Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card: Round 32

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
zebo_88

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:16 am    Post subject: Create a Card: Round 32 Reply with quote

Whoa this time i made it by winning the match! Very Happy
So guys, I hope this will please you:

Create a card with multiple options (such as "command" and "charm" cards, cards with entwine, etc.) You may also introduce some new mechanic if you like, but it should be clear and not too broken. It can be any color/colors. It seems the best card types for this match are instant and sorcery but if you have good ideas that fit the guidelines feel free to use other card types.

Judging criteria:
Simplicity: 3 points
Balance: 4 points
Originality: 4 points
Playability: 4 points
Fun: 3 points (cause I think fun is a bit subjective, so a card that's funny for me may be boring for someone else so i think it would be more "neutral" to give less points to this)
Flavour: 2 points (a card with multiple options hardly gives space for flavour text, so this won't penalize people who will create long text cards; one point is for card name and one for flavour text)

Total: 20

Note: please post only one card for person, i will judge only the first card for each player.

If you have perplexities don't mind telling me.

I will judge probably in the night between tuesday 4/19 and wednesday 4/20, but if I fall asleep i will judge on wednesday afternoon about 6-7pm cet. Good work and have fun everyone!
Rag_garn

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conscience dilemma 2WB
Instant - Rare

Choose one - Destroy target creature it can't be regenerated or Return target creature card that was put into your graveyard this turn to the battlefield under your control.

"To save one for your own sake, or destroy one for many others"

Last edited by Rag_garn on Sun Apr 17, 2011 6:40 am; edited 1 time in total
Gademis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knight of Whim WW1 -/- BB1

Creature - Human Knight (R)

First Strike, Protection From Black -/- First Strike, Protection from White

B, Pay 1 Life: Shift Knight of Whim -/- W, Tap an untapped creature you control: Shift Knight of Whim

"Next time I'm going to pick something blue, or maybe red, or not!"

2/2

The idea is a double creature that can shift from one to the other and can be cast as any initialy. So left from "-/-" is the white version and right is the black version.
InWaking

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Contagious Prosperity U2
Sorcery (Rare)

Choose one: target player draws a card for each card that player has drawn this turn or target player draws a card for each card they have discarded this turn.
Do both if the entwine cost was paid if the entwine cost was paid that players opponents may draw up to X cards. X is equal to the amount of cards that could be drawn from this spell this turn by the target of this spell.

Entwine U Discard 3 cards.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am having issues wording this card the way I want to but I wanted to make a card that could have serious combo potential but could also be fun in "commander". It seems very wordy.
I gotta run out of the door so I cannot explain further thank you
Fidelis

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock and Roll 2W
Sorcery - Rare

Choose one - Put a 4/4 White Wall token with defender into play or you get an emblem with "Creatures with defender you control may attack as though they didn't have defender." If you paid the entwine cost choose both.

Entwine 1

"How does it feel to be on your own"
MassO

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Abortion Charm 1UU (Uncommon)

Instant

Remove target creature spell that has been cast by an opponent from the stack and put it into his or her graveyard.

Rebirth (2WW)

Put that creature into play under your control instead of his or her graveyard.

"With every creature born there is another thrown away, some that have been thrown away, have came back to seek revenge" The unwanted
--------------------------------------------
basically rebirth works like entwine except you have to have played the first spell first before activating the rebirth effect.
fr3dom07

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shake it baby 5WRGBU
Sorcery (Mythic Rare)

Choose 1- Win the game or Lose the Game

"-Who are you???
-Who am I???"

I gave to this card the seriousness that "create a card" competitions have obtain lately..... Sad
Jacois

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tezzeret's Bauble 1
Artifact *common*
When Tezzeret's Bauble comes into play, tap or untap target artifact creature or land.
T, sacrifice Tezzeret's Bauble : Tap or untap target artifact creature or land.
"Simplistic in design, complex in execution." - Tezzeret, Agent of Bolas
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CARD:
Quote:

Vicius Pyrexia 3RB
Creature - Horror (Rare)

Infect
Sacrifice Vicius Pyrexia: Choose one, if an opponent is poisoned choose two instead - Target player discards card at random; or destroy target tapped creature; or Vicius Pyrexia deals damage equal to its power to target player; or creatures you control gain infect.

