Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A suggestion and Serious problem!


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS)
Author Message
NoComp18



Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: A suggestion and Serious problem! Reply with quote

If somebody is in one tourney, joins another one, and misses the start time by 3 minutes or whatever the person shouldn't get a GAME LOSS!!!! How do you all expect to gain more players and make players happy about being in tournies by doing this??? Its bad when I am new here, Make it to finals, lost both matches against Mad03 (very close matches), then flip over to the next tourney and have to take a game loss for being late.... lol seriously? you all might want to consider changing this JANK rule.
Back to top
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 297

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you are new here it seems? You may have an old account, but apparently you never knew about timers? You should RESPECT the rules here regardless. Tardiness works the same in real life magic. The timers are set for 5/10 minutes online and 0/10 in person. If you are late, you are going to get one. It sucks but think of how the other person is just sitting there bored and waiting for their opponent. It's not fair to them to wait for you.
Secondly, we gain players just fine. I've been a part of this league for over 2 years and we have grown so much. It is the random ones, such as you, who decide you want to be some rager and think that simply if you dislike something and don't want to play here, that everyone else on earth is the same. Egocentrism doesn't work here. We play to play and test our decks, meaning we play by rules. Tardiness is obviously a rule. If you dislike any ruling, I'm sure you can appeal it, but if it is tardiness, I am MOST certain it won't be overturned, as you are just wasting everyone's time by appealing.
Many many players are able to play not just one mini after another, but MULTIPLE MATCHES at ONE TIME.
Also, will be sending in an admin to answer you as well, as I am sure they can discuss this further.
Back to top
JeZeus



Joined: 05 Sep 2004
Posts: 225

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good solution to your problem would be to only join 1 tourney or trial at a time. This way you can avoid being tardy to your matches and not receive any of those pesky game losses for it.
You would never enter the side draft as well as the trial you were planning on playing in real life, I don't see why it should be any different online?
Back to top
Weedmonkey



Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Posts: 324

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Players are entitled to playing a full round, not 30 or 40 minutes of a round. Tardiness is a penalty we mirror from the DCI Infraction Procedure Guide. If you cannot pay attention to two tournaments at once, don't play two tournaments at once.
Back to top
Strid3r



Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 295

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
First of all, you are new here it seems? You may have an old account, but apparently you never knew about timers? You should RESPECT the rules here regardless. Tardiness works the same in real life magic. The timers are set for 5/10 minutes online and 0/10 in person. If you are late, you are going to get one. It sucks but think of how the other person is just sitting there bored and waiting for their opponent. It's not fair to them to wait for you.
Secondly, we gain players just fine. I've been a part of this league for over 2 years and we have grown so much. It is the random ones, such as you, who decide you want to be some rager and think that simply if you dislike something and don't want to play here, that everyone else on earth is the same. Egocentrism doesn't work here. We play to play and test our decks, meaning we play by rules. Tardiness is obviously a rule. If you dislike any ruling, I'm sure you can appeal it, but if it is tardiness, I am MOST certain it won't be overturned, as you are just wasting everyone's time by appealing.
Many many players are able to play not just one mini after another, but MULTIPLE MATCHES at ONE TIME.
Also, will be sending in an admin to answer you as well, as I am sure they can discuss this further.


Cool nice reply
Back to top
NoComp18



Joined: 21 Nov 2005
Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: lol Reply with quote

No magic event is going to hole 2 Constructed tournies at the same time... maybe 1 tourney then after the tourney is completed, if there is/was to be another tourney then thats when it would be announced and ppl would start signing up... Im sure some of you all have been to PTQ's... I'd hope so...this is how it works though. So I guess the problem here is that the ppl running the tournies need to keep each other informed and not start the same type of tourney till the previous one is completed. I understand what you all mean about a timer, thats a must. Hopefully you all will work on this, if not then I might be a nobody here but I will be a nobody that isn't here anymore. Further flaming or retarded replies aren't necessary, after this reply I wont be returning to this read to read replies anyhow but instead will be in game hoping to see a change.
Back to top
Weedmonkey



Joined: 30 Sep 2004
Posts: 324

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what you're saying is that we're wrong and you're right because you're the one that joined two tournaments? Give over already. There is nobody to blame but yourself. We aren't forcing you to join two tournaments at once, and there is no reason that judges should have to wait 2-3 hours for one tournament to finish before opening another.

