Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GB Fauna Pod

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:59 am    Post subject: GB Fauna Pod Reply with quote

I have been trying to get this list to work but I am out of my league when it comes to balancing things in a deck for tempo.

This deck seems to make me lose way too much and yet on paper has tons of answers that i either never draw on time or never see when i need them. I'll get starting hands like fuana with no creatures and land mull then get a worse hand. or I get stalled out by land flood or the opposite. I can't seem to get a break with this deck. Maybe its the construction that's wrong. It wins in mwsplay but scrubs hard when I bring it to trials and mini's.

I have no love for it, but, I thought i give you guys a look at it maybe it's no all that bad just needs right numbers but, I think Magic is burning me out.

GB Fuana pod
--------------

// Lands
9 [MBS] Swamp (1)
2 [MBS] Inkmoth Nexus
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs
4 [MBS] Forest (1)
4 [WWK] Tectonic Edge

// Creatures
3 [ZEN] Lotus Cobra
4 [M11] Fauna Shaman
1 [SOM] Skithiryx, the Blight Dragon
3 [NPH] Phyrexian Obliterator
1 [SOM] Precursor Golem
3 [ROE] Vengevine
3 [MBS] Phyrexian Crusader
2 [M11] Acidic Slime
1 [MBS] Massacre Wurm

// Spells
3 [NPH] Birthing Pod
3 [M11] Doom Blade
3 [NPH] Dismember
3 [NPH] Beast Within
1 [M11] Liliana Vess
3 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [MBS] Massacre Wurm
SB: 3 [ZEN] Disfigure
SB: 1 [M11] Baneslayer Angel
SB: 3 [NPH] Surgical Extraction
SB: 3 [NPH] Hex Parasite
SB: 3 [ROE] Consume the Meek

The Breakdown

This deck rolls to swords of feast and famine so I added some md hate for the sword.

Beast within
dismember
and acidic slimes

Fauna shaman is suppose to fetch vengvines and other answers to beat down with.

with the addition of NPH birthing pod i thought this deck would round out to awlays searching for an answer and upping the pressure.

I tailored it to beat valakut w/ techtonic edges and slimes with vengvines or skittles for the win.

But, I can't seem to pilot this to even beat rnd 1 randomness like tokens and mono red speed decks. so i added massacre worm and lotus cobra for a way to get them down to vengevine reach.

:/
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck probably benefits from using Birds of Paradise. Not only is it good turn1 but it's a cheap creature to recur the Vengevines.
Also, if you are concerned with Sword of Feast and Famine, why don't you include some Viridian Corrupter in the maindeck? You can fetch them via Shaman/Pod and they fit in your poison plan.
Another thing you might want to do is modify that mana ba. You are being way too greedy with the Inkmoth Nexus, which aren't that good in your deck as you don't run any equipment. I guess you want to have more chances to kill via poison, but I'd rather have the mana to cast the green drops like Lotus Cobra or Fauna Shaman turn2 and still being able to cast Phyrexian Crusader turn3.
Another card which is a must in this kind of decks is Skinrender. You run 6 removals maindeck, but Skinrender is nowhere to be found in maindeck/sideboard Sad
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, I think the deck needs at least 4birthing pods. It is one of the key cards of the deck, see no reason for 3slot. In fact I see way too many 3slots, Obliterator should be a 1x at the most in this kind of a deck. I would probably drop 2 of them to add in Skinrender, and either molten tail masticore or perhaps Thrun. I wouldn't say anything against using 1x sheoldred either, seems pretty good in this deck.

Mainly you need to decided which of the non-creature spells you REALLY want to see and make them 4slots, while getting rid of the ones you 'like' but aren't 'optimal' and move them into your side.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloodghasts should be in the list regarless of it being vampires or not I think
ManaLeak

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the insight i will test with the new suggestions and hopefully bring this closer to being optimal and hopefully run a little faster/smoother.

2/3 Dismember
-1 Obliterator
-1 Skith
-3 Crusader
-1 Massacre Wurm
-1 Slime
-0/1 Beast Within
-1 Lilliana (seems very meh)
-2 Inkmoth
-1 Tectonic Edge
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1