Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Legacy trial report

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
Pich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm    Post subject: Legacy trial report Reply with quote

R1 VS NO RUG

I win G1 on my last turn in a very tight spot vs Exalted crew (2 Hierarchs a Grim Lavamancer and another
creature i don't remember.)

-2 Wish -1 Echoing Thruth +3 Vendilion Cliques
He wins G2 By going turn 3 Natural Order with FoW backup while i only had one FoW. Sad

I win G3 with triple protection on turn 4 or 5 right after he got a Progenitus in play.

2-1

R2 VS Team America

First game he draws Misstep Daze Vendilion Clique FoW FoW Tarmogoyf Tarmogoyf.
I still win because i am awesome and i bait Countermagic with Meditates on my last turn to get the Tide Spiral engine
going.

-2 Wish -1 Echoing Thruth +3 Vendilion Cliques

G2 He goes turn 1 Tropical Ponder Leyline Of The Void after a Mulligan at 6 and i know i'm winning from there.
He Cliques me turn 3 and i FoW, he FoWs, i Brainstorm, i hide Clique and High Tide.

I Clique him on turn 4 when he has like 2Cards in hand, i see 2 Lands, his Clique dies. He's now naked.
On turn 5 i Preordain to find Spiral. He plays a Goyf he just drew.

On my turn i go High Tide, Spiral. From there i win with a decent Spiral with High Tides, Cantrips and a Merchant Scroll.
I finish by Brain Freezing x2 at like 8-9 of Storm with Pact and Misstep protection for Stifle or whatever.

2-0

R3 VS Team America

My opponent connects, draws his hand, does not say Hi or GL or anything.
He mulligans to 6 and play Verdant Catacomb, he gets USEA and plays Thoughtseize.
I have Spiral Ponder Preordain Brainstorm Land Land Land and he picks Bstorm.

I play land turn 1. We cantrip and pass for 2 turns. I am flooding but he has no guys in play
so i put him on Landstill until he plays a Tombstalker. I Brainstorm in resp to the Demon
but i let it resolves. Brainstorm got me a solid grip. Next turn i Scroll into HT, he beats me.
I get the Spiral engine going after he beats me two times with the Demon. with 4x Backup.

I get a fucking shitty spiral and i lose.

Same side as previous rounds.

G2 at end of my turn 1 he Brainstorms to get no value out of such an awesome Legacy staple.
He goes turn 2 Tseize, i BS and he says Ok then he says .... I ask him whats the problem and he says
he Misclicked. Turn 3 i Brainstorm, Fetch, Misstep his stifle and Scroll into Meditate.
On his Turn 3 or 4, he lays Tombstalker while i'm at 15.. well, it resolves, no choice.
I scroll into a second High Tide and Pass the turn. He hits me for 5.
I have 4 Lands.
I'm at 5, i have a shit hand with no protection. I HT, he missteps. I HT, in resp he Surgical Extractions my first one.
I Turnabout,

Pich plays Turnabout from Hand
<Pich> Ok?
<Lenin> Ok
<Lenin> response
Pich untaps Island
Pich untaps Island
Pich untaps Island
Pich untaps Island
Lenin taps Underground Sea
Lenin plays Surgical Extraction from Hand
<Pich> nope.
<Pich> Its on the stack
<Pich> not in the grave
Pich hides card in hand
Pich hides card in hand
Pich hides card in hand
<Lenin> after it resolves
<Pich> I have priority
<Lenin> I know
<Pich> Which means you can't play your spell.

Looks like my opponent thinks he can Surgical Extraction a spell that is on the stack.. herm.

