Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

GW tokens

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ishocrone

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:19 pm    Post subject: GW tokens Reply with quote

Ok back again,

After sadly learning my mistake of deckbuilding without knowing the meta I changed the WW knight deck to a WG deck. In testing I've beat UWb Caw-go,RDW, Tezzeret control, Proliferate control, Valkut. I want to test the UW caw go to see how that mu is but so far so good Smile.

Without further ado the decklist,
\
// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [SOM] Plains (2)
2 [MBS] Contested War Zone
3 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
4 [ZEN] Forest (4a)

// Creatures
4 [MBS] Hero of Bladehold
4 [ZEN] Emeria Angel
4 [ZEN] Lotus Cobra
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise
4 [M11] Primeval Titan
4 [ROE] Wall of Omens
4 [ROE] Overgrown Battlement

// Spells
2 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument
2 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
1 [ZEN] Conqueror's Pledge
2 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument
SB: 3 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker
SB: 2 [SOM] Asceticism
SB: 4 [M11] Leyline of Vitality
SB: 3 [MBS] Thrun, the Last Troll
SB: 2 [MBS] Divine Offering

// Lands

So I need help building a better mana base the only change I don't want is the contested war zone there great to fetch with titan for final kill.
4 [SOM] Plains (2)
4 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
4 [ZEN] Misty Rainforest
4 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
4 [ZEN] Forest (4a)

// Creatures
4 [MBS] Hero of Bladehold- Creatures tokens and for 2ww able to cast on turn 3 and then attack with birds or lotus for 9-10 damage is pretty nice on turn 4.

4 [ZEN] Emeria Angel- Very nice for token producing evasion is what makes this card golden. Only problem is my mana package which i will explain later idk if im making emeria effective enough.

4 [M11] Primeval Titan- If it makes it through the turn titan wins games by himself but often or not i find myself using him for mana excel and then having an opp waste a removal on him.

Mana package
Explanation I choose the defender route why because so many ww and rdw decks out there wall of omens helps me make it till i have something online often youll find your cobra getting killed by burn spells or your birds getten eaten by clamps but I could change this mana package to harrow khalni if needed anyones opinions would be great.

4 [ROE] Wall of Omens- Pretty much a thinner in the deck, blocks early creatures, and pumps overgrown bad things about wall is its a dead card late game which is why im thinking of adding man lands and going the harro khalni route to help make emeria more proficient.
4 [ROE] Overgrown Battlement- Often you'll find yourself only having him add g to your mana pool but with multiples or wall of omens out is great card
4 [ZEN] Lotus Cobra- Insane with garruk crazy turns with titan just well lotus is crazy as usual
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise- questionable on this spot if i should run jorga instead but birds has the evasion and often or not battle cry, garruk,elderazi monument so idk still stuck

// Supporting Spells aka finishers
2 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument- G2 I usually side with all the artifact hate around and ppl think im playing eldrazi, overall this card is very nice wondering if i should add a third.
2 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel- Don't know why ppl dont play elspeth helps vrs rdw with life gain also with garruk they go together pretty well its final ability haven't activated alot but it has won me 2 games.
1 [ZEN] Conqueror's Pledge- The singleton was 2 at one point but i made room for another titan this card is very nice and alot of ppl don't expect it i usually save it after the board is wrathed and with monument or garruk great.
2 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker- now in testing this is a great card find myself using all of his abilitys to get me to 6 mana turn 4 titan and so forth. I'm wondering if i should make room for more garruk.

// Sideboard
My sideboard needs work i do say so myself.

SB: 1 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument- The third is great vrs vampires other deck that can't handle a landed monument i usually side it in vrs control deck 2.
SB: 3 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker- vrs CAW this card has helped me out i want to further test but this is working for me let me know what you think i might make this 4x
SB: 2 [SOM] Asceticism- often g2 i side out the monuments for this against creature removal
SB: 4 [M11] Leyline of Vitality- RDW testing this is my answer wanted kor but the leyline is very nice even late game.
SB: 3 [MBS] Thrun, the Last Troll- WHAT a beast this card has been thinking of adding mirran crusader instead but thrun has proven worthy against alot of decks side in vrs control and aggro decks
SB: 2 [MBS] Divine Offering- Probally gonna remove this for the 2gg spell that kills all artifacts let me know what yah guys think

so theres the deck and the break down hope im not breaking forum rules let me know what you think so far in testing won 1 mini and a bunch of games on mws but mws players can well jump off a cliff worst place to playtest anything. thanks and kudos for anyone that gives decent sugs
ozmosis

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

List seems really cool, just a few thoughts:

No avenger? seems like it would fit perfectly in here. Green sun as well.

