Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Leyline of Anticipation

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue likes to play spells on the opponents turn. Leyline enables them to do that with everything except lands. Which they happily play on their own turn anyway. I wouldn't say giving all your nonland cards flash would make the cards better, but depending on how you play them.
My friend had a mono U control deck built around it. Opp would drop a creature, eot he would Domestication, Mind Control, Volition Reins (take your planeswalker as well), Corrupted Conscience. He also had eot Wurmcoil and Frosty as well.
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best way to use flash is for blocking. Let people attack and then drop a big blocker to kill their guy.

Overall though, I don't think that leyline is good enough to be in a competitive T2 deck.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leyline is nice to have in play, but it's a 4cmc card that isn't actually *doing* anything by itself. In other words, you need to be getting some specific advantage from the effect to make up the built in card disadvantage.
ozmosis

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some decent cards to play with flash of the top of my head would be:

preordain eot.
spreading seas.
everflowing chalice eot.
vensor
frost titan
jace
tumble magnet
into the roil

One of the main advantages are you don't have to cast things on your turn and therefore can always have lands available to use countermagic. Whethor you have it or not in your hand it would certainly play on an opponents mind and/or decisions.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what is the point of playing a planeswalker EOT*(other than the obvious of leaving mana open which is true with ALL cards)? You could have played him in your main phase and used his ability. Into the Roil is already and instant. Tumble Magnet doesn't do you much good if you don't play it precombat.
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

off the top of my head

1. preordain
2. wurmcoil engine
3. manic vandel
4. aether adept
5. volition reigns
6. stoneforge mystic
7. all titans
8. arc lightning
9. everflowing chalice (any ramp really)

and a bunch of other stuff, but yeah, I've always been curious as to how much of advantage flash would be. But with all the artifact/enchantment hate, I doubt it will be viable
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another good card is counterspells. Sure they are instant, but you can leave your mana open until the end of their turn and then play a creature if you dOnt need the mana for a counterspell.
ozmosis

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you could also play blightsteel colossus/emrakul and mass poly.
Zagar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main advantage of flash is that you can leave your mana open for any needed counters (like Fae). The problem with the Layline is that unless you have it in your opening hand you will need to tap out to cast it. Moreover, it costs 4 mana so when you decide to hardcast it you can't actually hold mana up for counter. What's more usually mono U draw-go decks have not much card advantage, trading 1 for 1 counterspells, so you can't afford drawing a 2nd Layline later in the game.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mono u draw go decks do not have much card advantage???? where is this true on the moon, no that's to close pluto?

Yeah but the problem is if you do not get it in your hand its 4cc for no real automatic gain. And guess what you could be casting at 4cc instead it begins with a J costs an arm and a leg, is now competing with arcbound ravager for who owns the most souls of magic players and ends in an rRazz
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1