Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stoneforge Affinity

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
ChrRome

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Stoneforge Affinity Reply with quote

Hi,
I was wondering what people thought of playing Stoneforge Mystic in Affinity. Here is a list that I put together:

4 Frogmite
4 Master of Etherium
4 Memnite
4 Ornithopter
4 Stoneforge Mystic
4 Vault Skirge
Creatures [24]

4 Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
Planeswalkers [4]

4 Cranial Plating
4 Mox Opal
3 Springleaf Drum
4 Thoughtcast
Spells [15]

4 Ancient Den
3 Blinkmoth Nexus
4 Darksteel Citadel
4 Seat of the Synod
2 Vault of Whispers
Lands [17]

Stoneforge being able to get Cranial Plating seems like a strong play, and can also open up some utility equipment on sb (Sword of Fire and Ice, Light and Shadow, Feast and Famine, etc).
I play Vault Skirge instead of Signal Pest because he dodges Mental Misstep and can hold Cranial Platings well (and he's an artifact I guess).
Please let me know what you think.

Thanks
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make the Deck Modern instead of Legacy.
BlackPen

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the lands are banned in modern =(. Also the deck looks like it does not have that boom i killed you in two turns power that affinity can have.
ChrRome

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's basically the stock list with Stoneforge instead of Myr Enforcer, so theoretically it should be even faster.
I was never really impressed with Signal Pest, but it could be correct to play him instead of Vault Skirge who just seems awful even though he fills the type of role I needed (a one drop flying artifact creature like Signal Pest while not getting hit by Mental Misstep).
Tao

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hex parasite has so much more utility than vault skirge
ChrRome

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He can't fly though.
Also are there many cards to take counters off of?
He can also be countered by Mental Misstep which is one of the main reasons I didn't want to play Signal Pest
I can only think of like Vial (which admittedly could be relevant), and Jace.
I like that Vault Skirge can always get attacks in because of it's flying, which works out really well with Cranial Plating and Ravager which I am considering running a 1 or 2 of in place of a land and Vault Skirge or Memnite.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vial, jace, elspeth, jitte, ravager, engineered explosives, coralhelm commander, chalice of the void, and ancestral visions (only if youre pro)
arcannys

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

memnites are awful in legacy affnity.
ChrRome

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Memnites are bad, but I don't really know what other card I could play that would fill a similar role.
mordraid007

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inkmoth nexus instead of blinkmoth should be nice. Poison counter and cranial plating go very well together.
ChrRome

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Javithyone wrote:
Obviously you need to play this fucking shit deck as you're a fucking noob rofl, faceroll deck for noob... fits you 100%.

Why would you reply to this thread? The last post before yours was in May.
I don't even play this deck, this was simply an idea that I turned into a decklist and posted here.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1