Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

BUG pod Constructive help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: BUG pod Constructive help Reply with quote

// Lands
4 Forest
2 Swamp
3 Darkslick Shores
2 Drowned Catacomb
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Verdant Catacombs
3 Island

// Creatures
1 Sylvan Ranger
2 Solemn Simulacrum
1 Brutalizer Exarch
1 Sea Gate Oracle
1 Viridian Emissary
1 Entomber Exarch
2 Acidic Slime
1 Deceiver Exarch
1 Massacre Wurm
1 Frost Titan
1 Phyrexian Metamorph
1 Obstinate Baloth
4 Birds of Paradise
2 Llanowar Elves
1 Cadaver Imp
1 Mitotic Slime
1 Sutured Ghoul
1 Sylvok Replica
1 Reassembling Skeleton
1 Pilgrim's Eye
1 Skinrender

// Spells
4 Birthing Pod
4 Preordain
3 Go for the Throat

I took my original BG pod list idea and splashed in some blue, i think i like the BG version better, but i do like preordain in the list.. Any ideas or constructive help would be great.. thanks
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splashing blue for Frost Titan, Deciever Exarch, and Sea Gate Oracle doesn't seem that good to me.

Grave Titan is probably better than Frost Titan 9 times out of 10 anyways.

Deciever Exarch without Splinter Twin zzz...

Sea Gate Oracle is a mediocre card not worth splashing for 1 of.

Metamorph can be good so maybe keep that in, but even if you do you still don't really need to use islands for it. Birthing pod or just pay the 2 life should suffice.
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mostly your right, i dont like the list either, i prefer the solid BG version.. just like preordain :\ also would like to use my frosty for something, but i guess i can trade him away for some more cards owell.. thanks
G0ND412

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't get what you could gain from having preordain in the deck
i mean, who cares about the 2 top cards of his library when the whole deck is built so that you can get any card out of it when you need it

the only thing it might help is if you're manascrewed at the beginning, but with 4 birds to start, and creatures that give you the ability to find more lands, i don't think you need that

also you need to have that island so it's not worth it

maybe 1 island for deceiver (2 to 4 in 1 turn seems nice in some occasions) and sometimes for metamorph
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the preordains are there to help the problem of not drawing your birthing pod in the main hand, a lot of the times without birthing pod on line you will havea much harder time of winning, hence preordain. also the exarch is in there to go to 4 from 2 alot faster, Emissary>Exarch, untap pod>4 drop, my personal favorite is getting entomber exarch and bringing back deciever to do it again next turn.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1