Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old Decks

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
boeda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember trading my Morphling away for Lifeline while Urza Block was the newest set....

Man, did I frown at my first tournament shortafter where everybody was rocking with grim monolith and morphlings backed by miscalculation and rewind.. Lifeline came in last.

two months later I was playing a mono blue Tinker deck, I backed up every deal with the Duelist pricelist and started to sleave my rares, the good days were over.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh the days of elves-mirrors and Wellwishers making games impossible to win/lose.

If you don't wanna blow your money on cardboard that'll be worthless someday but still enjoy playing magic without the hassle of a-holes who netdeck caw-blade every fnm, I would suggest booster draft and sealed. Plus, the cards you gain from this can be sold for a profit (which can then be spent on drugs, the way God intended).

Last edited by AppleofEris on Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:53 am; edited 1 time in total
kronicwaste

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen
boeda

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

then play drafts and sealed online=)

The creativity used with the old decks is the same creativity needed to build a draft or sealed deck. You'll just need to lose some in the beginning just to know the new cards and strategies.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1