Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Valakut M12 Update {Oracle of Mul Daya vs Solemn Simulacrum}

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Should Valakut Run Solemn Simulacrum or Oracle of Mul Daya
Solemn Simulacrum
63%
 63%  [ 12 ]
Oracle of Mul Daya
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
Both
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 19

AEonFlux

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 am    Post subject: Valakut M12 Update {Oracle of Mul Daya vs Solemn Simulacrum} Reply with quote

Quote:
Lands
6 [US] Forest (2)
1 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ROE] Evolving Wilds
1 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [ZEN] Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
12 [BRB] Mountain (6)

Creatures
4 [M12] Primeval Titan
3 [WWK] Avenger of Zendikar
3 [ZEN] Oracle of Mul Daya
1 [M11] Inferno Titan

Spells
4 [WWK] Explore
3 [ZEN] Summoning Trap
4 [ZEN] Harrow
4 [ZEN] Khalni Heart Expedition
4 [9E] Rampant Growth
2 [WWK] Nature's Claim

Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Summoning Trap
SB: 2 [WWK] Nature's Claim
SB: 4 [M11] Obstinate Baloth
SB: 4 [M10] Pyroclasm
SB: 1 [M11] Back to Nature
SB: 3 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph

Would Solemn Simulacrum be a better option for the Oracle of Mul Daya? And If so Should I just run 3 or take 1 of something out? And if so what? Or do you think i should take something else out for Simulacrum? Or should it be ran at all?
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you wanna run nature's claim MD for sure?
AEonFlux

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you wanna run nature's claim MD for sure?

That wasnt the question. But yes. I run natures claim x2 for sure Because it takes care of splinter twin, shrine of the burning rage, spreading seas, lashwrithe,birthing pod...etc need i go on? those are all pre sb cards. And than i run more removal in the side for post sb
MassO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oracle is great for Valakut, but here is the problem I see:

too many spells that only give you land and if you don't hit a titan your day is done, esp against gobs and vamps

Now, i would go down to 2 Harrow, and drop the Khalni Expeditions, I would also drop 2 Avenger of Zendikar and 1 rampant growth, and 1 explore.

That would leave 10 open spots:

3 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Green Sun's
2 Slagstorm
1 more Nature's claim
1 more Inferno Titan
1 Red Sun's Zenith

That gives you versatility when you get land, on third turn, playing either a titan or summoning trap on turn 4.

Every blue deck has at least 3 spreading seas main deck, Splinter Twin is also rampant, the shrine, birthing pd, lashwrithe, ect.

You need at least 3 Nature's claim but with all the hate recently, I would go with 4 dropping a red sun.

Red sun is a good finisher, if they somehow get rid of the valakut and you burn them the rest of the way.

Every game should be turn one land, turn two either rampant or Explore, turn 3 solemn/rampant/explore/harrow, turn 4 Titan, turn 5 either more ramp/Avenger/summoning trap/green sun/slag
Lynolf

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oracle of Mul Daya is better in my opinion because you have a lot of shuffle effects in your deck. However, if the metagame is one with a lot of removal on stake, then I would go with Solemn Simulacrum. Mr. Green
BuckyCat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd run 3-4 Solemn Simulacrum and have a singleton Oracle as a Green Sun Zenith target. The robot is guaranteed acceleration and you're fine with it hitting the bin. Oracle is a removal magnet.
Gracco

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion, Solemn Simalcrum is a little hyped in the current meta and Oracle of Mul-Daya is overrated. On the other hand, Lotus Cobra, seeing as it is still legal, can provide very explosive results and Rampant Growth, re-printed in M12, is a great card for Valakut decks. I use Rampant Growth and Lotus Cobra and neither Simalcrum or Oracle and have been getting good results.
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both cards are good, but Simulacrum gains my vote here. The reason is that although Oracle's continuous effect might be better in some games, Simulacrum is the more constant card, something specially important when talking about an explosive deck that needs just a little bit more of consistency.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1