Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Undying rockish deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
struikje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

youre mana costs are way to awkard for it to be consistent. I'd drop white and the young wolf, it doesn't do much. Also I don't see what vampire hexmage adds to the table.

Also, if you are an aggro deck that plays green in modern, you should play tarmogoyf. Good black cards that seem missing is dark confidant and liliana o/t veil, bloodghast even.

Jinxed idol is just such a bad card, as is Blasting station. Your birds of paradise don't ramp you into good spells.

Just try the deck out before posting it, it seems way to clunky atm
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asumabob wrote:
This is not meant to be an aggro deck, the idea of the deck is that you can sacrifice your creatures in order to to various stuff: if you have jinxed idol or blasting station you sacrifice in order to deal damage for example. Hexmage can remove counters from a creature so that you can sacrifice them again. Yeah, bloodghast is good in this sense, thank you, I didn't thought of that.

Hexmage allowing you to sacrifice a creature again could be accomplished by just sacrificing the Hexmage, though? It doesn't actually accomplish anything, you might as well play something that creates multiple creature tokens or something to sacrifice instead.
Terri

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i would also just drop white and play all undying guys 4 of.and i would definitely add 4 twilight mire to your manabase.
Adderfist

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what happens if you give a creature with persist undying Razz
struikje

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you actually played with the deck? I mean you can't have a good record, even against mwsplay.net decks
styx^

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe play a Ranger of Eos package..

3 Ranger of Eos
4 Noble Hierarch
1 Hex Parasite
1 Figure of Destiny(because it's prolly always kinda good)
+x
SB: 1 Burrenton Forge-Tender

Something like that, might be good but i don't really know^^
DragonStar23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Same colors as one of my modern decks except Im running different spells, maybe try these for some ideas.

Doran the Siege Tower
Lingering souls
Bloodghnast
Crime//Punishment
Knight of the Relinquary
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

asumabob wrote:
sc4rs wrote:
asumabob wrote:
This is not meant to be an aggro deck, the idea of the deck is that you can sacrifice your creatures in order to to various stuff: if you have jinxed idol or blasting station you sacrifice in order to deal damage for example. Hexmage can remove counters from a creature so that you can sacrifice them again. Yeah, bloodghast is good in this sense, thank you, I didn't thought of that.

Hexmage allowing you to sacrifice a creature again could be accomplished by just sacrificing the Hexmage, though? It doesn't actually accomplish anything, you might as well play something that creates multiple creature tokens or something to sacrifice instead.

the point is that I want the creatures I sacrifice to come back on the board so I can reuse them as I prefer (attack, block, resacrifice). Hexmage is just a tool that allows undying creatures and kitchen finks to be used 4 times. I prefer hexmage to hex parasite, cos I don't want to spend mana to sacrifice creatures. Hexmage can be very useful against plainswalkers too.

I agree I don't need white.

It only lets you use your creatures 3 times, not 4. And it's bad, sorry. Even Medicine Runner would be better, at least it doesn't die to do what you want it to do.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1