Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Project casual (PrC) on Magic-league!

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Finespoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Project casual (PrC) on Magic-league! Reply with quote

Hello Everyone! This is Project Casual going to be started again! It has been running on few forums before, but a lack of intrest and bad ways to communicate got them down 2 months after. This time we'll do it better! Anyways here's the idea:

Project casual is a group of magic players, that play Magic using MagicWorkstation. Project casual is somewhat similar to Precon Wars, but instead I've limited the options a little to make competing in casual enviroment fairer. You start with a base of an Intro Pack (information below) and 3 generated booster packs (so total of 4 boosters, because Intro Packs include one), that I am going to give you as a link. You should track your collection using MWS by creating a new deck to track it (also the actual deck is good to be saved in MWS).

Then what happens?:
Players are allowed to play one match against each other player once per week. The match can be played at any time during the week. The results must anyhow be sent here before Sunday 17:00 GMT +1. Magic-league is a good way to communicate with each other to ask they for a match of the week!

E: Check out also channel #projectcasual on ML, if someone's up for a match.

Matches:
Matches are best out of 3 system with sideboard. Winner of each match gets 3 tokens/credit and loser gets 1 token/credit. Winner of the match post the result here.

Decks:
As usual 60 card decks with any number of basic lands and with 15 card sideboard. So you have to use boosters to make those 41 card intro packs to 60 card decks.

Intro Packs:
This part has not been chosen yet, so the participants may vote, and when we get 8 people together, we'll check which got most support. Some possibilities:
- SOA block intros
- SOM block intros (although infect seems weird)
- Some core set intros
- Zendikar block intros
The intros may be chosen by random = me rolling dice, or they can be "drafted", so that the order is chosen randomly as well. Either way I suggest, that everyone should have a different deck to create interesting matches. It seems awful, if 7/8 people are running the same, let's say, UW fliers deck.

Tokens:
Win = 3 tokens/credits
Lose = 1 token/credit
And what you do with these tokens? You can change your tokens to boosters on sundays. 15 tokens for one booster. I generate the boosters on sunday with that linking system also. You can buy any boosters from 4th edition to Innistrad.

New boosters:
I generate and post all the cards here on Sundays.

Generating system:
I've been using ccgdecks.com in older PrC (Project casuals) to randomly generate boosters. Also I've used essentialmagic.com to keep track of everyones pools, so people can make sure, they've opened that Garruk or some ridicullous bomb.

Trades:
Players are free to make any trades with each other, but all the trades must be posted here clearly!

Rules:
We are using the rules, that are also used in single matches on Magic-league. If the judges are not up at the moment you need them, check out, if I'm around and We'll try to solve the problems. The goal is still to make a little community, where the playing is friendly and everyone acts gently.

Questions:
- Which intros you want to be using?
- Is 15 tokens for a booster too much?
- Is free trading too good for the people who are really active and like to co-operate? Should there be trading at all? Any limits for trading?
- Anything else that comes to mind?

Registeration:
Post here your Magic-league/MWS name, answers for the questions above, your questions for me and any introduction you would like to add.

Please do not double post!
Editing your posts is preferable and it makes the topic clearer.

I hope there was all the information needed, but please do ask questions, if you have any!

M-L name: Finespoo
My e-mail: forummail.finespoo@gmail.com

We start when the 8th player has joined and after that, I will generate and randomize the card pools.

E: List of participants:
Finespoo (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902613)
Miqo (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902612)
Lostwanderer (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902607)
Kookie_Mnstr (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902611)
sc4rs (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902610)
Kayser (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902615)
horcruxe (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902608)
waigoren (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902614)
SweetNothing (http://www.essentialmagic.com//decks/View.asp?ID=902617)

Last edited by Finespoo on Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:46 pm; edited 11 times in total
Miqo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds fun, I'll participate. Very Happy

I'd like to pick Rise of the Vampires (Zendikar)

Fifteen tokens per booster makes sense to me for the high cost because you don't want some players to get too much ahead too quickly, it'd propably be a decent minimum cost with free trading involved.

Free trading is what TCGs are all about. ;] I support that idea 100%.
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Always up for casual
I'll take zendikar's Unstable terrain.

15 cred seems fine count me in.
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in! Very Happy i'd also like to bump up Rise of the vampires(if i'm not allowed to since miqo already did then i bump up bant exalted from SOA)

Chat name is Ptolemy

Last edited by Kookie_Mnstr on Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
horcruxe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:28 am    Post subject: ProjectCasual Reply with quote

Well, i like the idea, but, don't think free tading will keep it casual, because we all know that there are teams here, and or, friends playing, and 3 or more players gather up with for free trading between them self, u will have a broken format where solo players like me will be playing casual against teamed up not casual players Smile

still, i think the idea can go though, just need some shapening

thanks for the inovation Smile
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds really fun. I'd love to play.

I think the 15-token cost makes sense, and free trading seems perfectly fine.

