Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UG Control Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So UG land destruct control has been attempted and has worked before in a RUG shell. I think you want 4 Mana Leak somewhere. Cut the Gitaxian Probe and Unsummon and play Leak and Rampant Growth. Potentially try to up the counts on your slime and mold shambler, since those are your real threats and provide great board prescence.
Poofter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have a list that is UG, took it to FNM and won with it. The list is a bit different but has the same idea.

LAND 24
3x Halimar Depths
3x Khalni Garden
4x Misty Rainforest
2x Terramorphic Expance
4x Tectonic Edge
4x Island
4x Forest

Spells 13
4x Preordain
2x Deprive
3x Genesis Wave
4x Spreading Seas

Creatures 23
4x Frost Titan
3x Primeval Titan
2x Phyrexian Metamorph
4x Lotus Cobra
4x Overgrown Battlement
4x Jorga Treespeaker
2x Acidic Slime

Sideboard
2x Acidic Slime
3x Flashfreze
2x Obstinate Baloth
3x Spellskite
2x Dismember
1x Batterskull
2x Nature's Claim

Matches R1 UB control

He countered all my juice i countered a Grave Titan and Cobras and Treespeakers got there. 2nd game Got an early acidic slime down followed by another followed by a phyrexian metamorph

R2 Mono Red

He kept a land low on mountains and i managed to spreading seas his only 2 mountains and by the time he drew his third frosty was already doing work. 2nd game i got a baloth and a metamorph and it was too much

R3 Valakut

Killed all his Valakuts...Easy matchup

R4 Boros

Stalled the ground with battlements and got a primeval titan and a metamorph. 2nd game same as the first but got frosty titans this time

R5 UB control

ID to Top 8

Match 1
Rematch agianst the Valakut player....He mulliganed 5 times in our 2 games...wasnt close

Match 2 UB Control

We fought back and forth for awhile and i finally managed to resolve a G-Wave GG. Game 2 Drew lots of titans and spellskite stopped his Volition reins.

Match 3 RUG Twin (birthing pod)

He dominated me game 1 just drew the nutz (poop my first loss) 2nd game ramped into a T4 frost titan, and T5 Metamorph, and T6 Titan was too much. Game 3 Drew a spellskite to stop him from Twin and Nature Claim'd his pod...G3 he kept a sketchy hand of 4 lands, nest invader, birds, birds. He continued to draw more land and mana dorks and the titans crushed him.

WRAP-UP

The deprive is the worst card in the deck...Even though it did counter multiple titans on the day. I would consider cutting the two deprives for another metamorph and maybe another slime. I really think that metamorph is one of the best cards in the deck i was happy with it the whole tournament.
MassO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe make a WUG deck with Venser, to take advantage of the cip abilities.....also gives you dignitaries and DoJ....in this type build you go less creature heavy....maybe even pod it....idk....looks promising, too bad it will only last another month before half the deck rolls.
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not use that 6 mana blue guy that lets you draw a million cards?
MassO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Why not use that 6 mana blue guy that lets you draw a million cards?

Consecrate Sphinx i think, Maybe if you back this deck full of control card, leak, doj, maybe even dignitaries and haze frog, you could add in rites of florishing. Rites plus Sphinx, hella card advantage, you also get ob ring which is great with venser
syspunk

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why does everyone think venser + obliv ring is good? whatever obliv ring exiles returns to play if ring leaves play.
MassO

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

syspunk wrote:
why does everyone think venser + obliv ring is good? whatever obliv ring exiles returns to play if ring leaves play.

You drop Ob ring on say a 2/2 or 3/3 creature early, then opponent has a planeswalker out other than venser, you cast venser, sliding out the Ob ring, they get a creature back but you get a stronger card out of play....next turn you slide out your creature, doj and then get your creature (either Slime or Stag) to take advantage of their cip abilities. If you really want to be nasty, play sunblast Angel + Venser, they attack, you fog, you attack with angel, then slide her out, doj every turn.

To really abuse Ob ring + Venser, add in a Sundial of the infinite.

That way when you slide out the Ob ring, the Second ability of the ring goes on the stack, activate the Sundial, and their cards stay exiled forever. A 2 mana exile two different permanents every turn.
pg8

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsummon = bad. Not enough tempo stuff to make it worthwhile.
Dismember or even narcolepsy if you really want removal ( or beast within if you add battlements)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1