Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card - Round 67!

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Create a Card - Round 67! Reply with quote

You asked and here it is.

This time around I got something that makes for a really great design.

Wizards has intentionally nerfed some very old and found mechanics of the game because noo... I mean, casual players don't like them and get really, really upset when their kitchen table decks are beaten to death by someone who is actually good.

The current round is an attempt to correct that! Like my last create-a-card, you guys will get three propositions and get to choose one of them. Consider all this cards would be printed in M13, so the mechanics should be fitting.

Option 1 - Create a Counter Spell

- It must be blue.

-It must be an instant.

- It must be able to counter any type of spell (and by that I mean that it can't counter only creatures or only instants, etc).

- It can (but does not must) be conditional (i.e. unless your opponent does something, needs to respect some conditions, etc).

- It's supposed to be standard playable, if possible a staple.

- It can't break Standard.

Option 2 - Create a Land Destruction Spell

- It must be red.

-It must be a sorcery.

- It must be able to destroy any land (not only non-basics or any other specific kind of land).

- It can (but does not must) be conditional (i.e. unless your opponent does something, needs to respect some conditions, etc).

Option 3 - Create a Tutor Effect

- It must be black.

- It must be a sorcery.

- It must be able to tutor any card from your library (not only a specific type of card) and put it into your hand.

As before the cards will be judged by the same criteria: a 10 points scale, being: 3 points for innovations, 3 points for playability, 2 points for flavor and 2 points for color feel/role filling. -1 point will be discounted for every specific critera non-filled.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Violent Earthquake (X)(X)(R)(R)

Sorcery - Rare

Convoke - land (each land you sacrifice while casting this spell reduces its cost by (2) or by one mana that land could produce.)

Violent Earthquake deals X damage to each creature without flying and each player. Destroy X target lands.

P.S.: I assume the returning keyword of M13 would be convoke, with a slight improvement as seen above (there will be types of convoke, like convoke - creature /the original one/, or convoke - artifact, convoke - land, etc. I assume all convokes will work like the original one, except for the land one which doesn't make any sense tapping since you can already do that to get mana Smile ).
Gademis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chain Quake RRR

Sorcery – Rare

Destroy target land and then choose any of the following:

Destroy target creature if the land was a creature or it could become a creature. Destroy target artifact if the land could produce only colorless mana. Destroy target basic land with a different name than the basic land you destroyed.

“Just aim it anywhere and the aftershocks will take care of the rest” - Koth
Lozober

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Double Agent UU

instant-rare

Counter target spell.
Put a 2/2 Human Agent token into play under target spell controller.

"That leak had to come from the inside!"

Last edited by Lozober on Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Lozober

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blood Pact BB
Sorcery-rare

Search your library for a card and put that card into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

At end of turn, if Blood Pact is on your graveyard lose 2 life.

"Selling your own flesh is a bit trickier."
Lozober

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris wrote:

Sorcery - Rare

Convoke - land (each land you sacrifice while casting this spell reduces its cost by (2) or by one mana that land could produce.)

Violent Earthquake deals X damage to each creature without flying and each player. Destroy X target lands.

P.S.: I assume the returning keyword of M13 would be convoke, with a slight improvement as seen above (there will be types of convoke, like convoke - creature /the original one/, or convoke - artifact, convoke - land, etc. I assume all convokes will work like the original one, except for the land one which doesn't make any sense tapping since you can already do that to get mana Smile ).

Are u kidding?!?!
2 mana cost + sac the lands for a sweeper(4 damage) and destroying the opp 4 lands?! or even 2 mana + 1 sac for 2 damage and destroying opp 2 lands? Thats better than timewalk lol!
feamar

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:31 am    Post subject: Wipe the planes RR Reply with quote

Sorcery
Destroy target land and target planeswalker

With no place to go, there is no place to hide

Last edited by feamar on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lozober wrote:
Balaviaris wrote:

Sorcery - Rare

Are u kidding?!?!
2 mana cost + sac the lands for a sweeper(4 damage) and destroying the opp 4 lands?! or even 2 mana + 1 sac for 2 damage and destroying opp 2 lands? Thats better than timewalk lol!

To destroy 4 lands u need 10 mana (2x+2) or u need to sacrifice equal amount of lands, i think u read something wrong Smile .
kendiggy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Risky Business

1U - Instant

Counter target spell unless that spells controller sacrifices a permanent.

Draw a card.

1UU, remove a blue card in your hand from the game: Return Risky Business from your graveyard to your hand. Play this ability only any time you could play a sorcery.

"It was great the way her mind worked. No guilt, no doubts, no fear. None of my specialities. Just the shameless pursuit of immediate gratification. What a capitalist."
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Remembrance B

Sorcery (uncommon)

Search your library for a card with the same name as a card in your graveyard, reveal it and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library.

Waking up from a horrible dream edged forever into your mind seems still better than not waking up at all. So they say...

Last edited by pseudodespot on Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Whogshrog

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stone Downpour 2RR

Sorcery – Rare

Destroy target land

Storm

"There goes the neighborhood .. And some of their friends !"
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All In 3BB
Sorcery - Uncommon

Search your library for a card and put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.

You may play All In without paying it's mana cost and as though it was an instant if you discard your hand and pay half of your life rounded up.

You can't win the wager if you won't risk a copper.
-Braids, Dementia Caster

Last edited by xJudicatorx on Mon Sep 05, 2011 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
coat3021

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BB

Demonic Intent

Sorcery

Search your library for a card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Then shuffle your library. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Last edited by coat3021 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refund 1U
Instant *Uncommon*
Counter target spell. That spells controller untaps all lands he or she controls.
Darkseed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BB// Dark Comodities

Sorcery

Search your library for 2 cards, reveal them and put them into your hand. You get an emblem with "When you cast a spell, counter it unless you pay 1"
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3