Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mirrian White

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Mirrian White Reply with quote

I know that every time a new set comes out someone is going to make a white weenie deck. After a lot of testing I have found this build to be very solid. After the list I will go over the match ups.

// Lands
16 [SOM] Plains (2)
3 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
3 [ZEN] Marsh Flats

// Creatures
4 [SOM] Memnite
4 [MBS] Signal Pest
4 [SOM] Glint Hawk
4 [MBS] Ardent Recruit
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
4 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
4 [MBS] Mirran Crusader
4 [MBS] Accorder Paladin

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Trusty Machete
1 [SOM] Sword of Body and Mind
1 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [ZEN] Journey to Nowhere
SB: 4 [WWK] Kor Firewalker
SB: 4 [WWK] Refraction Trap
SB: 2 [SOM] Revoke Existence
SB: 1 [M11] Elixir of Immortality

There are a few very strong points for this build over Honor the Pure, Quest, or Tempered Steel builds. First and foremost is you only have 4 cards that need other cards to be strong. Ardent Recruit being that card. I have tested Steppe Lynx in that spot. I have also tried taking out Memnite, Ardent Recruit, and Glint Hawk for things like Student of Warfare. I feel like while Memnite and Glint Hawk are really bad late game they add to your explosive opening that only Kuldotha Rebirth or ELVES! can match.

I am going to forgo the card analysis for a quick match up break down. I don't like to give percentages as I am not a math major.

UB Control

Do not over extend. Black Sun's Zenith wipes you out for 3 mana. Equipment is the key to this match. Also a Squadron Hawk or Stoneforge Mystic that makes past counter spells will keep you in the game vs their card advantage. Post board you get some hate vs them in Revoke Existence. If UB control is big in your meta drop 2 Refraction Trap for two Dispense Justice.

Caw!-GO

You are pretty good game one. You have to keep up with the card advantage that they produce with Squadron Hawk, Stoneforger Mystic, and Jace. Like other control matches do not over extend. Play the right threats to stay up on the board. Sneak your equipment into play and even a Signal Pest will be good for the win. Post board you are in for trouble. They are going to have Choking Fumes, Ratchet Bomb, and stuff. All you need is one guy with Equipment to win.

Kuldotha Rebirth is a very hard match. You must play test a lot to get past this match. With their instant speed removal, you are going to lose tempo. Most of the time I side like this.

-4 Trusty Machete
-4 Glint Hawk
-1 Memnite
-1 Signal Pest
-1 Accorder Paladin
-1 Stoneforge Mystic

In +4 Kor Firewalker
In +4 Refraction Trap
In +3 Journey to Nowhere
In +1 Elixir of Immortality

You are the slower deck anyway. Basicly you are the control deck. Though you need to play around Arc Trail and Lightning Bolt. You take out the Glint Hawks if you are on the draw. If not Ardent Recruit. The reason is you lose your opening turn and get two for oned if you they kill your one artifact in response to Glint Hawk.

ELVES! is the deck that you side board the least for. It's a pretty strange match. You are going to blow them out with EQ or they blow you out with Warcallers. I side the Journey to Nowhere for Memnite. Memnite is a do nothing in the match.

Valakut, is a pretty good match for you. Most of the time you are just faster. Side out the Accorder Paladin and Mirran Crusader for Refraction Trap and Kor Firwalker on the draw. If on the play keep the Mirran Crusader and take out 1 each of Memnite, Accorder Paladin, Trusty Machete, and Ardent Recruit.

edited due to formating issues. R3wind.

Last edited by R3wind on Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take out the sword of Body and Mind, geez.
Gwar

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the Swords, but drop the blooming Fetchlands.

Seriously, nothing uses landfall and you don't need mana fixing.

And don't mention "thinning your deck" It makes ZERO impact.
IanStraka

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gwar wrote:

Tell that to every good player playing every good deck.
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any other thoughts on the over all list?
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No steppe lynx?
Tectonic Edge is good if your manabase can handle it. (or teetering peaks)
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my testing Ardent Recruit was a 3/3 on turn 3 plus Battle Cry bonus(es). Spyke, I love the Lynx also. The real reason Steppe Lynx is not in the build is, it kinda sucks vs Red. As that is a tough match, it had to get the cut.

I thought about dropping the fetchlands for 2 Tectonic Edge, 1 Kabira Crossroads, and 1 Emeria, the Sky Ruin. This should improve the red match. The goal of the build is to kill them before man lands start attacking. If they block with them, good! You will lock them down for a turn and turn a dude into LD. I just think that the Valakut match is strong. So you don't really need Tectonic Edge.
magicman85

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not take out the 4 machetes and throw in 4 Quest for Holy relic and a agmentum armor?
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Quest is just like playing a bad combo deck. Quest also forces you to over commit vs control. That makes you scoop to sweepers like Pyroclasm. Also Quest makes your red match even worse as they can remove your creature in response to the Quest trigger.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i find the biggest injustice of the article was that you think caw-blade has choking fumes.

Other than that, it seems fine. Ardent recruit is really terrible as it will never be a 3/3 with only 14 artifacts (you'd need upwards of 20 to play that card)

Steppe lynx as people have said is infi better.
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caw!-Blade is playing Choking Fumes on the side to fend off Battle Cry based decks and Red. Steppe Lynx is good as I said. It's just so bad vs red that I cut it. Also 14 Artifacts is fine in my testing. I have played about 75 matches with the deck. It's my rouge deck of choice. You are more then welcome to play Steppe Lynx in that slot.
R3wind

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You make some valid points. I tested Bonehorde. I will prob take out the Elixir for Bonehorde. Collar only seemed good vs Overgrown Battlement. I am also testing Hammer of Ruin in the side. My meta is strange right now. Lots of bad decks. Only one guy running any tier one decks.
J_R

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IanStraka wrote:
Gwar wrote:

Tell that to every good player playing every good deck.

gwar is right, fetchlands with no use for them is pointless and thining your deck doesnt help much. wat "good" players with "good" decks do you see have fetchlands with no use for them
R3wind

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinning your deck is always good. As I said above, the fetch lands make the red match a bit harder. The one Elixir was something that I was testing to give me a better game vs red and Caw!-Blade. It's kinda good in the Caw!-Blade match as you recycle your Hawks, fetches, and Stoneforgers. I think that it's meh in the red match. I do feel like it needs nine cards from the side to win though. Any thoughts on the ninth card for the red match?
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no adventurer's gear? just sneak in one more of each fetch and you've got something a little faster/more efficient than trusty machete
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2