Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mill-Is it coming back?

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

Will Mill be a force in the near future?
Yes
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
No
86%
 86%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 15

KnowN

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mill sucks. a lot of decks already sb's leyline of sanctity which owns mill. And if it ever came decent 2 Eldrazis in sb will do the job.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mill was good in draft in Kami block with dampen thought, also decent in Ravnica with that 1/4 U tap mill 2 dude vedalken entrancer i think with lurking informant as back up. Plus if u opened glimpse u could draft dec ks with glimpse and transmute cards for glimpse plus izzet chronach and cards that totor for that plus, mark of eveiction, peel into darkness or whatever it was, I def won a prem event on modo with that stratergy but with 60 card decks i cant see it.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been goofing around with Hedron-blade for a bit, seems one of the only routes that Mill can be a viable wincon. Basically plays the same as Caw-Blade, obviously with the addition of the mill cards at the expense of some board control. Considered Visions for the deck, but just haven't got around to testing it. Sideboard is kind of generic at the moment since I didn't make it with any specific meta in mind. Is a bit soft to fast aggro pre-board, but makes up with it for having great games against Valakut, Splinter, Midrange, and other control decks.

// Lands
2 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
2 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [SOM] Seachrome Coast
4 [M12] Glacial Fortress
4 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
5 [NPH] Plains (2)
4 [ROE] Island (4)
1 [MBS] Inkmoth Nexus

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Hedron Crab
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
2 [NPH] Spellskite

// Spells
2 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
3 [M12] Jace, Memory Adept
2 [M12] Gideon Jura
4 [M12] Ponder
4 [ZEN] Archive Trap
4 [M12] Mana Leak
3 [M12] Oblivion Ring
2 [NPH] Dismember

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [NPH] Spellskite
SB: 1 [M12] Oblivion Ring
SB: 2 [NPH] Dismember
SB: 3 [WWK] Kor Firewalker
SB: 2 [M11] Flashfreeze
SB: 2 [M12] Day of Judgment
SB: 2 [M12] Timely Reinforcements
SB: 2 [SOM] Ratchet Bomb

Obviously I didn't 'invent' the idea, since I saw people attempting decks like this before the bannings. Just seems more viable now with Stoneforge and JtMS gone, and with the addition of Emo Jace.
G0ND412

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A doesn't get the priority in the middle of the mill effect
the ability goes on the stack when the mill is resolved (same way as the draw 1,discard 1 abilities, you can't play spells in the middle of it)
then you can do the ravenous-trap-totally-owns-u-g2?kthxbai thing
CrushU
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I possessed a rather good UB Mill deck just before Alara rotated out. I'd actually milled someone out by turn 3 once, but that was a god hand. Realistically it took until around turn 6 or so. Nor was this a brilliant deck, as it could still lose, especially if you had graveyard shenanigans yourself, or fast aggro.

I do not have the decklist, as it was a deck I owned and was brewing. Never got it to a satisfactory place to make it in MWS, sadly. It used two Nemesis of Reason, 4of Mind Funeral/Archive Trap/Hedron Crab, and two Haunting Echoes. Other than those cards, I cannot recall it exactly.

Right now? Mill is not competitively viable. Too many people have "just in case" sideboard that happens to wreck mill decks in the competitive arena. Casual decks, however, are seeing more mill, because of emo Jace.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2