Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card - Round 67 - Ultimate Showdown

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:58 pm    Post subject: Create a Card - Round 67 - Ultimate Showdown Reply with quote

This time our winners are gonna have to compete in a very peculiar ultimate showdown. But first let's meet our contestants:

Lozober

Jacois (conceded)

Yajiko

Mr_Weebles

sc4rs

Here it is, this time you got to design an entire cycle! But not any cycle, one that must be in pair with the very nice submitions we had this time!

1- Choose one of the cards your fellow winners submited for Round 67 (no, you can't choose your own card) and make it into a cycle.

2- Your cycle must have 4 cards, one of each color (excluding the original card and its color).

3- All the cards must be Standard Playable, preferably staple level.

4- They must "feel" like a cycle (however you can accomplish that).

5- The cards will be judged both as a cycle and as individual cards.

My criteria will be: Flavor (0 to 3 points for each individual card) and Playability (0 to 3 points for each individual card), Flavor (13 points, judged as a cycle), "Cycle Feeling" (13 points, judged as a cycle). Total: 50 points.

The cards you might opt to make a cycle for are:

ISOLATING THOUGHTS

Cost: 1U

Instant

Uncommon

If you have cast any other spells this turn, counter Isolating Thoughts.

Counter target spell.

Until end of turn, you can't cast spells.

UNEARTHLY CONSEL

Cost: 0

Instant

Rare

Unearthly Counsel is blue.

As an additional cost to play Unearthly Counsel, discard a card and sacrifice an Island.

Counter target spell unless its controller pays 3.

Flavor: "Everything has an answer."

ORCISH TUNNEL

Cost: 2R

Sorcery

Common

Destroy target land. if that land doesn't share a name on the battlefield, destroy another land.

Flavor: "This! Then that!...no! That and that!"

REFUND

Cost: 1U

Instant

Uncommon

Counter target spell. That spells controller untaps all lands he or she controls.

BLOOD PACT

Cost: BB

Sorcery

Rare

Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

At end of turn, if Blood Pact is on your graveyard lose 2 life.

Flavor: "Selling your own flesh is a bit trickier."

Last edited by Sligh_Br on Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not approve of this double round. I'll concede if that helps you to pick a winner.
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've done a double round before and there seemed to be no problem. Concession noted.
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Bolt
RR
Sorcery - R
Deal five damage to target creature or player.
At end of turn, if Blood Bolt is in your graveyard, each opponent gains 1 life.
"Selling your own loyalty is trivial."

Blood Growth
GG
Sorcery - R
Put two +1/+1 counters on each creature you control.
At end of turn, if Blood Growth is in your graveyard, put a -1/-1 counter on each creature you control.
"Selling your own will is elementary."

Blood Spawn
WW
Sorcery - R
Put four 1/1 white Spirit tokens with flying onto the battlefield.
At end of turn, if Blood Spawn is in your graveyard, sacrifice a creature.
"Selling your own soul is customary."

<<Blood Pact goes here, flavor wise>>

Blood Scrying
UU
Sorcery - R
Draw three cards.
At end of turn, if Blood Scrying is in your graveyard, exile a card from your hand.
"Selling your own sanity is hardest of all."
Lozober

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isolating Thoughts
1U
Instant-U

If you have cast any other spells this turn, counter Isolating Thoughts.
Counter target spell.
"Thinking takes a lot of time."

Isolating Wish
1B
Sorcery-U

If you have cast any other spells this turn, counter Isolating Wish.
Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.
"If you had only one wish, what would it be?"

Isolating Anger
1R
Instant-U

If you have cast any other spells this turn, counter Isolating Anger.
Deal 4 damage to target creature or player.
"Being angry takes a lot of energy."

Isolating Purge
1W
Instant-U

If you have cast any other spells this turn, counter Isolating Purge.
Exile target creature.
"Getting rid of evil, one day at a time."

Isolating Hunger
1G
Sorcery-U

If you have cast any other spells this turn, counter Isolating Hunger.
Up to 3 creatures you control get +3/+3 and trample until end of turn.
"When the hunger starts, it cannot be stopped."
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never judged before, but i shall atempt.

sc4rs

Blood bolt: I like it, It's a bit akward, a red card giving you opponent an ajani's mantra. I do se it being played thouhg a 2 mana lava axe played in all burn. 3/3 playability 2/3 flavour (blood does not give your opponents life.

Blood growth: Decent, risky, would only work in a token deck really. do love the draw back.
Playability 1/3 flavour 3/3(love the flavour)

Blood spawn: WW deck? The draw back seems like it should be there, it's just too damaging for the effect. 2/3 playability 3/3 flavour

Blood scrying: Combo win card is soild and definetly playable. Losing a card each turn is painful though, very painful. PLayability 2.5/3 flavour 3/3

Blood pact, what an awful terrible card shouldnt exist Jk :p

Flavour here is good, Very demon like. i feel you have defintlly achieved the flavour here. 10/13

Cycle About half the cards live up to the same sort of playabiltiy as the first one, however as we have seen in the past most cycles playbility changes widely. Each card does show color signiture. However alot of the cards power changes widely. 7/13

Total 36.5/50

MR_Weebles
Elvish tunnel: Playable for certain decks, but it'd be hard to use to full potential, Flavour. Dosent quite seem like something elves would do. Playabiltiy 1.5/3 Flavour 1.5/3(Did like the flavour text)

Illusive tunnel: This card just punishes any one with non basic lands. Definetly playable. Flavour i see there and i like it. Playability 3/3 Flavour 2.5/3

Reviving tunnel: Ewww life gain, however it's kind of expected. the card itself isnt quiote playable, however it is acually i'd dare say, playable in commander. But it's not really T2 playable. 0.5/3 playability(you get the points only cos it's a common and a fantastic attempt at that.) 1.5/3 flavour

Ifested tunnel: Solid removal It's great cos it can kill even annoying things that are indestructable, defintley a played card, not sure if it'd Main board, but SB sure. 2/3 Playability 2/3 flavour.

Flavour: I can definetly feel the flavour here. Soild flavour 11/13
Cycleness: Defietley achieved the cycle flavour and for a common cycle it is quite balanced 12/13 here.

Total 37.5/50

Lozober

Isolating wish: So besides just killing standard, you have done a fantastic job on the playability. Being able to not use it as a rescue card thouhg seems good. Defietlye a staple card and flavour is quite decent. 3/3 playability 2/3 flavour

Isolating anger: a 2 mana flames of the blood hand. again staple again 3/3 and 2/3

Isolating purge: man do i love this card, we need one of these cards in t2 amazing staple. 3/3 3/3.

Isolating hunger: probably the only good late game card here. Which is bizzare cos if it's mana cost. I do see it being a played though. 2.5/3 1/3 not feeling much flavour for this.

Flavour: As a cycle i love the flavour of being isolated and how it would effect you. 10/13

Cycleness 13/13 perfectly achieved.

total: 42.5/50

Yajiko
Corruptive consel: I quite like this card Would be playable and quite flavourful. 2/3 2/3

Judical counsel: About time we had some cheap removal, even so it is largley costly. 1.5/3 2.5/3

Dire consel: A playable green card, how is this possible? It's agrro defense and a definte staple. 3/3 3/3 The flavour is very mush there.

Tempered consel: There i'd probably rage too. Staple, SB maybe. 2.5/3 3/3

Flavour: This seems solid for it. Flavourful sure 9/13

Cycle: Well done a sucseful cycle of cards i could see being printed. 13/13

Total:41.5/50

Close, very close Lozober takes it, now hurry up i want another round
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1