Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wine and MWS

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
gamblnwad

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:57 am    Post subject: Wine and MWS Reply with quote

Ok so I just got a new macbook pro recently and then found out that MWS doesnt work for macs... booo!

Then I found a post about installing wine to run windows apps... yay!!!

So, after taking 20 decades to figure out how to get the thing to save my decks im now at the point where in mws online its saying "invalid file format" about the deck im trying to load.

SOOOO, I guess my question is either a) is .mwDeck the right format once the deck has been compiled because I cant remember off the top of my head... or.... b) if that is the right format how can i get wine to read it and work.

Thanks for any help.
Adieu
styx^

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes .mwDeck is the right fileformat, dunno how to help you tho, sorry Mad
Terri

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your deck doesent necessarily have the mwdeck file format when its called xxx.mwdeck. you have to first load it on mws and then just save it again then it automatically converts it into an mwdeck. i also tried to name my deck file xx.mwdeck but it said the same "invalid file format". if thats not the issue then im sorry i cant help you further.
spartacus72

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to run Linux and was able to Wine MWS no problem. I don't have a solution to your current problem, but Wine + MWS does/did work.
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you to be drunk to install a PC file on a Mac ? I knew it....

ok Arrow
khim
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

use wine 1.1.35
and winebottler

not sure it will fix the problem but it works for me
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1