A neat idea might be having the boosters available to buy be different each week, and maybe allow the player with the best record each week to have first crack at which booster they want to buy? Just an idea.
Kayser

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this casual environment, but that recently intros are so much powerful to begin with, it would be nice to start with 10 random booster packs (from 4th edition until innistrad) and make a 60 card deck, if u want to go really casual this is a good way to go
horcruxe

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:07 am    Post subject: ideas Reply with quote

1- what about instead of an intro pack, the beggining be with a sealed pool? think, it would be interesting, that we could change the deck for what we want after getting new boosters.

this would had new many possibilities, u could begin with t2 pool, modern pool, cube pool, etc...

palyers would be able to change colors and stuff, without beeing restricted to the intro pack that they would receive, and this way would be really random start Smile

2 - free trades, could have some restrictons, on like 1 rare card per week, 2, uncommon, and 3 common or something like that, that way u can avoid the team up tradings a bit, and stuff, even that in my opinion no trade at all would keep it more casual

3 - the tokens to buy booster could be less expensive tis way too, to make u able to get a booster in a max of 4 weeks or so, too keep interest in the format
Finespoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Allright!

Now we've settled down! Our brainstorming at #projectcasual has come to a conclusion, where we now just need 1 more player to fillout this little project we've here.

The thing now is, that the intro packs are no more. We've decided to pick from the theme decks of Ravnica block with extra 3 boosters. But remember this picking Ravnica block boosters will make trading with other people hard. The reasoning for this, is that most of the rares are multicolored and only 1 player is abled to use that color combination! So we suggest you not to pick multicolor-set boosters.

There are no tokens anymore. Instead every player will get a free chosen booster pack every week on Sunday.
The wins still count, and the one with most wins at the end of this season (about 2 months) will be the winner of Project Casual season 1!

The precons from RAV block are drafted. The picking order will be random and chosen when we get our 8th player.
Trading is limited to 1 trade for each other player to make my job of marking your pools easier.

Remember to keep it fair!
waigoren

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds interesting. I'll try it.
Finespoo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the time has come!

We now have 8 players, ready to start battling with Ravnica block preconstructed decks. But first we must pick the decks everyone is going to play.

The picking order is found here:
<finespoo> http://www.magic-league.com/mllogger/show.php?id=5038
<finespoo> randomizing has been done
<finespoo> with poor results for me and kayser...
<finespoo> order: Lostwanderer, Horcruxe, sc4rs, ptolemy, miqo, finespoo, waigoren, kayser

So:
1st Lostwanderer
2nd Horcruxe
3rd sc4rs
4th Ptolemy
5th miqo
6th finespoo
7th waigoren
8th Kayser

Everyone who is not 1st, should do a list where he rates X number of decks, in the order he would pick them. X is the picking order number given to that player. List means that if the 1st rated deck is taken, you will pick the 2nd one and so on, until there's a deck that's not in someone else's use.
These rating lists should be post on this topic before the trial of Tuesday 11/8 starts. If the list isn't here before that moment, the deck will be chosen by random.
You should also tell the three boosters you want for your card pool.

Decks are found here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Magic:_The_Gathering_theme_decks
Search for it, then open the link!

After the picking, I'll generate the boosters (on ccgdecks.com) and make the card pools visible (on essentialmagic.com).

Then the 1st week of our Project casual may begin! Trades may happen and matches can be played.

Good luck everyone!
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1-Charge of the Boros
2-Simic Mutology
3-Izzet Gimometry
4-Gruul Wilding

dissension boosters

Last edited by Kookie_Mnstr on Tue Nov 08, 2011 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
waigoren

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The listed number of decks in a player's pick order should have nothing to do with where he is on the draft list. If I'm last, I don't submit a list with one deck in it! (What if you choose a deck someone already took?) Since nobody knows what the people before them will pick, make a list of ALL the rav precon decks in the order you'd prefer to have them.

Also, until I know which deck I get, I can't very well choose which boosters I want, so lets do that after.

Here's mine:
1. Azorius
2. Orzhov
3. Golgari
4. Rakdos
5. Boros
6. Dimir
7. Izzet
8. Selesnya
9. Gruul
10. Simic
Miqo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(5th in order)

1. Rakdos
    2. Boros
    3. Orzhov
    4. Gruul
    5. Selesnya
sc4rs

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

waigoren wrote:
The listed number of decks in a player's pick order should have nothing to do with where he is on the draft list. If I'm last, I don't submit a list with one deck in it! (What if you choose a deck someone already took?) Since nobody knows what the people before them will pick, make a list of ALL the rav precon decks in the order you'd prefer to have them.

Also, until I know which deck I get, I can't very well choose which boosters I want, so lets do that after.

Here's mine:
1. Azorius
2. Orzhov
3. Golgari
4. Rakdos
5. Boros
6. Dimir
7. Izzet
8. Selesnya
9. Gruul
10. Simic

You have it backwards- if you're first you only need to put one because there's nobody ahead of you. If you're second you only need to pick 2. Etc.

My 3:

1) Golgari
2) Boros
3) Selesnya

edit: Whoops, I meant Boros 2nd and Selesnya 3rd but had 'em backwards. Hope that's not an issue...

Last edited by sc4rs on Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5