Don't try and put this back on Magic-League as a whole for your own mistakes.
Back to top
NahHolmes



Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Posts: 738

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The main problem here seems to be your tardiness. I can tell from your argument that you have a lot of problems related to being so tardy. Try showing up on time or only playing in one tournament. Either way I wouldn't come on the forums and complain about it, otherwise everyone will know how tardy you are being.
Back to top
xJudicatorx



Joined: 27 Aug 2007
Posts: 696

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turn it around NoComp. What if you were the person who was waiting for an opponent to show up? You would certainly expect them to be disqualified after a reasonable amount of time spent waiting for them to show up.

As for the idea of waiting until one tournament is finished to hold another, let's don't be ridiculous. Tournaments run simultaneously all the time(in real life as well as here). You can play one or the other - or even both - as long as you can actually play the matches for both. Certainly players here would not be happy if they missed one tournament by 5 minutes and had to wait 3 hours for another one. Nor would players be happy if losing in the first round meant you couldn't play again until the tournament was over.

Finally, you seem to think that M-L's rules should be changed to suit your whims. I'm well aware that you don't have a problem with game losses being issued for other people being tardy. You only have an issue with game losses being issued when you are tardy.
Back to top
Mad03
Level 1 Judge


Joined: 13 Oct 2004
Posts: 10

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwas not only playing you i was TCing the trial that t2 and was playing both simultaniously its basic if you cant multitask do one thing at a time
Back to top
Lynolf



Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think this calls for: GG. Mr. Green
Back to top
J_R



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Re: A suggestion and Serious problem! Reply with quote

NoComp18 wrote:
If somebody is in one tourney, joins another one, and misses the start time by 3 minutes or whatever the person shouldn't get a GAME LOSS!!!! How do you all expect to gain more players and make players happy about being in tournies by doing this??? Its bad when I am new here, Make it to finals, lost both matches against Mad03 (very close matches), then flip over to the next tourney and have to take a game loss for being late.... lol seriously? you all might want to consider changing this JANK rule.


if youre going to join 2 tournaments at once, then just play both matches at the same time, fucking simple. if you dont show up after 5 mins you get a game loss, same as the ptqs you mentioned.

why would tournies not hold 2 constructed tournaments at the same time, youve obviously never been to nats or gps, where they hold multiple side events at the same time so ur logic is just retarded as are you
Back to top
NahHolmes



Joined: 13 Jan 2005
Posts: 738

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: A suggestion and Serious problem! Reply with quote

J_R wrote:
NoComp18 wrote:
If somebody is in one tourney, joins another one, and misses the start time by 3 minutes or whatever the person shouldn't get a GAME LOSS!!!! How do you all expect to gain more players and make players happy about being in tournies by doing this??? Its bad when I am new here, Make it to finals, lost both matches against Mad03 (very close matches), then flip over to the next tourney and have to take a game loss for being late.... lol seriously? you all might want to consider changing this JANK rule.


if youre going to join 2 tournaments at once, then just play both matches at the same time, fucking simple. if you dont show up after 5 mins you get a game loss, same as the ptqs you mentioned.

why would tournies not hold 2 constructed tournaments at the same time, youve obviously never been to nats or gps, where they hold multiple side events at the same time so ur logic is just retarded as are you


I'm aware of several stores that have both a draft and T2 FNM simultaniously
Back to top
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 297

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must say I am very proud to see the ML community (at least small portioned) come together on this.
Also, PTQs do sometimes have multiple events of the same format go off. If they are 8-man pods, its frequent. Even the Open Series does at times.
Additionally, if you are refering to me for those "flaming or retarded replies" then i take great offence because i am merely defending this league and its people. if you want to flip everything to being something wrong by ur standards, then u have some issues that must be dealt with outside of this league. we enjoy having the minis we do when we do. i remember rather recently everyone complained when we had only a few minis a day rather than every few hours.
Back to top
Blancoke



Joined: 06 Aug 2006
Posts: 36

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2011 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, are you serious? In real life you can't play 2 tournaments at the same time either.

I just realize that this community doesn't want JANK-players like you so who cares.

and
- you can just play 2 matches at the same time with mws
- once at fnm i drafted for me and a friend at the same time (different pods, he was 25 min late), that was quite funny, since both decks sucked bigtimeeeee
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Workstation (MWS) All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy