Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card Round 73 - Past Meets Future

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Create a Card Round 73 - Past Meets Future Reply with quote

For this create-a-card, I'd like people to post cards that follow these guidelines.

1) It must have an ability that currently exists in Magic.
2) The ability must be on a card type (or types) that has never had that ability before.

For example:
Entwine on a creature
Soulshift on an artifact
Suspend on a planeswalker

Be creative and innovative, but make it a card that would actually see print by Wizards. This means be aware of power level, text space, flavor, etc.

Rubric is as follows:

MECHANICS
3 points for a card that would see print by Wizards, has a rarity that matches its power level, and that uses an ability that exists on a card type that has never seen it before.
2 points for a card that may be slightly over or underpowered, or mismatched to its rarity, but that follows the ability/card type guidelines.
1 point for a card that has significant power level issues, is a completely inappropriate rarity, or doesn't quite meet the qualifications for ability/card type but still does something new and interesting.
0 points for a card that doesn't fit any criteria whatsoever.

FLAVOR
2 points for a card that has a name, type/s, ability/ies, and flavor text that work together as a cohesive whole. In addition, the card is worded as a normal Magic card is.
1 point for a card that has a name, type/s, ability/ies, and flavor, but that don't work quite as well together, or for a card with some spelling/layout errors.
0 points for a card that doesn't include any attempt at flavor whatsoever, or that has serious spelling/layout errors.

So, max 5 points, minimum 0, and there may be half-points here or there depending on how well I think the rubric applies. Get to it!
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever since the introduction of Entwine in the Mirrodin block, I've always wanted to see dual lands of some sort with it. I do have ideas for all the color combos, but I think this one will suffice.
Selkie

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kit-shu-me, The Eater of Worlds. 7 CMC

Legendary- Tribal Eldrazi artifact- Mythic

5- ~ becomes a 5/5 with Annihilator 5 till end of turn.

Created on Zendikar while the Eldrazi attacked, it soon became as deadly as they

There was no neat way to put Annihilator on a non-creature, so I put it on an activated ability. Then, since Annihilator was Eldrazi only, I figured I'd make it a tribal artifact- something I'm not sure if it's been done before. There's no point in the activation to give it the type Eldrazi, since it already has it (Go go Eye of Ugin tutoring- original CMC was 3, then I realized I wanted to make it synergistic)

Here's my only issue: Should the activation be all colors, or colorless? Originally had it all colors, then went hmm.. that doesn't fit in with the Eldrazi.

Why is it balanced?

1) It's an artifact. Every color can deal with them well
2) prohibitive CMC, and constant activation needed.
3) Mythic. Fits with the flavor of mythic. (To all you mythic haters: do you actually know what the flavor of mythic is?)

Anyways, enjoy.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graveburrow Trow (Uncommon)
3{B/G}{B/G}
Creature - Troll
2/2

Retrace (You may cast this card from your graveyard by discarding a land card in addition to its other costs).

When Graveburrow Trow enters the battlefield, return target creature card from your graveyard to your hand.

Unfortunately for the monster hunters of Shadowmoor, trows are nearly as good at burrowing out of graves as they are at burrowing into them.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yamimaru, Center of Ki
Legendary Land (rare)

<this> enters the battlefield with a ki counter on it.

T: Add 1 to your mana pool for each ki counter on <this>

Grandeur --- Discard another card named <this>: Double the number of ki counters on <this>.

Nibbling on the source of the god's power will never be a good idea. But it might let you come up with a better one.
CharlesT

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Molten Mountain
Land - Mountain (Rare)
Molten Mountain enters the battlefield Tapped.
t: Add R to your mana pool.
At end of turn, if an opponent was dealt 7 combat damage or more this turn, flip Molten Mountain.
//
Valakut, the Eruptive Pinnacle
Legendary Land
t:Add R to your mana pool.
Attacking Creatures you control get +2/+0.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eternal Fire 1(R)(R)

Instant (Rare)

Cumulative Upkeep (R)

(If it is exiled, at the beginning of your upkeep put an age counter on this card, then put it in your graveyard unless you pay its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)

When you play Eternal Flame exile it. If you paid the cumulative upkeep of Eternal Flame you may play it from exile once this turn without paying its mana cost.

Eternal Fire deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Gademis

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newborn Plainswalker U1

Plainswalker - Uncommon

Level up: 1U Whenever Newborn Plainswalker level ups it gains a loyalty counter. 1 (this is the starting loyalty counter)

levels 1-3 -1: Draw a card, then discard a card

levels 4+ -3: Draw three cards and then discard two cards or a plainswalker card.

"Buy my services three times and I will throw one of them for free."

I remember a time when artifacts and legendary creatures where few and "rare" now we got plainswalkers that can follow their path to "commoness" (wtb pauper deck with plainswalkers ^^).
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phyrexian blast RB

Instant - uncommon

Infect

Phyrexian blast deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

"Sometimes, I hear their hymn at night. The worst part is I am beginning to understand it..." - Auriok Survivor.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mcleetsauce:
For asthetic purposes I would match the damage and lifegain on the law part. Even if that means missmatching the cmc of both halfs.

Giving blocking creatures flying with Order does not matter the least unless you want to plummet them, since if they allready block, they either have flying/reach themselves or they are blocking a ground dude anyway.

Hope that helps.
Mcleetsauce

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pseudodespot wrote:
@Mcleetsauce:
For asthetic purposes I would match the damage and lifegain on the law part. Even if that means missmatching the cmc of both halfs.

Giving blocking creatures flying with Order does not matter the least unless you want to plummet them, since if they allready block, they either have flying/reach themselves or they are blocking a ground dude anyway.

Hope that helps.

Neither blue nor white have reach.
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zap cannon 6
Artifact-Contraption (R)
T: deals 1 damage to target creature or player.
If a spelll or ability targets a single contraption it targets all contraptions instead.
Storm

"MASS PRODUCTION!!!-Xalkor, Derranged alchemist.
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Mcleet:
You did not get what i wanted to say.
Order works only after blockers are declared. To block a flying attacking creature, the blocker obv. needs flying and/or reach to do so.

Giving them flying afterwards doesn't do anything.

On the ground it does not matter either. If your, lets say, Trinket Mage blocks a creature that creature would obviously not fly since otherwise the mage could not block it. So what does the mage need flying for?

That is just a well meant hint.
LordHawk

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shrine of Divinity
Legendary Land

Shroud
When Shrine of Divinity enters the battlefield, choose a creature type. Put X counters on it where X is equal to the number of creatures of the chosen type you control.

[T]: Add a [G] Or a [W] to your mana pool.
[G/W][T], Remove X counters from ~: Choose one: Add X G mana to your mana pool, or add X W mana to your mana pool. When Shrine of Divinity has 0 counters on it, Sacrifice Shrine of Divinity.

" He Protected our kind, then was gone."

Last edited by LordHawk on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:50 pm; edited 8 times in total
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2