Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Elf Deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kazesei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:26 am    Post subject: Elf Deck Reply with quote

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Oran-Rief, the Vastwood
7 [RAV] Forest (4)

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Joraga Warcaller
4 [M11] Llanowar Elves
4 [ROE] Joraga Treespeaker
4 [WWK] Arbor Elf
4 [M11] Elvish Archdruid
4 [ROE] Mul Daya Channelers
2 [SOM] Ezuri, Renegade Leader
1 [MBS] Thrun, the Last Troll
2 [ZEN] Nissa's Chosen

// Spells
2 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
2 [ZEN] Nissa Revane
2 [SOM] Asceticism
2 [M11] Leyline of Vitality
2 [MBS] Lead the Stampede
4 [ZEN] Quest for the Gemblades
2 [WWK] Nature's Claim
2 [SOM] Genesis Wave
2 [M11] Overwhelming Stampede

This is the standard deck I'm working on right now. Haven't really thought about the side deck, though I'd imagine it would run some gravity wells for flyers, some tajuru preservers for anti-eldrazi, etc etc. But at the moment, I'm just looking for thoughts on the main deck. Any and all constructive criticism is welcome!
J_R

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

play more lands
Kazesei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the thing about the lands is generally, if I have at least 1 land I can play, since my elves produce mana. I could imagine adding around 3 to round it at 14, but the question there is what to get rid of. At the moment, nothing jumps out at me as useless.
plowerfower
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<3 elves
Kazesei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, say I throw in 4 more lands, what should I remove to make room?
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what happens when i pyroclasm your elves t2 and you still have 1 forest with no lands in hand?
Kazesei

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already understand the land issue, and agree. However, cutting Genesis wave, gemblades I disagree with, as my elves do produce mana, and as such I have a high chance to give Wave a high X, and with Gemblades, it can also be used on Thrun, as well as the fact that with overwhelming stampede makes the overall boost greater. Lands aren't the only producers of mana, and so to say that those other cards aren't supported in my elf deck isn't really well supported.

Asceticism is the only one I agree with really, and that's because after I have a bunch of elves out is when I generally have the mana for it, and by that point only AoE effects are going to hurt me, which Asceticism does nothing for.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1