Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Whats Black and White and Jinxed? This Deck!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks

What do you guys think of this deck idea?
Good
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Bad
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Ugly
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 4

fencer17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Whats Black and White and Jinxed? This Deck! Reply with quote

So, the main point of this deck is to get a Jinxed Idol onto the field and start sacing creatures to it and keep it on your opponents side of the field. Now before you guys just dismiss the idea, hear me out. I'm not trying to make a Kick-butt deck here. I'm just trying to get a deck working thats fun to play and kinda is an odd-ball deck. So, I decided to focus the deck around Jinxed Idol...Why? Because its a odd-ball card that I think could have a deck built around it. With creatures like BListergrub and Perilous Myr that deal 2 damage to our opponent when they hit the grave from the battlefield, their PERFECT targets for Idol. So now, the rest of the deck looks like this:

Marsh Flats x 3
Swamp x 10
Plains x 9

Blistergrub x 4
Perilous Myr x 3
Sun Titan x 3
Squadron Hawk x 4
Bloodghast x 4

Jinxed Idol x 4
Go for the throat x 4
Elspeth Tirel x 3
Day of Judgement x 3
Inquisition of Kozilek x 3
Sphere of the suns x 3

SB:
Doom Blade x 3
Leyline of Sanctity x 3
Divine Offering x 3
Vampire Hexmage x 3
bonehoard x 3

So, theres the deck list. Its still in testing phase. I would like to add Bonehoard to the deck either in 2 or 3 copies because it counts the number of creatures in both graveyards. I'm thinking about taking out Tezzeret for the bonehoards only because I've only used him once and I can use Hexmage to take care of other Tezz's I come across. Ideas, thoughts, comments?

Last edited by fencer17 on Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sandro

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Memnite seems garbage. You should play the landfall vamp too. The one that comes back.
Tao

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^bloodghast. and squadron hawk is a 4 or nothing card. i really hope i don't have to explain why.
cogdill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3x squadron hawk??? *scratches head* and im sure there are better creatures u can use than wall,myr, and blistergrub.
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why no myr sire?? seems better than the walls or the memnites...also i agree with sandro. why no bloodghast??
fencer17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The creature base has been really hard for me to put together. As for 3 of Hawks, I just couldn't figure out the right number I could probably do without the walls, but the grub and myr are there for the addition 2 dmg they do when they get saced to the idol.

I tried bloodghast but didnt have the right number of lands at the time so ditched him. I will take the walls out for bloodghast. I've also removed the single island and rainforest and Tezzeret from the deck and sb. Added Bonehoard to SB in place of Tezz. Haven't tested it yet.

Sandro I'm confused about the Landfall Vamp you mentioned. What card is it?
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update the first post if you have made changes.

I assume the "landfall vamp" is Bloodghast. It's def playable if you run a set of 8 fetchlands.
fencer17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Changes made to deck list in first post, though now I'm getting mana-screwed every game, getting stuck on two mana. Thinking about dropping the spheres for one or two more mana plus a few more cards (not sure what tho)
Listenboi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Following the idea of jinxed idol i did another BG version it sucks anyways

// Lands
9 [ZEN] Swamp (1)
11 [MBS] Forest (1)
4 [ZEN] Verdant Catacombs

// Creatures
1 [SOM] Blistergrub
4 [MBS] Glissa, the Traitor
4 [ZEN] Bloodghast
1 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
4 [SOM] Perilous Myr
3 [MBS] Myr Sire

// Spells
3 [M11] Garruk Wildspeaker
2 [ZEN] Bloodchief Ascension
4 [M11] Jinxed Idol
4 [M11] Sign in Blood
2 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
4 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek

// Sideboard
SB: 3 [ZEN] Disfigure
SB: 3 [M11] Naturalize
SB: 3 [MBS] Black Sun's Zenith
SB: 3 [ZEN] Vampire Hexmage
SB: 3 [M11] Duress
fencer17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does seem to have to be a very fine tuned deck, it can't be something thats just thrown together. It's taken me a week through testing and hours of thinking about the cards carefully. I'm not saying my version is 100% or even 80%. It just can't been something thats thrown together.
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cards to consider: mimic vat, reassembling skeleton, quest for the gravelord. Also you can always make it BR for the better land base and go with some mark of mutiny and tuktuk. arc trail, pyroclasm, and slagstorm can still do well vs aggro decks.
fencer17

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might try that because even though the white black is doing decent after adding another plains, its just not providing enough push and drags the game out which then becomes a "whoever can draw the best card first" game. I'll work on it tomorrow after work.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1