Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Not like I'm used to playing.

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would recommend you play Scars of Mirrodin Sealed Deck. Sealed Deck is the slowest format of Magic where you do focus on creatures.

In relation to speed, after 8 turns (rounds) in most formats it is generally pretty clear who will win the game. This was true 10 years ago and it is true today.

Quote:
To me magic was allways about building a frontline while your opponent does the same and hoping that they don't put something out that you don't have an answer for

I'll say that's one interpretation of what Magic is about but it is not the only one.

In short: play Sealed Deck or do Draft (in #draft4you). The Limited formats seem to be the kind of game you are looking for.

Limited is also better than Constructed (in my opinion).
Pushover

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sealed or draft is much more so about having a board position with creatures. As people don't have an infinite cardpool to make a deck out of, they cannot make super crazy decks, and it becomes both players trying to get small advantages to beat the other guy.
DoomShadow

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drafting / Sealed also improves deck building skills.
Tumbles

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more restrictive the card pool the slower the format will tend to be, if you don't like turn 2 8 guys stuff
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1