Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RUG Needs help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
MarkovXII

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you need a threat to put pressure on, as of now it seems u have stuff to slow them down from beating you on turn 5 or 6. but your not putting enough pressure on at this point to actually stop them from drawing for 10 more turns to kill you. wurmcoil or thrun maybe?
maybe even primeval
Kier

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well your SB has a lot to do with what your first 60 looks like. If you could post your board I would be able to give more insight. But on The surface...

RDW has quite a few 1 drops depending on the list. I would sub in Geistflames for Gutshots and add a third Geist.

I would also add 2 Thurns, 3 Skinshifters, 1 Wurmcoil, for 3 daybreak and 3 mayors. I have done a fair amount of testing with RUG and have found that Daybreak Ranger just isnt very good in the standard format atm. Also Skinshifter is kind of a wash with mayor but, I find the shifter to apply much more pressure and is considerably faster than the mayor.

Changing the Templors for Slagstorms, and the Brimstones for Dissipates would be my next moves. Slagstorm kills beast tokens you may have given your opponent. It also has the option if hitting planes walkers. You will also find that the 3 damage to creatures will be worth it (Stormblood Berserkers). As for the Dissipates, you will find that removing the chandras phoenixes from the game is going to make you very happy.

I would also drop the Garruks for ancient grudges. As just about every deck has something for grudge to hate out (Shrine of Burning Rage). Plus Garruk is really sub par. I can explain more upon request.

Trying to fit in a Kessig Wolf Run or two is also good for RUG.

I am also available for play testing if you desire.

-Kier
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kibler had a rug deck @ scg open nashville standard portion.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1