Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Needed: Regular Article Writers

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject: Needed: Regular Article Writers Reply with quote

Hello all!
I would like to alert you all to our hopeful revival of having regular writers here in coverage.
We are looking for writers of all kinds! If you feel you can contribute to your fellow players with your knowledge in a particular format or in thoery and deckbuilding, please let us know!
We would like writers who can provide a regular writing schedule, be it weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly. We expect that your writing skills are proficient and that your content be enjoyable and educating.
If you feel that you are able to provide, please email Weedmonkey at weedmonkey@magic-league.com.
We appreciate your time and interest!
Mitchmachine

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would love to, but i think my english ain't good enough for the job
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to clarify some things:

• As the gatekeeper for articles, I'm not expecting everyone to have mastery of the English language. As long as you can write a sentence that makes sense, I'm more than happy to work with you and help develop writing skills aimed at publishing Smile
  • Similarly, I'm not expecting every article submitted to me for publishing to be of Mark Rosewater quality. The key for articles is that they're a way to communicate ideas and start discussions, and we aren't expecting people to be experts in either Magic or writing. We'll be there helping you along the way Smile
  • For people who want to write articles in languages other than English, let me know via email or on IRC and we'll figure out a plan. Ideally, my goal would be to have your article published in your language as well as English.

The key is to have a go - if you're interested, let us know!
Ffancrzy
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a long time now I have been looking to possibly do one of 2 things.

1 start an video article series, one that uses MWS as the medium. This has been shot down because of the C&D

2 Start a Magic-League Podcast with Roo and anyone else who was interested, but time constraints have shot this down.

Is there any way to possibly get either of these to happen?
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ffanczy: I believe that the first one will ever really be possible with the C&D unless one of our lovely staff figure something out. The second though is highly possible. There is a magic podcast already being done by league members, but it isn't "league official" yet (don't know if it ever will be) and I could see having another (one that is based on JUST Magic-League itself maybe).
Mitchmachine

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think people lost hope for the articles, since the master coverage is terrible lately Sad
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you can't cover a master when no one helps! I know from experience that trying to run coverage, write articles in a timely fashion, edit them, and post them all alone (or with maybe one other person) is far too difficult. The fact that we have no one volunteering makes it not only difficult for us to provide, but also leads to no coverage at times. I also judge IRL and can't always be here for every master, so I always look for people who are responsible and would like to take over for the day. I never really get responses on it.
Basically, we need volunteers. Without them, we cannot provide much. I recall once writing about 12 articles or more on my own for a master. It is very tiring work to write so much in a single day in a limited time period. Whenever a round is paired, people demand to hear about a feature (which if I am writing, I might miss announcing it).
Coverage isn't a one man job. Every little bit of help we can get, we are most gracious to recieve! Using the reasoning "people lost hope because master coverage isn't happening" is basically saying to me that people want, but won't help give.
This is everyone's chance to do something about this all! If we can manage more writers, we can have more articles and coverage. The more writers we have, the more options we have (thus allowing writers to play masters if we have an extensive amount and don't need so many).
Many, many people come into #coverage during the master. They will either say "I will help after" and then don't or they have no intent to help at all and just idle. It takes maybe a round at most to write a feature or to gather a few interviews! I know that with just 3-4 others, I can get ample coverage going! It just is up to everyone else to decide if they want to help.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournament Coverage All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1