Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

15 Card Highlander Standard - GWu TurboFog


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Author Message
MassO



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: 15 Card Highlander Standard - GWu TurboFog Reply with quote

Lands
3 [ISD] Plains (3)
2 [ISD] Island (1)
4 [ISD] Forest (2)

// Creatures
1 [M12] Sun Titan
1 [M12] Primeval Titan
1 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [NPH] Blade Splicer
1 [ISD] Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 [M12] Birds of Paradise

// Spells
1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
1 [M12] Rites of Flourishing
1 [M12] Oblivion Ring
1 [M12] Ponder
1 [M12] Rampant Growth
1 [M12] Timely Reinforcements
1 [M12] Day of Judgment
1 [M12] Fog
1 [ISD] Moonmist

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [NPH] Sword of War and Peace
SB: 1 [ISD] Moorland Haunt
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter

Ok, this takes out Kessig WR consistently but I don't have another deck in this format to compete against.

Any suggestions or thoughts.

Key to the deck is to stall, wrath then win or ramp then win.

Gain life is very valuable in this format so is DoJ.

I have Ghost Quarter in side for Kessig and Haunt for other countrol decks, SoWP is there to cover the other colors and works well in this format as well cus I hold alot of cards and opponents usually can't cast anything til late.

MVP of the deck is SoBM which will deck them in one turn, which unless they can get rid of my creature with what they have in hand, they die. It might actually be too powerful for this format though.
Back to top
warwizard87



Joined: 04 Oct 2006
Posts: 201

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the rules of this format??
Back to top
MassO



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

warwizard87 wrote:
what is the rules of this format??


http://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about16127.html

15 cards, only singles and as many basic lands as you want plus a 3 card sideboard.
Back to top
blitzer2k7



Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 412

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that your basic lands count towards your 15 total cards.
Back to top
MassO



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Keep in mind that your basic lands count towards your 15 total cards.


That is incorrect, only nonbasic land count against the 15.
Back to top
xJudicatorx



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
blitzer2k7 wrote:
Keep in mind that your basic lands count towards your 15 total cards.


That is incorrect, only nonbasic land count against the 15.

I think you misread something
Back to top
MassO



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did read the post wrong, and here is the corrected changes, It still works well, DoJ is too costly and the Titans had to go, added in Inkmonths and put the Obring in the board.

Lands
1 [ISD] Plains (3)
1 [ISD] Island (1)
2 [ISD] Forest (2)
1 [MBS] Inkmoth Nexus

// Creatures
1 [NPH] Blade Splicer
1 [ISD] Snapcaster Mage
1 [ISD] Avacyn's Pilgrim
1 [M12] Birds of Paradise

// Spells
1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
1 [M12] Ponder
1 [M12] Rampant Growth
1 [M12] Timely Reinforcements
1 [M12] Fog
1 [ISD] Moonmist

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [M12] Oblivion Ring
SB: 1 [NPH] Sword of War and Peace
SB: 1 [ISD] Ghost Quarter


Any suggestions on where there are actual decklist for this?
Back to top
xJudicatorx



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this does bring up the question.......why isn't SoBaM banned, since *everything else* that mills is banned?
Back to top
MassO



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
this does bring up the question.......why isn't SoBaM banned, since *everything else* that mills is banned?


I have been playing with this some games and it is very powerful, but you can't actually swing with it til later in the game, which only gets 2 to 4 of their cards, its not like Chancellor of the Spires where they get 7 right off the top then follow it up with a tomb first turn then a delver/noble for the win?

It isnt that broken.
Back to top
magicman85



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 555

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Broken format imo.
Back to top
MassO



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I just broke this format, and now I agree that the SoBM should be banned.

MonoBlack destroys this format. With only a few creatures to deal with and all but 1 plainswalker in mana range to be playable, this deck destroys the GWu deck and another WRG deck that I was testing.

I think liliana should be banned, I generally have played a despise, then a go for the throat or doom blade, then liliana to get the pharoh in the grave, then I land the Obliterator, then basically daring them to attack, if they do, I can either let them hit me, and pharoh takes their creatures or I block and all there permanents disappear.

Lands
6 [ISD] Swamp (3)

// Creatures
1 [M12] Vengeful Pharaoh
1 [M12] Reassembling Skeleton
1 [NPH] Phyrexian Obliterator

// Spells
1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
1 [MBS] Sphere of the Suns
1 [MBS] Go for the Throat
1 [M12] Doom Blade
1 [ISD] Liliana of the Veil
1 [NPH] Despise

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [MBS] Phyrexian Crusader
SB: 1 [MBS] Gruesome Encore
SB: 1 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb
Back to top
archmage521



Joined: 09 Apr 2010
Posts: 37

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: sword of body and mind Reply with quote

if you notice the banned list, only cards that mill that cost less than 3 converted mana cost are banned. sobam>2cmc therefore it isnt banned. keep in mind that your opponent will only have 4 cards left in their library when the sword first connects, in most cases.
Back to top
coolcreep



Joined: 18 Feb 2006
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
I think I just broke this format, and now I agree that the SoBM should be banned.

MonoBlack destroys this format. With only a few creatures to deal with and all but 1 plainswalker in mana range to be playable, this deck destroys the GWu deck and another WRG deck that I was testing.

I think liliana should be banned, I generally have played a despise, then a go for the throat or doom blade, then liliana to get the pharoh in the grave, then I land the Obliterator, then basically daring them to attack, if they do, I can either let them hit me, and pharoh takes their creatures or I block and all there permanents disappear.

Lands
6 [ISD] Swamp (3)

// Creatures
1 [M12] Vengeful Pharaoh
1 [M12] Reassembling Skeleton
1 [NPH] Phyrexian Obliterator

// Spells
1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
1 [MBS] Sphere of the Suns
1 [MBS] Go for the Throat
1 [M12] Doom Blade
1 [ISD] Liliana of the Veil
1 [NPH] Despise

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [MBS] Phyrexian Crusader
SB: 1 [MBS] Gruesome Encore
SB: 1 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb


Wo, you built a deck that beats two other decks that you built? Format broken.
Back to top
lucksick



Joined: 28 Apr 2009
Posts: 53

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolcreep wrote:
Wo, you built a deck that beats two other decks that you built? Format broken.


I lol'd.
Back to top
MassO



Joined: 10 Mar 2006
Posts: 260

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I said I think I broke the format, for one. With 15 cards, which includes land, get rid of 2 recurring creatures, 1 of which destroys your creatures once he is in the graveyard. A 5/5 on turn 3, that you must remove without damage in order to keep your permanents, all while having to dodge discard and permanent creature control. Let me not forget that SoBM that hits on turn 4 will get rid of the other 5 cards in your Library, and with those gone, Liliana will work on your hand.

You would somehow have to get rid of 2 recurring creatures, 1 planeswalker, an equipment, a manland and a creature that you have to remove without damage, all before turn 5.

The only card that could help you in this format, which it isn't legal in this format is Leyline of Sanctity.

I have an Idea: Post your deck that can compete with the monoblack deck, then we will debate.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy