Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a card round 24

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:39 am    Post subject: Create a card round 24 Reply with quote

I like the judging for the last round. (obv) I will judge based on how I feel about it. To guide you in your submissions, I will tell you that I appreciate simplicity. This doesn't mean I like boring cards. I'm also a Johnny/Spike, so maybe that will help you when deciding which direction to go. I also despise Planeswalkers in these Create a Card things, so if you're going to make a walker, just be aware I'll judge harshly.

Round 24 : Create a Red, Green or White card that draws at least 1 card and is above average but balanced. Make sure to keep the colour pie in mind! Judging in 24 hours!
DoomShadow

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bringing At All Costs (Rare)
2RG - Instant
Split Second

Reveal the top card of your library. If it's mana cost is equal or higher than 4, put it into play, and lose life equal to it's converted mana cost. If it's cost isnt higher than 4, but is still a creature, draw a card. If it is not a creature, you lose 6 life and discard 2 cards.

"I Don't care sacrificing whatever is needed to bring to myself whatever I need."

Sarkhan, the mad.

Last edited by DoomShadow on Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Tao

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pray 3WW
Sorcery - Rare

Destroy all nonland permanents. Then, the player with the most cards in his or her graveyard draws a card at the beginning of the next end step. If two or more players tie for most cards, then each of those players draws a card.
KnowN

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shattered Sunrise | 2RR
Sorcery - Rare

Choose Two - Destroy target land; or Deal 4 damage to target creature; or Deal 4 damage to target player; or creatures you control gain +2/+0 and First Strike until end of turn; or discard your hand and draw 3 cards.

There are those who worship the sun and then there are those who make the sun worship them
fr3dom07

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

keeper of balance GRW
creature-elf shaman, Rare

Whenever you cast a green spell, you may draw a card

Whenever you cast a red spell you may deal 2 damage to target creature

Whenever you cast a white spell you may gain 3 life

"It is hard to keep the balance in the world of behemoths"

1/4
spudfuss2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Penny's wrath RR
Instant
Deal 4 damage to target creature.
Cycling- Pay two life.

"This will kill the beast or we will find another way."

Quick note penny is my dog
Duodax

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terisiare's Return

1G - Sorcery UC

Return target land card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Draw a card.
zebo_88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Short-Temper Murlodon 1RG
Creature-Beast (uncommon)
Trample
When Short-Temper Murlodon enters the battlefield, draw a card.
When Short-Temper Murlodon leaves the battlefield, discard a card.
"They may be quiet and meek when a leaf detaches from a branch and fall into rage when it reaches the ground" -Garruk Wildspeaker
3/1

i wrote the flavour using google translator (i'm italian), so maybe it hasn't a lot of poetry...
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melira's Wish 2G
Sorcery (Rare)

You may choose a creature card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Exile Melira's Wish.

Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.

A goal without a plan is just a wish.
-Melira
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boros Rage-Crafter (R/W)(R/W)

Creature - Goblin uncommon

When Boros Rage-Crafter enters the battlefield, you may deal damage to target creature or player equal to the number of red permanents you control.

When Boros Rage-Crafter leaves the battlefield, draw a card.

2/1
kronicwaste

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kristoffer, the Magic Weed Dragon 2<G><R>W>

Legendary Creature- Magic Weed Dragon

Haste, Firstrike, Trample

When Kristoffer, the Magic Weed Dragon does damage to an opponent, discad your hand and draw 7 cards.

3/3

"Come, puff, and your mind will be opened to new meanings."
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DoomShadow wrote:
Bringing At All Costs (Rare)
2RG - Instant
Split Second

Reveal the top card of your library. If it's mana cost is equal or higher than 4, put it into play, and lose life equal to it's converted mana cost. If it's cost isnt higher than 4, but is still a creature, draw a card. If it is not a creature, you lose 6 life and discard 2 cards.

"I Don't care sacrificing whatever is needed to bring to myself whatever I need."

Sarkhan, the mad.

Well, I see you edited it so that you can potentially draw a card, so my hilarious orginal comment is moot. So.... This card is just all over the place and seems very confusing. you will not win. F

jonproject wrote:
Pray 3WW
Sorcery - Rare

Destroy all nonland permanents. Then, the player with the most cards in his or her graveyard draws a card at the beginning of the next end step. If two or more players tie for most cards, then each of those players draws a card.

Ugh. This card is just weird. I guess it's alright. I don't get why you have to wait to draw the card. Seems unnecessarily wordy. B-

KnowN wrote:
Shattered Sunrise | 2RR
Sorcery - Rare

Choose Two - Destroy target land; or Deal 4 damage to target creature; or Deal 4 damage to target player; or creatures you control gain +2/+0 and First Strike until end of turn; or discard your hand and draw 3 cards.

There are those who worship the sun and then there are those who make the sun worship them

Or counter target spell, or Destroy target artifact... just what the heck were you thinking when you made this thing? D

fr3dom07 wrote:
keeper of balance GRW
creature-elf shaman, Rare

Whenever you cast a green spell, you may draw a card

Whenever you cast a red spell you may deal 2 damage to target creature

Whenever you cast a white spell you may gain 3 life

"It is hard to keep the balance in the world of behemoths"

1/4

Seems really good, I like it. Much better than the crappy GRW rare creatures in Shards block. A-

spudfuss2 wrote:
Penny's wrath RR
Instant
Deal 4 damage to target creature.
Cycling- Pay two life.

"This will kill the beast or we will find another way."

Quick note penny is my dog

I like simplicity, not boringnicity. You won't win but I'll give you a B simply cause it's playable.

DoomBr1nger wrote:
Insult or Injury | WW

Enchantment (Rare)

Creatures you control get +1/+0.

If a source you control would deal 3 or more damage to an opponent, you may prevent it and draw a card instead.

Finesse isn't always subtle.

Woah, I love it! Seems like an overpowered card that a LOT of people will fuck up on. Love it. A

Duodax wrote:
Terisiare's Return

1G - Sorcery UC

Return target land card from your graveyard to the battlefield.
Draw a card.

LOL, fucking great card! I haven't seen all the cards posted after this (I'm judging as I read them), but I can't imagine this card not winning. I love it. A++

zebo_88 wrote:
Short-Temper Murlodon 1RG
Creature-Beast (uncommon)
Trample
When Short-Temper Murlodon enters the battlefield, draw a card.
When Short-Temper Murlodon leaves the battlefield, discard a card.
"They may be quiet and meek when a leaf detaches from a branch and fall into rage when it reaches the ground" -Garruk Wildspeaker
3/1

i wrote the flavour using google translator (i'm italian), so maybe it hasn't a lot of poetry...

Very nice, I really like it, just not as much as the last card. Sorry dude. A

ikazuchi wrote:
Melira's Wish 2G
Sorcery (Rare)

You may choose a creature card you own from outside the game, reveal that card, and put it into your hand. Exile Melira's Wish.

Draw a card at the beginning of the next turn's upkeep.

A goal without a plan is just a wish.
-Melira

Simple, elegant, playable and completely unoriginal. F

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Boros Rage-Crafter (R/W)(R/W)

Creature - Goblin uncommon

When Boros Rage-Crafter enters the battlefield, you may deal damage to target creature or player equal to the number of red permanents you control.

When Boros Rage-Crafter leaves the battlefield, draw a card.

2/1

Nothing like a monowhite 2/1 Sparkmage. Give me a break, F stands for Fail. F

ck3gds wrote:
Primal Berserker | 2RG
Creature - Human Berserker (rare)
When Primal Berserker enters the battlefield or attacks, draw a card, then reveal a card at random from your hand. If you reveal a creature card this way, creatures you control get +X/+X until end of turn, where X is the revealed card's converted mana cost.
3/1

Edit: Forgot about the draw-a-card criteria! Razz

Well lucky for you I didn't read it until after the edit. But really, it seems.... Too powerful (which is ok) and too boring (which is a big no no). F

kronicwaste wrote:
Kristoffer, the Magic Weed Dragon 2<G><R>W>

Legendary Creature- Magic Weed Dragon

Haste, Firstrike, Trample

When Kristoffer, the Magic Weed Dragon does damage to an opponent, discad your hand and draw 7 cards.

3/3

"Come, puff, and your mind will be opened to new meanings."

F

And there ya have it! Duodax wins with his simple, elegant, potentially overpowered ripoff of Explore! Congrats! I hope I didn't offend anyone with my accurate comments.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why the fuck would anyone want to play against a five mana sunscour that guarantees you draw a card? Fucking think a little bit, stupid, it's a balanced drawback that punishes slow control decks for trying to hinge defense on said card.

Again, try thinking.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonproject wrote:
Why the fuck would anyone want to play against a five mana sunscour that guarantees you draw a card? Fucking think a little bit, stupid, it's a balanced drawback that punishes slow control decks for trying to hinge defense on said card.

Again, try thinking.

I'm sorry for upsetting you. If I had known how emotionally invested you were in winning a "create a card" thread, I would have given you the win just so you don't commit suicide. Make sure to PM me your concerns and expectations next time I win one of these things that are irrellevant, just so that I don't unintentionnally become that straw that makes the camel commit suicide.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
jonproject wrote:

Again, try thinking.

I'm sorry for upsetting you. If I had known how emotionally invested you were in winning a "create a card" thread, I would have given you the win just so you don't commit suicide. Make sure to PM me your concerns and expectations next time I win one of these things that are irrellevant, just so that I don't unintentionnally become that straw that makes the camel commit suicide.
\

DAAaAAAMN SON U JUST MADE AN iNET ASSUMTION ABOUT ME

that takes balls, i respect that.

next time you do this shit, try taking a fucking hint from me, seeing as i tell you why you fuck up every time you judge, in hope that you might learn from it. pretending to keep your cool over internet while telling people they wanna commit suicide is the same bullshit as the loser kid who no one liked in high school who calls everyone a fag or a homo.

we all know he loves the cock, so just fucking admit it already.

edit:: sorry i'm always so rough around the edges, i'm just trying to save yer life.

Last edited by Tao on Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2