Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

black green midrange

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
paulallan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:28 pm    Post subject: black green midrange Reply with quote

heyyyy
the idea hear is to be able to handle the fast decks and have two much for the control decks, the ramp decks i'll have to sb against but they are beatable

this is the deck i'll be using please tell what u think Smile

4 nest invader
3 glissa, the traitor
2 phyrexian ranger
3 thrun, the last troll
3 precursor golem
3 grave titan

2 garruk wildspeaker

2 doom blade
3 go for the throat
2 explore
3 ratchet bomb
4 mimic vat

3 evolving wilds
8 forest
8 swamp
3 terramorphic expanse
4 verdant catacombs

sideboard

3 memoricide
4 phyrexian revoker
3 acidic slime
2 creeping corrosion
3 vendetta

Edit:

Update on deck...

after testing and the helpful comments i've managed to refine the list and get it working good, i'l break it down for you.

4 nest invader
3 glissa, the traitor
2 vampire nighthawk
3 skinrender
3 grave titan
3 wurmcoil engine

2 garruk wildspeaker

2 doom blade
3 go for the throat
2 explore
3 ratchet bomb
4 mimic vat

3 evolving wilds
8 forest
8 swamp
3 terramorphic expanse
4 verdant catacombs

sideboard

4 memoricide
3 thrun, the last troll
3 acidic slime
2 creeping corrosion
3 brittle effigy

i kept the nest invader as its and in your face 2 for 1 and an accselerator, main borad this is just to clogg up the board givin me two blockers or beat for two, after sideboarding it's a turn three memoricide or thrun (which i moved to the sideboard).
i also kept the three glissa because she demands a removal spell she kills nearly everything and holds the board plus she has the added bonus of bringing the ratchet bomb's, mimic vat's or wurmcoils back form the graveyard.
i added two vampire nighthawk to help with evasion a few times in testing i lost to a rouge flyier i found that just adding two was enough and the life gain helps with kuldotha red, same as glissa realy the vampire demands a bolt.
in the first deck i made i had 3 thrun main board but have since moved him hes a great sb card and in his place i used skinrender, getting the skinrender on a vat is awsome good and better main board that thrun (not a better card just better synergy).
i kept the three grave titan this dude is also awsome and if they manage to briing him down he's even better under a vat Smile
i dropped the precursor golems in favor of the wurmcoils they just stick better (i liked the idea of an army of golems but there just too easy to get rid off) and if they are killed they make tokens at first the 6 mana put me off because i was using grave titans as well but the 26 land count, garruk, nest invader and a couple of explores help get there easy even on a slow day i'd be playing these turn 6
there is the downside that i can get realy bad draws but not often.
garruk is mainly use for mana but likes to pump out 3/3
doom blade/ go for the throat are there for removal
explore for accselaration
ratchet bomb this is awsome against the fast deck and token decks, (which are on the rise) it blows them out, it also catches planeswalkers Smile
mimic vat the only down side to this card is the mirror, if an opponant has a vat it gets confusing who has prority, and with 3 on the battlefield it becomes a nightmare (love that card a black horse with fire hooves first rare i ever opened thoses were the days) but the upsides are fantastic any main deck creature under the vat gives me a little extra even the nest invader pumps out a little army

the sideboard

memoricide almost always comes in turn 3 memoricide can make the other player cry (primeval titan, jace, grave titan, doj,
abyssal persecutor, blightsteel collosus, thrun, koth the list goes on.
thrun against any sort of control this dude is the man it doesn't take long for this guy to lay the beat down, i've just got to remember to keep the mana open for doj and phyrexian rebirth.
3 acidic slime wow this guy on a vat destroys mana bases destroys enchantments and ARTIFACTS every turn, against 2 colour decks it can keep them of a colour destroys artifacts for fun in an artifact world all round a good card (maybe should be main board)
creeping corrosion is the for the indomitable angel and myr decks its a one sided doj and i can get my artifact back
brittle effigy is for those cards that i hate iona, emerikul,blightsteel stuff i don't want to waste a memoricide on.

any ways there's my list any more c n c would always be welcome
thx for reading. Smile

(copy+pasted -EngSk)
paulallan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought about putting in skinrender, wurmcoil and brittle effigy but settled on this deck.
paulallan

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no body likes a turn 3 memoricide Smile
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For starters, stop spamming your own thread.

Second, if you have Glissa, why not just simply play Wurmcoil Engine, or Steel Hellkite?

