Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New format idea.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: New format idea. Reply with quote

Mercadian Masques ---> Onslaught

No Core sets. Thoughts?
Gracco

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why just Onslight and no Legions and Scourge. If you are referring to Onslaugt block it does not make much difference. The card pool for this proposal is from 1 set to one block bigger than a T2 cardpool would be. I believe for a format to be worth it in terms of any adjusted grouping of older cards like the sets listed then there needs to be a slightly bigger card pool.
And Now for my Suggestion:
Making Over Extended or Extended Plus a more played format on ML would be nice though imo. They both have about the same card pool as Modern now does but they have less extensive bans allowing for a better meta, better feelings about it by players, and more deck possibilities. I think it would be awesome if ML just used the mtgoverextended site as a starting point and banned and unbanned as really needed in a manner as was done there.
Mitchmachine

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He ment blocks
JacobMatthew

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh, no love for Urza's block?
Lynolf

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either explain your rationale behind this, or no deal Confused
fr3dom07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: New format idea. Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
Mercadian Masques ---> Onslaught

No Core sets. Thoughts?

Why?
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the idea, but the format would need more sets. Urza's block should be added to the list of sets. Testing would ensue so there would be bannings and/or restrictions in place, though I don't think there would be much with such a small pool compared to other formats (except standard, of course). The idea has a lot of merit and I think I would enjoy a fresh format.
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mirrodin and up are in Modern. There are a LOT of MM to ON card that just aren't good enough for Legacy. I think Urza's Saga's power level is just too high and would make the format too degenerate.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1