Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My exile deck NEED HELP

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: My exile deck NEED HELP Reply with quote

Creatures:
- 3 sun titan
- 2 phantasmal image (among the most versatile cards in standard, it gets ridiculous when placed on a Mimic Vat)
- 4 Glimmerpoint Stag (can exile permanently your opponent's permanent with Sundial of the Infinite and it has other nice uses like reseting counters on a permanent)
- 4 Stonehorn Dignitary (it just works perfectly with Venser, your opponent no longer attacks while your Venser heads for his ultimate)

Enchantments:
- 4 Oblivion Ring (very good in any control deck, it just gets better with the Sundial and Venser or a Leonin imprinted on a Mimic Vat)

Sorceries:
- 4 Ponder (fetch what you need and avoid drawing what you don't need for the next three turns)
- 2 Day of Judgment (a handy reset button)

Artifacts:
- 4 Sundial of the Infinite (the core of this deck, use it to clear the stack during your turn for all kinds of very nasty tricks, it's the card you absolutely need into play to start exiling your opponent board one card at a time)
- 3 Mimic Vat (an excellent card, it can get ridiculous with Sundial of the Infinite since it allows you to keep a token you create during your turn)
- 2 Tumble Magnets (very handy to slow down your opponent's attack, it handles one creature to help you survive until you can drop a Dignitary or a DoJ or most of your good creatures + it serves later)
- 1 Spine of Ish Sah (I know it's expensive, but it works very well with the Stag, Venser, the Metamorph and Phyrexia's Core, a Leonin or Metamorph on a Mimic Vat also do the job so I put one in the deck) (it's the cheap $$$ version of a Karn Liberated in this deck)

Planeswalkers:
- 3 Venser, the Sojourner (with Oblivion Ring or Leonin Relic-Warder and a Sundial, start exiling permanent your opponent controls while moving towards your ultimate ability)

Lands:
-4 seachrome coast

- 4 Glacial Fortress (fix your mana)
- 9 Plains
- 7 Islands
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure exclusion ritual is strictly better then spine in the list you posted.
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

after some heavy thinking here is my new list
Creatures:
- 2 sun titan
- 3 Phyrexian Metamorph (among the most versatile cards in standard, it gets ridiculous when placed on a Mimic Vat)
- 4 Glimmerpoint Stag (can exile permanently your opponent's permanent with Sundial of the Infinite and it has other nice uses like reseting counters on a permanent)
- 4 Stonehorn Dignitary (it just works perfectly with Venser, your opponent no longer attacks while your Venser heads for his ultimate)

Enchantments:
- 4 Oblivion Ring (very good in any control deck, it just gets better with the Sundial and Venser or a Leonin imprinted on a Mimic Vat)

Sorceries:
- 4 Ponder (fetch what you need and avoid drawing what you don't need for the next three turns)
- 2 Day of Judgment (a handy reset button)

Artifacts:
- 4 Sundial of the Infinite (the core of this deck, use it to clear the stack during your turn for all kinds of very nasty tricks, it's the card you absolutely need into play to start exiling your opponent board one card at a time)
- 3 Mimic Vat (an excellent card, it can get ridiculous with Sundial of the Infinite since it allows you to keep a token you create during your turn)
- 2 Tumble Magnets (very handy to slow down your opponent's attack, it handles one creature to help you survive until you can drop a Dignitary or a DoJ or most of your good creatures + it serves later)
- 1 Spine of Ish Sah (I know it's expensive, but it works very well with the Stag, Venser, the Metamorph and Phyrexia's Core, a Leonin or Metamorph on a Mimic Vat also do the job so I put one in the deck) (it's the cheap $$$ version of a Karn Liberated in this deck)

Planeswalkers:
- 3 Venser, the Sojourner (with Oblivion Ring or Leonin Relic-Warder and a Sundial, start exiling permanent your opponent controls while moving towards your ultimate ability)

Lands:
- 4 Buried Ruins (it's just too awesome, a land that lets you retrieve Solemn Simulacrum/Phyrexian Metamorph/Mimic Vat/Tumble Magnet/ Sundial of the Infinite? yes please, anytime)
- 2 Phyrexia's Core (cash in a Simulacrum or destroy your Phyrexian Metamorph to move it to a Mimic Vat or move the Tumble Magnet to the graveyard or gain a life from a Mimic Vat token or destroy your Spine of Ish Sah!)
- 4 Glacial Fortress (fix your mana)
- 9 Plains
- 5 Islands

Sideboard:
- 4 Choking Fumes (a good spell against any agressive deck and the -1/-1 counters stays in case you play against buffed 1/1's, it is an excellent answer to Inkmoth Nexus and Phyrexian Crusader, lastly, it can buy you the turn you need to survive against a Splinter Twin deck since they are 1/4)
- 2 Day of judgement (option to add more reset buttons)
- 3 Negate (Counterspell is good and this deck handles creatures well)
- 2 Sun Titan (a different possible win condition, they can retrieve your Tumble Magnet, your Relic Warder, your Oblivion Ring, your Sundial, your Mimic Vat or your Buried Ruins which returns any artifact, I'd recommand playing them against decks that have lots of responses to artifacts and enchantments)
- 4 Leonin Relic-Warder (early 2/2 that can exile Oblivion Ring to choose a second target later while leaving the first exiled forever with the Sundial, it works on artifacts and enchantments with Venser and Sundial just like an Oblivion Ring, extremly good against any agressive deck using artifacts/Metalcraft/Battlecry (goodbye Signal Pest/Tempered Steel!))

I'd really like to test Spellskite as well as Blade Splicer. The blade splicer has a cool EtB ability that works well with the deck and you can take advantage of First Strike with the Sundial during your combat phase. I haven't put counterspell in there yet, I can't find much room so far. Maybe it will take the abolisher spot?

The deck and sideboard will most likely change after I playtest this deck.

Thanks for your comments!
syspunk

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

im not sure you fully understand how some of those cards work. sundial only works on your turn and if you bounce oblivion ring, what it exiled gets returned to the field.
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This deck is feasible i am 12 and 1 with it also stag works with venser
Egren

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

olliemydoggy wrote:
This deck is feasible i am 12
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not 12.
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why these work:

It's all about the timing of activating Sundial of the Infinite.

Both Mimic Vat and Glimmerpoint Stag have delayed triggered abilities which trigger once and only once. Thus, you allow the delayed triggered abilities to go on the stack during the end step, then activate Sundial of the Infinite to exile those abilities and they will never trigger again. This means that for Mimic Vat, the tokens will stay on the battlefield indefinitely. As for Glimmerpoint Stag, the permanent will stay in exile for the rest of the game.

The Vensor/O-Ring combo is slightly different. After casting Oblivion Ring, you allow it to resolve and enter the battlefield, exiling a permanent. Then, during your second main phase, you exile it with Venser, the Sojourner. Then Oblivion Ring's second triggered ability will go on the stack and you activate Sundial of the Infinite in response, exiling the ability so the permanent is exiled for the rest of the game. Now, since the end step never occurred, Oblivion Ring will return to the battlefield at the next end step, which will be your opponent's. Rinse and repeat.

Win conditions:

Sun Titan. Also the tokens created by Mimic Vat
wiltstorm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

your o-ring never returns either then...
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it does because i do on my second main phase
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1