Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW Humans (on a Bugdet)

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Champion of the Pariah is still pretty cheap. Also, you might try adding llanowar elves and Gavony Township
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you've got 4 Mayor of Avabruk maybe you should try R/G Werewolves and Moonmist. Your humans list looks pretty weak I don't think there is much you can do without the bigger/better humans.
numotflame96

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

suggections:
accorder paladin - omitted because of not triggering mentor. still nice with swams
Daybreak Ranger - its a rare but its cheap and kills insectile abomination and bop and with counter burn picking up, abominations are dangerous for a deck with 0 flyings. also becomes a 4/4
fiend hunter - removal on a stick. also a cheap uncommon
jade mage - massively underatted card that gives you a nice place to sink mana into later in the game and happens to also be a 2/1 human
mentor of the meek - its a rare but its only 3 dollars and makes human decks tick. idk why you wouldn't shell out for it if you want to play humans at all
sunpetal grove - smooths the mana base a bit although idk how much its needed. there like 1.50 though

drop:
mossoleum guard is usually subpar.
singleton kessig cage breakers does nothing.
stave off and silver dagger also don't do much in the grand scheme of the deck.
overrun - or put in 2 more so you actually draw it when you need it
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How does kessig cagebreaker do nothing! Chances are it wins the game in one swing if it connects in that deck, its good in conjuction with hero but crap with pws.
numotflame96

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

explaination as to why kessig cagebreakers does nothing:

a) firstly my statement was "singleton cagebreakers does nothing" it is a one of in the deck with no way to dig or tutor for it, therefore the odds of drawing, and further more, drawing it in a position when it will be useful (aka when you have a lots of stuff in your graveyard already)

b) it is a 3/4 green creature. aka, dies to dismember, victim of the night, dismember, doom blade, oblivion ring, DoJ, Morbid Volley...ect. on your turn or opponents turn. This is not the "dies to removal" argument its just a very vulnerable card considering it costs 5 mana and possibly gives no value at all. ooking at the effective finishers right now they all have some sort of impact of the game even if your opponent holds the removal spell. Primeval titan just fetched 2 lands, including at least one extra threat. sun titan brings back another creature, oblivion ring or at least another land. unless you're being hit with instant speed removal, consecrated sphinx draws 2 cards. wurmcoil engine and grave titan leave friends if/even if they are killed. all of these also dodge dismember.
other higher end curve cards like batterskull and thrun have ways of just avoiding removal/recovering from it making them also effective. cagebreakers has no was to avoid removal, no evasion(runs into every single one of the things i just mentioned and doesn't even trade) and doesn't have haste either.

d) it requires set up. hero of the bladehold suffers these things also except it costs less mana and it wins on its own without already needing to have other things in the grave to hit hard. in a vacuum, hero hits for 7 on turn 5 then 11 on turn 6. for cagebreakers to match this you need to have 7 creatures in the grave to hit for the same amount of damage. granted magic is not a game in a vacuum, but it stands that cagebreakers is really not good. that slot in an aggressive GW humans should be filled by any number of things that are playable right now, such as hero which is just plain more efficient, or for the purposes of this deck, overrun as another 5 cost game ender, and at least if anyone insists on running it it should be a 2-3 of so you might actually draw it while its still relevant.

I'm not saying here that Kessig Cagebreakers is a bad card. its a bomb in limited, and great in casual formats and likely good for EDH/commander. In the current constructed environment I'm fairly certain it just has no place. someone can feel free to go win a 5k or ptq with it and make me eat my words though.
-end overly in-depth explanation that ended up way longer than i had expected-
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1