Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Blue Pike

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Darric

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Stalker is pretty necessary when you're looking to win by connecting with equipment.
GuilleGG

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cards worth considering, mutagenic growth, mental misstep and gutshot maindeck. All make consistent and explosive starts.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would use Spellskites. They are good for stealing the Kessig pump and plus you can always use them with your equipments. However mono color decks can be decent for casual play but it won't be top tier.
Selkie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever you play a mono-colored deck, you have to ask yourself: Is there a reason I'm limiting myself to one color? (Dungrove elder, for example, would be a reason to run only green)

In your list: no, there isn't

You have a solid idea, try expanding on it! See what other colors have to offer
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would be a great idea if Runechanter's Pike wasn't strictly worse than Sword of feast and Famine. As is, your deck is just a really janky CawBlade.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Selkie wrote:
Whenever you play a mono-colored deck, you have to ask yourself: Is there a reason I'm limiting myself to one color? (Dungrove elder, for example, would be a reason to run only green)

In your list: no, there isn't

You have a solid idea, try expanding on it! See what other colors have to offer

I completely disagree. An unfettered manabase is very underrated.

My biggest problem is with the 4 Nexus and 4 Quarter. The amount it disrupts your manabase doesn't seem worth the advantage of having them, especially the Quarters. The deck looks like it's half aggro, half control, and half midrange. Pick one and roll with it imo.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

before I comment further, are even testing the list after updating it?
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy. I brewed up a list very similar to this today.

I have no stalkers or pikes, instead sword of feast or famine (strictly better than pike IMO).

im basically -3 stalker, -2 ponder -2 probe -1 psychic barrier -3 pike

+3 sword, +1 consecrated sphinx +1 batterskull +1 twisted image +1 frost breath +1 quicksilver geyser +1 dismember +2 islands (22 lands is a bit crazy. I feel awkward running 24).

Stalker might be fine as a 2 of or something, but its so weak on its own that I generally don't like it. only 14 actual cards to kill the opponent might be too few as well.
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

-3 pikes +2 sofaf +1 sowap
magicman85

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to re-read Delver Engrish.

http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=226749

If he is not transformed, you get to look at the top card and only reveal it if you want to transform him. (Obviously you aren't going to reveal it if its not going to transform him.)

Once he is transformed it is just a 3/2 Flier with no other abilities.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
Well, the cat's out of the bag. Bummer.

I am weary of delver because they're squishy and give-away too much information. I'd be more inclined to run a different creature altogether. Don't get me wrong; very good card. I enjoy blowing out opponents by playing things unexpectedly too much to give my opponent info about my hand every turn for a 3/2 flier.

At one mana, I can see the value for sure, but they're the kind of card that will screw you savagely for the first time ever in a feature match because salt-of-the-earth competitive players aren't going to take advantage of that free information nearly as well as a feature match opponent.

Alchemy can already give an me an enormous amount of information about my opponent's plans...delver is insult to injury.

Trading 1 card of information for a +2/+1 and flying is something you should always be willing to do on the second turn of the game.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

t1 delver
t2 reveal mana leak transform delver -> troll face

not much better than that.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2