I'm twisted about having the lotus, emeria angel and all the fetchlands. I think maybe you should stick with the defender route, maybe even allow you to side stuf like wall of tanglechord. Luts just seems so vulnerable to all the agressive decks these days and might often be countered vs control. I would consider going the route of like tectonic edges and stirrling wildwoods instead of all the fetchlands. ramp decks that search tectonics pretty much can destroy any deck playing nonbasic lands that is slower. This is devastating to play against. Stirring wildwood can be untapped with garruk, used as an attacker and also protect garruk with reach ability from flyers.

This might allow you to cut down on the birds or lotus cobra at least and add maybe Green sun Zenith. Green sun will allow you to find battlements, birds or whatever you need early. Cutting down on drawing something like lotus or birds late game which would suck. Green sun lets you find whatever you want Big creatures for late game or early ramping AND gets shuffled back into library. I would definately consider this.

If your sticking with fetchlands which im not sure about or even not, I would definately have 1-2 avengers in there. With primeval anyways and the eldrazi monument I can't see any downside to running this beast. I would even consider throwing in an overwhelm stampede as one off, possibly replacing one of the monuments. All you need is one decent guy and a bunch of tokens to basically win the game. Avenger also has great synergy with Elspeth Tirel vs agro decks for life gain. Boarding in Green sun in addition to allowing you to maybe cut some slots of birds/cobra can allow you better siding options. Ex) much easier to side stuff like obstinat baloth, thrun, acid slime as one offs when you are running some suns.
NaTaSCoPuS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is my version of the same i think it may run a little better then the list you posted give it a try and let me know

// Lands
4 [MBS] Forest (1)
2 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
3 [MBS] Plains (1)
4 [SOM] Razorverge Thicket
4 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
2 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
3 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
3 [ZEN] Emeria Angel
4 [ZEN] Lotus Cobra
4 [ROE] Nest Invader

// Spells
3 [ZEN] Beastmaster Ascension
3 [M11] Cultivate
1 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument
3 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
4 [WWK] Explore
3 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
3 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
3 [MBS] White Sun's Zenith

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [M11] Day of Judgment
SB: 3 [SOM] Leonin Arbiter
SB: 3 [M11] Leyline of Sanctity
SB: 3 [WWK] Nature's Claim
SB: 3 [M11] Obstinate Baloth
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: GW Avenger Deck Reply with quote

I think using 2 Avenger of Zendikars would be good synergy with the Primeval Titans, Elspeth Tiriel, and Contested Warzone.
ozmosis

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've modified your list abit and am happy with the success. Here is where I am at.

// Lands
4 [SOM] Plains (2)
4 [M11] Sunpetal Grove
4 [ZEN] Forest (4a)
4 [WWK] Stirring Wildwood
4 [WWK] Tectonic Edge

// Creatures
2 [MBS] Hero of Bladehold
3 [ZEN] Emeria Angel
4 [M11] Birds of Paradise
4 [M11] Primeval Titan
4 [ROE] Wall of Omens
4 [ROE] Overgrown Battlement
1 [MBS] Thrun, the Last Troll
1 [WWK] Avenger of Zendikar
1 [M11] Baneslayer Angel

// Spells
1 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument
2 [SOM] Elspeth Tirel
2 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
3 [MBS] Green Sun's Zenith
2 [ZEN] Khalni Heart Expedition
1 [M11] Overwhelming Stampede

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [MBS] Thrun, the Last Troll
SB: 1 [ZEN] Eldrazi Monument
SB: 3 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker
SB: 2 [SOM] Asceticism
SB: 2 [M11] Leyline of Vitality
SB: 1 [MBS] Divine Offering
SB: 1 [M11] Sun Titan
SB: 2 [ROE] Emerge Unscathed
SB: 2 [9E] Naturalize
ishocrone

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like it but wheres the mana excel O.o. I see your deck takes a more slow controlling aspect trying to figure out the opp deck and using green suns to its fullest advantage problem is with caw spell pierce mana leak and other counter effects will absolutley ruin you also running 2 khalni is a little short imo im still testing the deck. I am thinking of running summoning trap with a bunch of creatures like 6x creatures in sb against certain decks with 4x sb let me know what the creature combos should be.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1