Third, you're playing Glissa and Thrun, so where are your equipment?

Fourth, Phyrexian Rager is a good card, but not in this deck.

Fifth, for what do you want to use Mimic Vat?

Mr. Green
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks bad. Your deck only seems to revolve around mimic vat
Magx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you have basically good idea (controlling aggro decks and having too much for control)

I'd play some duress and/or Inquisition of Kozkilek and definitaly 4x Disfigure main deck (aggainst aggro)

I don't think Precursor Golem is any good (too much fragile to almost any removal out there)

You don't need Glissa in this deck, unless you put more artifacts in it.
Alandariel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The deck needs more Wurmcoil Engine and less Precursor Golem.

Also, people seem to forget that Glissa is still a 3/3 First Strike Deathtouch for 3 mana. That's pretty good.

How often do you find yourself with two legends in hand? Seems like it would happen pretty often.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always been fond of Midrange decks. Precursor Golem isn't good enough to make the cut over Wurmcoil though. All so, something about only having 2 explore's in the deck bother's me. Could you possibly make that a 4slot instead??? Its not that explore is bad mid-late game, its just that much better if you are playing it turn 2.
paulallan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx for the feed back Smile

after testing and the helpful comments i've managed to refine the list and get it working good, i'l break it down for you.

4 nest invader
3 glissa, the traitor
2 vampire nighthawk
3 skinrender
3 grave titan
3 wurmcoil engine

2 garruk wildspeaker

2 doom blade
3 go for the throat
2 explore
3 ratchet bomb
4 mimic vat

3 evolving wilds
8 forest
8 swamp
3 terramorphic expanse
4 verdant catacombs

sideboard

4 memoricide
3 thrun, the last troll
3 acidic slime
2 creeping corrosion
3 brittle effigy

i kept the nest invader as its and in your face 2 for 1 and an accselerator, main borad this is just to clogg up the board givin me two blockers or beat for two, after sideboarding it's a turn three memoricide or thrun (which i moved to the sideboard).
i also kept the three glissa because she demands a removal spell she kills nearly everything and holds the board plus she has the added bonus of bringing the ratchet bomb's, mimic vat's or wurmcoils back form the graveyard.
i added two vampire nighthawk to help with evasion a few times in testing i lost to a rouge flyier i found that just adding two was enough and the life gain helps with kuldotha red, same as glissa realy the vampire demands a bolt.
in the first deck i made i had 3 thrun main board but have since moved him hes a great sb card and in his place i used skinrender, getting the skinrender on a vat is awsome good and better main board that thrun (not a better card just better synergy).
i kept the three grave titan this dude is also awsome and if they manage to briing him down he's even better under a vat Smile
i dropped the precursor golems in favor of the wurmcoils they just stick better (i liked the idea of an army of golems but there just too easy to get rid off) and if they are killed they make tokens at first the 6 mana put me off because i was using grave titans as well but the 26 land count, garruk, nest invader and a couple of explores help get there easy even on a slow day i'd be playing these turn 6
there is the downside that i can get realy bad draws but not often.
garruk is mainly use for mana but likes to pump out 3/3
doom blade/ go for the throat are there for removal
explore for accselaration
ratchet bomb this is awsome against the fast deck and token decks, (which are on the rise) it blows them out, it also catches planeswalkers Smile
mimic vat the only down side to this card is the mirror, if an opponant has a vat it gets confusing who has prority, and with 3 on the battlefield it becomes a nightmare (love that card a black horse with fire hooves first rare i ever opened thoses were the days) but the upsides are fantastic any main deck creature under the vat gives me a little extra even the nest invader pumps out a little army

the sidebord

memoricide almost always comes in turn 3 memoricide can make the other player cry (primeval titan, jace, grave titan, doj,
abyssal persecutor, blightsteel collosus, thrun, koth the list goes on.
thrun against any sort of controll this dude is the man it doesn't take long for this guy to lay the beat down, i've just got to remember to keep the mana open for doj and phyrexian rebirth.
3 acidic slime wow this guy on a vat destroys mana bases destroys enchantments and ARTIFACTS every turn, against 2 colour decks it can keep them of a colour destroys artifacts for fun in an artifact world all round a good card (maybe should be main board)
creeping corroision is the for the indomitable angel and myr decks its a one sided doj and i can get my artifact back
brittle effigy is for those cards that i hate iona, emerikul,blightsteel stuff i don't want to waste a memoricide on.

any ways theres my list any more c n c would always be welcome
thx for reading Smile
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1