Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ooze deck, is it possible to tune it into tier 1?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
eternal42

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

how about hedron crab? fills up the graveyard pretty quick and makes it possible to get an ooze going without having a fauna shaman up.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That deck is terrible it has no cynergy at all.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats not true at all. It has plenty of synergy all themed around the ooze, its problem is its large reliance on one card (ooze) that if it gets killed your not in a good position and the general clunkiness of the deck. It has synergy but it all focuses around one card rather than all the cards complimenting each other like something like affinity would.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry i dont have time to write a book about all the terrible things in that deck but here is a few. 4 mimic vat is too many because you wont have mana to support more than 1. 1 skythryx wtf? Why put only 1 infect creature. Nantuko shade in a green/black terrible. Spellskite why. I could go on for pretty much every card in that deck but i dont have time.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
1 skythryx wtf? Why put only 1 infect creature.

I now suspect you of being so stupid that you have commented on a nectrotic ooze deck with out having read the card necrotic ooze.
AMER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredByron wrote:
magicman85 wrote:
1 skythryx wtf? Why put only 1 infect creature.

I now suspect you of being so stupid that you have commented on a nectrotic ooze deck with out having read the card necrotic ooze.

This guy is trolling because Vector Asp has infect...
Also, his letters have no synergy*
ozmosis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cut down the royal assasin to 2 or less and vat to 2 and add 4 birthing pod.
xxapathyxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem with the deck your suggesting is the speed of the metagame, and the speed of your deck. Your deck realistically isn't winning in the first 7-8 turns. The metagame is Valakut(turn 4-7 win), RDW(Turn 3-7 win), Splinter twin(turn 3-7 win). All these are obviously just a fair suggestion of their capabilities. But, if they havent won by the 7th turn, they have major board presence, or a controlling game state. Your deck however cannot keep up with these 3 decks, have no answers to these decks, and are therefore strictly not on the same tier as these decks.

I'm not trying to troll you, or your deck idea, but it probably can't become tier 1.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1