Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MWS Apprentice Like filter issue

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you have a much more serious problem if the complex filter causes a problem. I've never seen anything crash Workstation. It's possible that you simply don't have enough RAM to run the program properly.

A reinstall is obviously important, and you may want to try the option to run as if it were an older operating system (for example, on Windows Vista, you could run it as if you had Windows XP).

What operating system are you using and how old is your computer?
DarklordDrex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KainiusTG28 wrote:
Windows 7...I think the complex card filter issue is my own fault (it doesn't crash my MWS, just screws up my main filter). I tried a reinstall already, but to no avail. I don't know what to do...if I go under File and load the base and it screws up my main filter (i.e.- i type in thoughtseize and it'll bring up Fairy Macabre). Is there any way to just default the entire program?

Edit: I just noticed it won't let me open decks in the Deck Editor either...

It is warned against installing to any directory that doesn't have full read/write privelages. This is what "/Program Files" is defaulted to on Win7. Try reinstall to. for example, C:/MWS or C:/Magic Workstation. It doesn't matter what drive it's on, just that you have full read/write permissions. If the problem persists, it may be the version of download you're running. If so, try using one from another site. There is a site called "mtgbr" where an EasyInstallation is found, else the Magic Workstation site itself.

I personally construct decks in the latter, and use the former to play.

Edit: I forgot to mention why the simple filter shows 0 results. Unless you query something in the drop down box filters, such as format, it will show 0 results. Try selecting the format you wish to search in the drop down box, and then try. I noticed this problem recently myself.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1