Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NPH T2: There are still invitationals/trials this summer

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
rdeg87

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What exactly are you trying to say. Whats the point of this post?
You made a sticky of a post with no relevance or content?
MassO

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too bad there is no one to monitor the monitor of the forums. Talk about a useless post. It could have been useful but first you didn't make any sense and then you rambled on about stuff that has nothing to do with your post.

If someone else would have posted this, it would have been locked and green writing all over it. Do us all a favor and do it to yourself.
Tao

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magic is getting harder. The game was honestly too easy for a while, but now it's actually earned that Mensa endorsement it got way back when. Piloting anything to a top 8 requires an insane amount of correct decision making, often on the fly. It's nice cuz nowyou can't expect to sit around and test all day to just build a perfect 75 and milk wins from that. Competitive magic has turned into a game where you either have what it takes or you need to work hard as hell to get there, instead of just a game of luck and matchups.

Yeah, caw go was/is dominating things, we know. The deck's decision trees are insane. With this ridiculous power level of cheap cards in standard in every color/type (stoneforge mystic/ preordain/ inquisition of kozilek/ lotus cobra/ goblin guide/ valakut/ batterskull) things happen fast and they are all going to be unforgiving if you stumble just a teensy bit. I'm sort of okay with the broken decks being really really hard to pilot 100% correctly, seeing as degenerate combo decks take that spot in other or past formats.

There's little room for error in tournaments now, which is exactly what magic players have been saying needs to happen in competitive magic. I really couldn't pinpoint when the change happened exactly, but in my magic playing lifespan (since scourge) magic has turned from a semi-competitive novelty fantasy/strategy game to a legitimate strategy card game that has almost the same level of interaction of high-stakes poker (without the free drinks obv)

I like it, but that doesn't change the fact that the Caw-Metagame sucked. And while wizards is doing a great job at reinventing the game and keeping it fresh and relative to the general player's skills, they really need to enforce rock-paper-scissors formats more, instead of this stupid new rule where they make one deck so stupidly powerful that the other decks need warp around it until the final set of the expansion is released to have any chance. Building all my decks with the same set of cards in mind is so damn boring. Faeries was meh, Jund was worse; Caw-Blade is an absolute mistake on their part.

And for the record, I don't think either Stoneforge Mystic or Squadron Hawk should have been printed as is. Everything else in the deck is fair except the stuff that costs 4+ mana, which is cool cuz the format is chock full of insane 1 and 2 drops anyway.
FrostFire

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Magic is getting harder. The game was honestly too easy for a while, but now it's actually earned that Mensa endorsement it got way back when. Piloting anything to a top 8 requires an insane amount of correct decision making, often on the fly. It's nice cuz nowyou can't expect to sit around and test all day to just build a perfect 75 and milk wins from that. Competitive magic has turned into a game where you either have what it takes or you need to work hard as hell to get there, instead of just a game of luck and matchups.

Yeah, caw go was/is dominating things, we know. The deck's decision trees are insane. With this ridiculous power level of cheap cards in standard in every color/type (stoneforge mystic/ preordain/ inquisition of kozilek/ lotus cobra/ goblin guide/ valakut/ batterskull) things happen fast and they are all going to be unforgiving if you stumble just a teensy bit. I'm sort of okay with the broken decks being really really hard to pilot 100% correctly, seeing as degenerate combo decks take that spot in other or past formats.

There's little room for error in tournaments now, which is exactly what magic players have been saying needs to happen in competitive magic. I really couldn't pinpoint when the change happened exactly, but in my magic playing lifespan (since scourge) magic has turned from a semi-competitive novelty fantasy/strategy game to a legitimate strategy card game that has almost the same level of interaction of high-stakes poker (without the free drinks obv)

Couldn't disagree more. Comparing Magic to poker( especially high stakes) is just LOL and insulting to anyone who makes a living from playing poker. If anything, when they changed the damage stacs with m10 they dulled the game down. While it did make th egame more user friendly I suppose, it lowered the level of skill needed to win tournaments. As evidence for this, how many repeat winners are there in magic? MTG's main attribute is luck, closely followed by patience.

How can you misplay caw-blade( if your semi-pro even)?
Tao

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FrostFire wrote:
jonproject wrote:

Couldn't disagree more. Comparing Magic to poker( especially high stakes) is just LOL and insulting to anyone who makes a living from playing poker. If anything, when they changed the damage stacs with m10 they dulled the game down. While it did make th egame more user friendly I suppose, it lowered the level of skill needed to win tournaments. As evidence for this, how many repeat winners are there in magic? MTG's main attribute is luck, closely followed by patience.

How can you misplay caw-blade( if your semi-pro even)?

congratulations on your new pokerstars.net account.
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL poker is worse than magic for luck, when youve waited an hour and half for one hand to nail this total donkey who has been playing every hand and some how winning. Finally getting your chips all in. vs said donkey AQ vs a6s two pair on the flop vs one pair 6 kicker and watching the total donkey hit a back door flush you realise that. At least in magic the donkey could still misplay his backdoor flush and lose.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still think this thread is absolutely meaningless...

English you have the biggest ramble in your first post, it could have opened simply with..."how do you think NPH affects t2" and ended it right there...instead this thread is now utterly useless.

This will be finalized when Sebas will attempt to troll and post something about me. Just remember Sebas...your sister
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1