Thought is an infection. In the case of certain thoughts, it becomes an epidemic.
2/1

Note: pyrexia(not a typo) - a rise in the temperature of the body; frequently a symptom of infection.
B and R are phyrexian, can be paid with mana or 2 life

Last edited by ikazuchi on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:27 pm; edited 5 times in total
boeda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Myr Lensbearer - 4

Rare

Artifact Creature - Myr

When Myr Lensbearer enters the battlefield:

-You put a 1/1 green Wolf creature token onto the battlefield for every G you paid to cast Myr Lensbearer.
-You gain 2 life for every W you paid to cast Myr Lensbearer.
-Target opponent loses 1 life for every B you paid to cast Myr Lensbearer.
-Target creature gets 1 damage for every R you paid to cast Myr Lensbearer.
-Tap target creature or artifact for every U you paid to cast Myr Lensbearer.

Though the Myr are half the power they used to be under the reign of the legendary Memnarch, they are still a force to be reckoned with.

1/1
LlamaTrauma

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Donkey Punch 2R
instant

Donkey Punch deals 3 damage to target creature and that creature becomes tapped, and Donkey Punch deals 2 damage to that creatures controller.

"DONKEY PUNCH!"
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarkhan, Dragon Apprentice RR
Legendary Creature - Human R
Haste
(R/G): Choose one: target red creature gets haste until end of turn; or, target green creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

2/2

Last edited by Tao on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lexical Awakening 2ur

Instant (rare)

Choose 2, Return a creature you control to your hand draw 2 cards, Tap target creature you control it deals damage equal to its power to target creature, Target creature gets +3 +0 and first strike until end of turn, Target creature gets +2 +0 and flying until end of turn.

'Language itself constrains thought, Europeans view time flowing from left to right, Hebrews from right to left, Chinese people see time as a vertical phenomenon and finally Americans are only aware of 3 times, breakfast time, lunch time and dinner time.'
kumagmd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mediocre Gains
2WW
Instant - Uncommon
Choose two: Target creature gains protection from a card type until end of turn, creatures you control gain first strike until end of turn, tap up to two target creatures, or you gain 3 life.
Overcharge: WW (if you pay the Overcharge cost, you may choose all four.
"Many little gains add up to big gains, 'no?" - Kumagmd, Goblin Mafia Mastermind
Eldar

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
Phyrexian Gouger PPPP
Creature - Horror (mythic)
({P} may be paid for with either {B} or 2 life.)
When Phyrexian Gouger enters the battlefield, choose target opponent. That player loses life equal to the amount of life spent to cast Phyrexian Gouger and sacrifices a number of permanents equal to the amount of {B} spent to cast Phyrexian Gouger.
5/5

So this is a 5/5 for BBBB that makes your opponent sacrifice 4 permanents potentially on turn 3-4? Or it is a 5/5 for 8 life that automatically makes your opponent lose 8 life and could potentially happen on turn 1? That doesn't seem broken or anything. I think the idea is interesting however you need to either reduce the amount of opponent life loss or the amount of permanents to sacrifice. On top of that you should probably make the card's p/t less to be more balanced or even change the mana cost to like 2PP or something so that people cannot abuse the life loss or amount of lost permanents. Because even on turn 3 if you drop this guy off say a birds of paradise your opponent may have at max 5 permanents in play and making them sac 4 seems broken.

I bring this up because I was thinking of a similar type of card to be played with hybrid life mana like yours.

Phyrexian Seer 1P
Creature - Zombie Wizard (Uncommon)
({P} May be paid for with either {B} or 2 life.)

When Phyrexian Seer enters the battlefield target player discards a card for each {B} used to cast Phyrexian Seer or target player draws a card for each 2 life used to cast Phyrexian Seer.

"Most wizards thrive in their search for wisdom while others become corrupted by it." - Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir

1/1

I think that at its current mana cost it would be a more playable card as it is more versatile and yet simplistic however I could see it also costing 1PP and perhaps being a 2/1, 1/2, or 1/1 although to me that tips the scales of power a little too much for older formats.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3