Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can u help with my BWG Pod before states?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
jester_420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Can u help with my BWG Pod before states? Reply with quote

i love the deck theme and i love playing decks with massive amounts of options but, the deck seems to be lacking something... its really close when i play it mws and IRL but theres some tweaks needed yet
LANDS
1x buried ruins
2x Isolated Chapel
2x Sunpetal grove
4x Woodland cemetary
4x plains
4x swamp
7x forest
CRITTERS
4x Birds of paradise
3x Avacyn's pilgrim
4x Viridian Emissary
1x blade splicer
2x phyrexian rager
2x fiend hunter
2x skinrender
2x solemn simulacrum
2x acidic slime
1x archon of justice
1x morkut banshee
1x wurmcoil engine
2x grave titan
1x sheoldred whispering one
SPELLS
4x Birthing Pod
1x oblivion ring
2x dismember
1x unburial rites

Sideboard:
1x acidic slim
1x oblivion ring
3x timely reinforcements
2x elixer of immortality
1x day of jdugement
1x phyrexian rebirth
2x ghost quarter
2x leonin relic warder
2x ratchet bomb

any ideas or ciritisicm would eb great
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with BWG is it tends to be clunky without pod and very straight forward. Which kinda gives you a disadvantage if your trying to play around opponents tricks.

Just the cards in BWG are only really useful as u pod up to them and only really if ur opp has creatures in play for you to destroy.

since ur running 2 skinrenders and the banshee i would switch to 2 o ring and 1 dismember. the o ring handles wurmcoil and planes walkers much better.

I would drop a rager for a glissa, shes kind of a beast with death touch and first strike and if ppl kill ur pod you can get it back with glissa and skinrender ect. also would drop a solemn and run razor claw. its great against aggro cuz u sac solemn get razor return solemn and play him again. get 4 life a land and a card and still have 2/2 on field. and he gets back pod so you can drop the burial ruins. in 3colors you kinda need the color lands
jester_420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could not agree more with all of the points you make and i also agree with all changes and have made them to the deck tyvm for the ideas keep em commin! PS im pretty sure you mean razor hippogriff (GREAT IDEA WHY DIDNT I THINK OF IT) Razz
also do you thiink the sidebaord could be alters to be more "tricky" to answer the opponenets "tricks" rather jsut paly and say go?

MarkovXII wrote:
The problem with BWG is it tends to be clunky without pod and very straight forward. Which kinda gives you a disadvantage if your trying to play around opponents tricks.

Just the cards in BWG are only really useful as u pod up to them and only really if ur opp has creatures in play for you to destroy.

since ur running 2 skinrenders and the banshee i would switch to 2 o ring and 1 dismember. the o ring handles wurmcoil and planes walkers much better.

I would drop a rager for a glissa, shes kind of a beast with death touch and first strike and if ppl kill ur pod you can get it back with glissa and skinrender ect. also would drop a solemn and run razor claw. its great against aggro cuz u sac solemn get razor return solemn and play him again. get 4 life a land and a card and still have 2/2 on field. and he gets back pod so you can drop the burial ruins. in 3colors you kinda need the color lands
AkYo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean you said it yourself it is missing something.. tell yourself and be honest can this deck be competitive by that I mean can you beat RDW , Pod (mirror) and Solar Flare .. guarantee you want surgical in your board because if they can cheat in big creatures you might be screwed in the solar flare match up and timely reinforcement vs RDW

I found out that pod is very much mid range creatures with no purpose. The reason pod was so successful against caw blade is because once pod resolved it was near impossible for caw blade to effectively get back into the game. very few outs in that match up.

If you are sold on this deck I would experiment with possibly the 5/3 hex proof angel or the Cloudgoat Ranger in the 5 drop slot

I dont believe I saw Elesh Norn (good vs mono token decks)

literally in the undefined meta you want to just beat AGGRO because it is the most popular.. anyone can build RDW and Mono White but not everyone knows how to auto win or have a favorable match up. Figure that out and I'm sure you will be successful.
el_cuervito

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sun Titan...
Tree of Redemption
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

agree with above, sun titan over 2nd grave titan. and elsh norn over sheoldred. elsh is better most games sheoldred only good against flare.

ghost quarters good sb against new wolf run

tree of redemtion, i maindeck it but i use it with venser also to keep resting his toughenss to 13

i run 1 trinket mage sb with 1 elixer and 1 nihil spellbomb for rdw/solar flare.

if ur running timly sb deff sb anoth dismember to kill hero or else he wrecks you before you can do anytihng

i like naturalize sb too against o-ring, torpor orb and swords. Iv almost considered siding out pod in matches where i know they have the stuff that shuts down pod heavily and just run it like a mid range creature deck but its riskey.

i md 1 sylvan replica to for orings temperded steel and he gets returned with titan and hippogriff.

no doj against aggro matches if you must put in more blade splicers or even thrun
jester_420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Elesh norn is main deck now but sun titan is useless in this deck he doesnt do nearly as much wiithout phant images and if i can find a tree ill be maindecking it

MarkovXII wrote:
agree with above, sun titan over 2nd grave titan. and elsh norn over sheoldred. elsh is better most games sheoldred only good against flare.

ghost quarters good sb against new wolf run

tree of redemtion, i maindeck it but i use it with venser also to keep resting his toughenss to 13

i run 1 trinket mage sb with 1 elixer and 1 nihil spellbomb for rdw/solar flare.

if ur running timly sb deff sb anoth dismember to kill hero or else he wrecks you before you can do anytihng

i like naturalize sb too against o-ring, torpor orb and swords. Iv almost considered siding out pod in matches where i know they have the stuff that shuts down pod heavily and just run it like a mid range creature deck but its riskey.

i md 1 sylvan replica to for orings temperded steel and he gets returned with titan and hippogriff.

no doj against aggro matches if you must put in more blade splicers or even thrun
jester_420

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elesh norn not as good as sheoldred
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1