Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Emeria Control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
rdeg87

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Emeria Control Reply with quote

With all the noise being made about these new mono white life gain decks, there seems to be an underlying consensus that the real deck behind this is Emeria control.
From the varied noise I've been hearing, Cawblade has a horrible time dealing with Emeria Angel, and often Emeria, the Sky Ruin. The back bone of the deck seems to be Emeria Angel, Day of Judgement, Gideon and Sun Titans.
My question is, does anyone actually have an established decklist for this deck or has the noise surrounding it been greatly exaggerated
Tao

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a list available, but caw blade can't win through condemns and day of judgments backed by gideon jura, sun titan and emeria, the sky ruin. emeria angel is just huge card advantage that they can't answer well (they play nearly no removal). and if they do start running removal, their deck is so diluted that you just win by going to turn 10 and getting emeria, the sky ruin online, even through sun titan in case it gets tech edge'd.

if you played Reflecting Pool Control and remember the Reveillark Control matchup, you know what I'm talking about. They just trump you on all stages of the game without any extra effort in terms of deck design.

basically, you can just play the best white control cards (sun titan, gideon jura, condemn, day of judgment, emeria the sky ruin) and tune it from there. stoneforge mystic + squadron hawk fits the curve well and gives you a mid-game and late-game plan if you wanna play them, or you have tons of removal to choose from that can be backed by more planeswalkers and tap-out threats.

i think the combo version is dope because it is able to trump caw blade AND deceiver exarch shenanigans (soul warden effects), while having tons of pressure available for ub control(mystic+hawk combo, plus the actual combo), the "oops i win" combo potential to race valakut game 1 (plus great board options, thanks to being in white) and it demolishes any creature/burn decks like mono white should, even before boarding. it really doesn't have any bad matchups, and like caw-blade, it does just enough unfair things on enough difficult-to-fight angles to be tough to hate out without making your deck cold to everyone else (at least for the moment)

it is a ridiculously hard deck to play though, so i wouldn't say its going to be the end-all-be-all, but the general idea is definitely something worth considering
rdeg87

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya thats the stuff I've been hearing about it alright, but I've yet to see a list surface. Either someone is keeping this under their hat on purpose or it just isnt putting in the results. I would throw something together but if the deck exists then someone has already put in the time and effort and come up with the core of the deck
Tao

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I saw the list in an article, prob flores or silvestri, that qualified someone that looked pretty spicey. there wasn't any sick tech in it, the deck is just really underrated.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1