Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Type 2- Deck for my local FNM standard tourney

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
tanostangy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Type 2- Deck for my local FNM standard tourney Reply with quote

My local card shop is holding a type 2 standard FNM Tourney. The decks to beat are Tezzeret- control, and caw blade.
I made this decklist to try and counter those decks.
here is the deck list- (I also have to not play money cards because I don't have them)

8 Island
5 Swamp
1 Mystifying maze
4 drowned catacomb
4 darkslick shores
1 creeping tar pit
3 Jace Beleren
3 Stoic Rebuttal
3 mana leak
3 into the roil
3 Inquisition of kozilek
2 black sun's zenith
2 Go for the Throat
3 Grasp of Darkness
3 memoricide
2 blue sun's zenith
2 mimic vat
3 tumble magnet
2 contagion clasp
1 volition reins
2 Wurmcoil Engine

Please Comment and tell me what I might want to switch out.
Also I have no clue what to play as a sideboard.
Thank you.
pg8

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think memoricide or mimic vat will really help you against either of those decks.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some of your maindeck should be sideboared.

I like 5 turn 1 hand disruption, i'd add 2 duress.

This deck needs 4 mana leak to combat aggro. 4/2 stoic split imo. Leak is slightly better against what you need to be good against vs cawblade and tezz too. You want to get late anyway, so no need to bolster your lategame with too many hard counters.

Grasp of darkness isn't very good. I'd run disfigure instead.

Blue zenith is just ok. I'd cut it personally.

Skinrender or vampire knighthawk are good midrange plays if you're looking for that sort of thing. Keep the sword out of the way and knighthawk is sweet.

I'd just play more volition reins. Not enough tarpits to ensure you're dealing them 20 and its a cheap enough card to find. Also Consecrated Sphynx runs for like 2-3 bucks and is actually worth a slot or two in full budget UB control. It's insane sometimes.

Run the full 4 magnet. Magnet is the best answer to magnet, surprisingly.

Sideboard more duress since you don't have jace, move the memoricide there as well. I'd have some skinrenders vs aggro and then against cawblade/tezz vampire hexmage is very good (esp with mimic vat). I'd run 4 if those are the problem decks.
tanostangy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for the help, I think I am going to make the changes you suggested.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1