I ponder and find the so precious time spiral.. yes. I spiral with a Storm of 11 and 2 manas left.
I get Preodain, Spiral, Misstep, 4 Lands. ew.... I preordain into preordain in to ponder into Brainstorm into protection (1fow)
he fows, i fow in resp he extracts my brainstorm, i misstep. then he extracts my Brainstorms again.
I spiral and i draw.. ponder preordain pact meditate clique island island.. i meditate into fow fow scroll
gg. PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I side in a Wipe Away since its nice vs tombstalker, I side out 1 High Tide.
G3 ;
We both keep 7 and he goes turn 1 fetch then thoughtseize i misstep he missteps he sees land land land meditate ponder
wipe away and he picks Ponder i draw Brainstorm, play a land and say Go. he plays goyf, i draw a fetch, cool.
I take 3, he ponders, resolves. i eot brainstorm, mainphase preodain, i get spiral. i don't have any high tide for the moment
He ponders and beat for 3, i'm at 12. He plays tombstalker. I'm happy i have wipe away.. he plays another goyf
I scroll into high tide while im at 9. He beats, i'm at 3. on my turn i go high tide.. he misstep, i misstep i fetch, he stifles.
Cool i just lost vs a guy who doesn't understand how Surgical Extraction works (he tried to extract a spell that is on the stack once and he tried to extract a spell
while he didn't have priority.) and plays Brainstorm at end of turn 1.. sigh..

12 Island
4 Flooded Strand
2 Misty Rainforest
3 Cunning Wish
4 Turnabout
2 Meditate
1 Pact of Negation
1 Brain Freeze
3 Ponder
4 Preordain
4 Merchant Scroll
4 Time Spiral
4 Brainstorm
4 Force of Will
1 Echoing Truth
4 High Tide
3 Mental Misstep
SB: 1 Meditate
SB: 1 Pact of Negation
SB: 1 Brain Freeze
SB: 1 Snap
SB: 3 Spell Pierce
SB: 2 Wipe Away
SB: 3 Vendilion Clique
SB: 1 Rebuild
SB: 1 Ravenous Trap
SB: 1 Blue Sun's Zenith
Lenin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

u mad?
Pich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, you were not a super cool opponent so.. let's say i didn't have much fun.

u didn't say hi or anything, you were making weird plays ( turn1brainstorm eot ect) and you were trying to extract spells on the stack and stuff like that several times even after i explained you so.. well, i'm not mad but i think no one would have liked losing to you lol..
Lenin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep. he mad.

btw I know how extraction works I just happened to accidentally click my "response" button once. I thought it would be clear that I extract it after it went to the grave

That said you shouldn't take things to serious when you enter a leg. trial with some ancient high tide combo pile + 3 mental misstep (now thats tech!). Your list auto loses to almost any "blue" deck.

What I think is not much fun is that you tell everyone on IRC what deck I play and then even post the logs while the trial is still ongoing.

And why not post the full log so that people and judge the "weird plays" by themselves and can lol at you freaking out after I type "..."
Pich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea sure, High tide is a pile Rolling Eyes . Say that to Alix Hatfield. Rolling Eyes
Yea sure, its autolose vs Blue decks, SURE!!! Rolling Eyes

And why not post the full log so that people and judge the "weird plays" by themselves and can lol at you freaking out after I type "..."

Dude, i cast a Brainstorm, you say Ok, i draw then you say ..., I just asked if there was a problem, i never freaked out..

'' I thought it would be clear that I extract it after it went to the grave''
Dude, you don't even know whats priority. Laughing Laughing
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pich, stop bitching because you lost please.
lenin, stop being a dick about it all.
this isn't the place to do anything like this. take it to PM if it's that important to bitch about.

hopefully this thread is locked and deleted soon.

and tbf, u guys need to grow up. it's a little sad when people act like this over a trial. come on guys, you are better than this.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You guys both need to grow up. I've seen much, much worse and gotten over it the moment I closed MWS.
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can you possibly side out high tide. Wishing for it is never ideal.
[-a-L-e-]

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spyx wrote:
How can you possibly side out high tide. Wishing for it is never ideal.

If you see an opponent play surgical extraction post sb, side out a single high tide to wish for it's of course the right thing to do. Wish for it is never ideal, but lose with all four high tide getting extirpated it's worst, i guess Very Happy.

Last edited by [-a-L-e-] on Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair enough, I guess he has discard too to make it work.
Pich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had Thoughtseizes.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1