature removed this way, that creature's controller puts a 1/1 white spirit token with flying into play.

I was always curious about this event that was described in a number of flavor texts, so I figured why not turn it into card? It might be a bit strong in certain situations, but it's weak in others, while also potential being an important card for a constructed spirit deck (G/B, accel and some good black spirits). The main reason it's black is for flavor purposes- the Reito Massacre was clearly a "black" event and even though mechanically the card is slightly more white mass removal is still in black's color pie. No flavor text because there are already several describing the event and I feel that wrath effects are most evocative when they have nothing other than rules text.
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Akina, Fallen Samurai
Legendary Creature - Samurai Spirit
1WB
First strike, Seppuku 2 (Whenever this creature is blocked by a creature, that creature deals 2 damage to itself.)
Whenever Akina, Fallen Samurai deals damage to a player or planeswalker, you may reveal an arcane spell from your hand and put a copy of that spell onto the stack.

2/3

I think she's cute.
Btw. Seppuku is ritual suicide.
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unyielding Torment (1GB)

Enchantment (Rare)

Non-Legendary Creatures get -1/-1.

Spirit and Arcane spells cost 1 more to play.

"There is no need to rush to our deaths. Let the enemy kill themselves
then we cleanse the battlefield." -Dosan, the Falling Leaf to General
Takeno
NearSideMoon

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yajiko, Paradise of Fallen Heroes

Legendary Land

Legendary Creatures cast from your hand enter the battlefield with a 'Legend Counter'

Tap; add 1 to your mana pool

Tap, discard a Spirit or Arcane card, remove a Legend Counter from a creature you control; add X to your mana pool, where X is the converted mana cost of target Legendary creature you control (colored mana symbols in its mana cost yield colored mana.) You may cast Legendary Spirit Creatures from your graveyard using only this mana.

"Heroes rise, fall, and are swept away by time. But Legends, legends live forever."
huntergatsby

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taiwal, the Sludgelord 3BB

Legendary Creature-Demon

Flying

Spells with the same name as spells in the graveyard can not be cast

At the beginning of each upkeep, reveal the top card of your library, and each player puts cards into their graveyard equal to that card's converted mana cost.

4/4

"He is said to bring famine where ever his feet touch"
zebo_88

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think major issue with splice was you couldn't hold cards in hand until you took advantage of them with splice. Maybe with this card i'm explaining better what i mean

Kami of Silent Whispers 1UB
Creature - Spirit (U)
Whenever you cast an Arcane spell, you may pay X life. If you do, search your library for an Arcane instant or sorcery card with converted mana cost X and exile it. Shuffle your library afterwards.
You may Splice onto Arcane cards exiled with Kami of Silent Whispers as though they were in your hand.
2/2

I'm not really sure you can splice a card onto the first arcane you play because i don't know if you still get the chance after triggering the kami's mechanic. However, i hope you like my try! Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2