Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Colorless Control

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you can charge up your ratchet bomb quick enough, you have nothing to take out exarch-twin.
Bande

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:
Unless you can charge up your ratchet bomb quick enough, you have nothing to take out exarch-twin.

Doesn't Torpor Orb?
Kabelis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you just copy paste Frank Lepore's thoughts on this deck from his video deck tech from TCGplayer?
xD

Anyway, this definitely has some potential. There should be All is dust or 2 somewhere in the 75, as well as buried ruin.

As clunky as surge node may look, its interaction with everflowing chalice is pretty sicko. Getting +1 mana each turn for free is really great power level-wise.
pg8

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would rather see 4x Island than those Glimmerposts.
Halldir

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure but i would add some direct removal, rdw is going to eat you... same for tempered steel
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope this means my Karn will go back up in value.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dismember seems useful even as a sb option
MannyFresh

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove glimmer post and add red. You can then either add a few bolts MD or sb. But def add pyroclasm/slagstorm sb
KnockouT

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested this deck quite a bit.
All is Dust > Ratchet Bomb by like 50x.

With Node + Chalice you can cast All is Dust by turn 4 if need be, but generally you can wait until they overextend a bit.
DirectCtrl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could SB Act of Aggression for Twin.
This looks fun.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 spellskite and 4 torpor orb are for sure enough to beat twin.

obviously this is weak to aggro, but aggro in general is weak right now.

I would probably add white for Timely Reinforcements and Leyline of Sanctity if I were to add anything.
tchiseen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 Spellskite
4 Torpor Orb
twin u jelly d_b

You could also just run Dismember. Everyone else is.

I looked at this list and added blue for trinket mages. I'm pretty sure that's correct. Tutoring a Key/Chalice/Surge Node is worth running fewer of them, plus he's a real body. Cutting Quicksands for Islands? I think I also cut a Maze or two, Maze doesn't help you against Valakut or Twin...

In testing, this list performed no better than Big Red with all the same stuff, but they get Chandra+Volt Charge Shenanigans. Also, Shrine/RSZ is pretty nice when you have infy proliferate/mana.
Halldir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
4 spellskite and 4 torpor orb are for sure enough to beat twin.

obviously this is weak to aggro, but aggro in general is weak right now.

I would probably add white for Timely Reinforcements and Leyline of Sanctity if I were to add anything.

look at last trial:) aggro is obv not weak:)
MikeL123

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From my testing, I have:

-1 Wurmcoil Engine
+1 Contagion Clasp
+1 Buried Ruin
-1 Quicksand

Clasp is so key in this deck for its ability to proliferate every turn. Not sure how the original list didn't have this as a 3x or 4x. I'm looking to make it a 4-of in my copy of the deck.

I know this deck is going to have problems against things like monored, but I'm not sure Quicksand solves those problems.

I'm considering adding some other stuff too, like a singleton Mindslaver and All Is Dust (I don't find AID to be strictly better than Ratchet Bomb, fwiw). I've found Wurmcoil to be pretty unhelpful so far (if you last until the point at which you have 6 mana, I feel like you're in good shape already). Much of this is because your opponent generally has some critter removal in their deck, and you're allowing it to be useful for them. I'd much rather just rely on Luxing people down to 0 permanents and then just going in with Dread Statuary and Inkmoth Nexus for the win, leaving the critter removal useless in their hands.
svenihilator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I see no reason not to add some mountains, bolt, volt charge and maybe a 2-of red sun's Zenith. You have a lot of excess mana here and bolt, charge and zenith are all good in the early game, as well as zenith being huge late game with your massive challices.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2